What do you think? Polls!

yea like hey we know we were jerks here is a sweet smell enjoy and relax

2 Likes

New poll
What’s your answer? One vote by user, please!

• Box B
  • Boxes A & B
  • Do nothing

0 voters

1 Like

I think this challenge is more about trusting Emily/Loop16 to predict accurately, and in case things go bad, to prevent Emily/Loop16 from turning on us :smile:

There is also this: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/6s38mo
The last paragraph of the quote is most interesting.

We’re not going to get anything out of the boxes anyway, it’s a test to see if we are still usefull by putting our trust in Emily/Loop16 to predict accurately.

I think the result of this test will simply rely on the previous info we have given that provides the data base for the loop 16 prediction.
Most notably are the psych questions during early phase 2 (Atlas pass time).
The maths for acurately choosing a box is near impossible to allow for, as half the decision is not ours. That makes our decision more like only 1 in 4 in our favour. Given the “red button” test and other previous questions which we have been provided with results for, I think the anti majority A&B vote is the less likely to be predicted.
Just for the record I said “B” earlier in a discussion with the footnote that I believed it’s wrong due to the majority of people choosing it.
We have been played. A&B I now say.

1 Like

But if too many people choose A+B, then Loop16 would predict it because it is the majority’s sentiment?

I wonder how Loop16 will choose:
Will it go with majority vote? In that case picking A+B now is the best option, because B has the majority vote pretty conclusively and you would “prove it wrong” I suppose?
Or is it going to say that we didnt all vote for the same answer, thus invalidating the result and B is empty. In that case A+B is also the best option.
B is the go to option to show your trust in its ability to predict correct.

Then again it’s not about the result, since we’re not getting anything out of it. Either way Loop16 can say “I predicted correct, look here” and just lie if it was actually wrong. If it did actually predict correctly, it still wont really mean anything and we will have to see what Loop16 has in store for us based on the result…

2 Likes

Exactly what I’ve been thinking since the poll started. It’s all well and good to say you have a machine that says it can predict the future, but when those predictions are stated after the event’s happen how do we know they were actually predicted…especially when that program has admitted it has lied before?

1 Like

Yeah and if it has started to lock out employees and taking control of hardware and stuff, it will be easier to just lie and go simulate a universe or something

Verification comes from proof. This would be possible, especially in the physical world, but easy to manipulate in the e-world

plus the aspect of dimensions, there was an author - don’t remember - whom wrote about dimension traveling.

number of dimensions = 6^6^6 = 10314424798490535546171949056 dimensions

using a 3 dial - 360 degrees per dial - then pressing execute - you shifted to that dimension.

considering some of the galaxies are dimensions or is it all just dimension travel and we never leave the spot we started at?

Sorry if i seem cynic but what do we have ? 2 solutions: Taking only B show that the majority believe that loop16 is “infaillible” (as Sophia wrote). and taking both boxes the inverse.
So HG (Alice & Smith if you prefer :wink: ) will just have this information: Do the majority “trust” in Loop16 or not.

IRL there’s no prediction in the black box, We saw “Bob” putting a card in it ok, let’s say it’s written “B” on it. A&S had maybe already placed another card with A + B in it and today they will choose whitch one to show us, just to validate that Loop16 was right, or wrong, depending of their scenario.

So our vote reflect what we think about loop16 (or maybe Emily) and they can (or not) adjust the nexts episodes.

I think the sheer majority have already decided on B. We are passengers from here on in.
If I’m wrong we win. If I’m right we lose. 50/50. Others say the complete opposite. I support our group but think the majority is wrong.

So I originally voted A&B. Had to play it safe, didn’t want to walk away with zip, nuthin, nada…here I voted B. Today I feel like taking a risk. Sorry if you only wanted our actual votes.

1 Like

the majority is USUALLY wrong! :slight_smile:

“Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups”.
Mob rule is a disaster. Sheep following fools.
Brings to mind the mob in Life of Brian.
I’m happy to be wrong if it means we don’t get disolved by the loop16/Emily entity :wink:

3 Likes

Do you believe in objective truth? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

When you listen to fooooooools
THE MOB RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES

I agree. I think the whole concept of loop16 thus far is that it’s an AI that learned directly from our inputs as a whole. So you’d think it can predict without fail what we would choose as a majority. If it wants to gain our trust, it would probably predict exactly what we chose to appear infallible. Otherwise it would most likely lie to possibly protect itself(self preservation) and prohibit it being taken down or erased moving forward.
The questions it asked us on Twitch about whether it was alive, and whether we thought it was dangerous sounded like an AI becoming self aware, and it trying to gauge if we also thought it was real/alive to gain acceptance.
How else do we know we exist? It’s because those around us make us feel we exist, as they interact directly with us and we with them.
Sorry guys, really went a bit too deep for my own good on that one just for a simple box choice. :confused:

“Follow the gourd!”

Messiah! Messiah!

I never take anything too serious :smile:

1 Like

in the common sense approach, the objective truth principle says it is truth for all people base on a question with one answer. If I was to answer questions and give the answers that I know is truth, there will always be someone whom will object.

I understand and follow the “Wizard’s First Rule”
(if you dont know what that is, get the book)

1 Like

Love me some Terry Goodkind :wink:

1 Like