What are you playing as?

As of right now, it looks like we’re going to be able to play as the different races. Given the option, which one will you choose?

• New player model
  • Gek
  • Korvax
  • Vy’keen
  • Traveler

0 voters

6 Likes

I went with the new player models due to the helmets…they look cool.

I wonder if there will be an S-Class helmet?

4 Likes

Isn’t traveller and new player model the same thing tho?

1 Like

i think he means the ones that give you glyphs

4 Likes

8 Likes

Welp. I put Traveller assuming the ones in the trailer. But, I mean new model. Ignore my vote :yum:

What? No one wants to be a Gek? Come on. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh yeah soz I forgot about hem, it’s been sooo long since I’ve seen one lol

1 Like

(keep in mind that my understanding of the lore Is limited, and my explanation is probably inaccurate, plus i’m guessing at the W/ARE thing)

My understanding of it is; the Travelers were recreations of the Atlas’ creator’s brain scans, and are different from the players, which are people trapped in NMS by W/ARE.

1 Like

Not to be offensive, but to me the Gek are like “Greedy Fart Golblins”.

4 Likes

Slum Lords of the Universe. I can see them kicking people out into the cold winter night…maybe NEXT will help change our perception of them. :grinning:

3 Likes

If I’m a new player model, I can pretend I’m human and roleplay my own recreation of Farscape.

2 Likes

But their farts can let you experience memories, emotions. Maybe more…fart illusionists. Or gaseous empaths.

7 Likes

Plus, they gave us the nip-nip! They have some redeeming attributes…

4 Likes

Given an in-house joke at my place it would likely I would choose Vykeen.
I’m not sure if we will have that many style options if other races are included but I think the various suits will have several options. I’ll likely return to 1st person view anyway.

Can’t wait to see other players ships though…especially if they do the old pull in sideways under reverse thrust stylish landing.
Sci-fi heaven!

4 Likes

Im the only one who chose Gek :rofl:

5 Likes

Hey @HypoLord can you put this in General Discussion or do you mind if I do? This is a bit hidden in the off topic right now.

1 Like

Moved to general discussions.

2 Likes

New player model. Although I may change my mind when it arrives on the 24th… :wink:

I really doubt we will have a chance to play as a different race. Players of NMS are travellers (so I voted for a traveller). The Gek we could see on the trailer is (in my opinion) an NPC. It behaves different way than others (players?).

1 Like