Update 1.3 - Atlas Rises Is Live!

Hello!

It’s been a year since No Man’s Sky first released, and it’s been an exciting, intense and emotional time for us at Hello Games. We have been quiet, but we have been listening intently.

Today we’re excited to announce our third update: Version 1.3 – Atlas Rises is coming to PS4 and PC soon.

This is the biggest update we’ve released to date, featuring a new central storyline and a wide array of new and improved features. Whether you’re a veteran interloper or completely new to the No Man’s Sky universe, there has never been a better time to start your journey.

Full patch notes are available here: Atlas Rises Update - No Man's Sky, but here’s a quick run down of the main features:

• 30 hours of branching story and deeper lore
  • Procedurally generated guild missions
  • Much deeper interstellar trading
  • Star Systems have varying wealth, conflict and economies
  • Overhauled Space combat controls, weapons and AI
  • Portal stargates enable quick travel
  • Terrain manipulation for more complex bases
  • New farming and mining interactions bring increased depth
  • Increased biome variety and Rare exotic biomes
  • Analysis visor & discovery improvements
  • Galaxy map and many other UI improvements
  • New S Class ship designs
  • Low altitude flight and the ability to crash your ship
  • Crashed Freighters to salvage on planets
  • Joint exploration

Our story brings a new quest system and branching narrative to No Man’s Sky. In the Atlas Rises story, the fabric of existence is starting to falter. A mysterious new inter-dimensional race have appeared, and ancient portals have begun to open.

Glitches in the simulation, visualised by strange floating orbs, allow players to see and communicate with up to 16 other travellers and explore the universe together. While interaction with others is currently very limited, this is an important first step into the world of synchronous co-op in No Man’s Sky.

On behalf of myself and the team here at Hello Games, I just want to say thank you for this year. Thank you for playing, providing feedback, sharing, discovering and so much more…

Our journey continues!

18 Likes

Why the pathfinder update video?(Just curious :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Time Loop! The ARG has been re-initialized! :scream:

8 Likes

I cant decide whether or not to restart, I would like to know what everyone else is doing and then go with the tide:smile:

• I’m restarting with the new update
  • I am not restarting with the new update

0 voters

I feel you I’m torn erase 300+ hours or make one on hardcore or perma decisions decisions

2 Likes

As much as I didn’t want it to end I think my wife would leave me if it started again right now I think she though we were all crazy

Well spotted! You win the prize… of the correct trailer!

12 Likes

So seems your ID is quite narrowing now… not from A&S side…
“we”… “on behalf of the team”… am I right Sean?!
Cheers man!
Thank you.

1 Like

HOLY UNDER-PROMISE / OVER-DELIVER HG!!

Update 1.3 will release this week and will be available for free to all No Man’s Sky players. We’re calling it Atlas Rises. It focuses on improving the central story of No Man’s Sky and adds the ability to quick travel between locations using portals. Patch notes will be made available shortly before the update goes live.

I had a feeling 1.3 would follow the trend from the previous updates: Little promised, tons delivered. Sure enough, I had to take a break from reading the full patch notes, they just kept on going! The team at Hello Games is simply amazing. Thank you all so much!!

And now for the longest day of work…

8 Likes

The ARG felt epic, this feels massive… It’s just so wonderful to think that there are so many people sharing the same dream. Thank you guys, from the bottom of my heart!

5 Likes

If anyone wants to meet me :smile:this is my planetary address at the moment
Edit-this is not my home base, just a planet I was on at that moment, I am long gone now, so please do not waste resources to come here :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

How about I am a new player with the new update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I realized there is also that status,but, it was to help me decide whether or not to restart, I’m a bit selfish:smile:(I decided to not restart)

Sounds crazy… but… who knows I’ll might do it as well

This update looks so badass! I am for the restarting camp(all my millions :cry:), although I only have maybe 30hrs in or so(fairly new player on PS4) and just got the PC version on sale too. Work day can’t finish fast enough!

Sigh…looks like I’m restarting again… :yum:

3 Likes

Honestly, the early stuff has changed so much that it’s really worth starting from scratch.

1 Like

I just started a new game in normal mode. There’s a thousand little improvements. But I’m finding it a lot harder - more like survival mode. Not complaining, mind you.

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve just completed the Atlas Pass and were ready to go to the center of the galaxy. Would that be a good way to “restart” instead of erasing my former save?