What are you doing to prepare for the NEXT chapter?

I didn’t know that but that can be used against them as well if someone sees it as a valuable use of their time…it can devolve into a rather sad back and forth game nobody wins…but still…nobody rules anything. It’s not like there’s a shortage of places to go live in…in the end nobody can be found if they don’t want to be…plenty of galaxies to go around.

You need an organised group to do it with serious effect. It basically involves starting a war. But it can be done - and it has been done. If it’s possible to spoil someone else’s work, there’s always some screwball who will do it. And enjoy doing it.

1 Like

Screwball is all it can be…no real war…one troll can just move his base to spoil things for others. But it’s kind of pointless…and this will most likely end up getting patched…until then people can just not share their bases and they can still live just fine wherever they please.

Figured I’d power this thread back up since it’s getting closer to NEXT and the disruption that is expected. I’d like to hear what others are doing too.

Well, I know some travellers are heading for the great empty unknowns away from the hubs, while others are hunkering down and forming alliances.
I’m doing neither…

I didn’t prepare much for Atlas Rises other than to up my budget and this time around I’m going to face the update head-on as well.
I still have the little base I mentioned in an earlier post and I have a ‘farm’ of harvesters (albeit faulty) in a neighboring system. My freighter farm gives me a bit of everything and my onboard stocks cover just about every mineral and product there is. My haulers are stuffed full of extras and my fighter is primed and ready for whatever comes.
I’m in the final stages of stockpiling resources, although I know its possible some crafted products will be rendered obselete like last time.
I’m taking the time to locate and mark my local portals and my stock of warp cells would get me far and away in no time should the need arise.

I’ve taken quite a lot of local pics to use as comparisons for after the update and also making sure all my uploads are complete.

Thats about it. Still getting some language as I poke about but otherwise I feel I’m pretty much ready as I’m gunna be.

5 Likes

Im ready as im gonna be. Its so uncertain, doing nothing=continue as normal is what I am doing. Building my new base in the ECSD Hub. Im located in the “basement”, below the chain of stars. Trying atmosphere harvesters again. I never have had an issue with the harvesters.
I have my local portal marked, and will mark my two off planet harvesters, when they are in place.

4 Likes

My Calypso games are completed, stocked up with all minerals etc to loads of nanites and a war chest of fusion igniters. Last thing I did there was collect all the words.
In Euclid Im about 3/4 of the way there, should be all done next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not moving too far away yet…I will load in relatively close to a hub when NEXT launches but not too close…I have the best stuff in the game though my multitool is specced for mining not maximum damage…still…I should be able to survive alright if something does go down. If the worst case scenario happens I can simply disable online play for a while or just disconnect the PS4 from the internet until I am well away from civilized space. Getting away from trouble should not be a problem. My main tip to anyone is back up your saves before NEXT…this can come in handy in countless situations like unexpected critical bugs/glitches(Atlas Rises had plenty at launch) among other things but if you load in the game and are killed due to unrestricted PvP you can close the game, restore pre NEXT saves, disable online play in game settings or disconnect your machine from the internet, then get very far away from any hub you may be near, and reconnect to internet though you should leave online play disabled in that scenario.

3 Likes

Well since I created this thread ages ago, much has changed in my game.

I’ve done a complete audit of all my stored items and I’m using MS OneNote on my phone to categorize and organize everything I need. No more blind opening a container trying to find an item!

My OneNote contains all 9 storage container inventories, all three Exocraft inventories, Freighter and all starship inventories as well as High Capacity storage.

I finally tracked down a suitable upgrade for my Hauler, I also have an S-Class Multitool which has a phenomenal mining rate.

Other than that, just visiting bases and returning to my freighter to harvest from my Liquid Explosive farm.

My planetside base is no more, a result of hunting my Hauler but I still have a base on my water planet just in case.

2 Likes

I somehow missed this thread the first time around so thank for reviving it :slight_smile:

Will be paying you a visit soon Mr Mad of Hatter, the sun visited Ireland yesterday which it only does once every five years if we’re lucky so I had to go stand outside in it and remember what it’s like to be basked in its warmth :smirk:

As for me, I restarted my original save in 1.1 as I was in hilbert and I wanted to visit this new Galactic Hub that was forming from the ashes of the reddit Mr robot incident. (when we could only have one game save) from which I hit that glitch that prevents you from finding or receiving final warp drive. So it took me nearly four months to get to the hub.

When atlas rises dropped, I got the no travellers spawning bug day one, or I assumed was a bug, so I started my survival mode game and that’s what I’ve been playing since atlas rises.

For NEXT I decided I’d start a new Normal save and get myself set up in time for when it hits.

I’ve poured about 120 hours into it, have a decent farm set up and amassing units to get a good freighter,

at the moment I have a basic 12 slot c class and plan to emigrate to the ETARC hub very soon,

I have a little base just outside the hub on my survival save so will probably set up near there and then scour the hub for something a little nicer and closer.

The main reason to have this normal game up to scratch is mainly for other travellers and their visits. Up until recently, all my visitors were normal saves visiting survival save and vice versa, I couldn’t see anyone’s lovely bases and they couldn’t see mine.

When NEXT hits I Hope to have two decent bases set up on normal and survival so no matter your game mode preference, we can touch nips and poke our belly buttons (the universal greeting within the sim, right? That strange man in the overcoat told me it was true…)

4 Likes

Still need to find myself an S class freighter, I have an A class freighter with 6 ships, 3 of them are 48 slot haulers, S & A class, an S class fighter and 2 S class exotics.

I have about £250,000,000 units but still building that up.

I have a base which farms 10 circuit boards but am I right in assuming we will lose the bases with the update?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t do that…not now…freighters are almost certainly going to undergo a vast revamp…they kind of need to as the hangars can’t properly fit several ships we can get…and they’ll likely be improved with more slots or features and so on…I would not drop half a billion units on a freighter now just to fine I need to replace it in a month.

1 Like

No i’m not in any rush for the freighter yet, I will wait until the update before I buy another.

1 Like

It would be bad to throw all your money at a freighter now and then have the update introduce vastly superior ones.

1 Like

It’s likely the universe gets reseeded, so your base may end up on a totally different type of world, the other updates didn’t cause me to lose anything as far as assets go. I can’t see them removing the building types - just adding more.

4 Likes

Yep…they won’t likely remove anything but I would not get too invested in building a planetary base right now as there’s no telling what kind of planet it will be on after the update…and the last time around there were glitches where after updating your base could end up underground and filled with terrain and such. Use the farms you have at your base right now to the max and bank units but don’t pin your hopes and dreams on not having to move your base after the update.

2 Likes

Cheers, I wasn’t too worried about losing my base, was just wondering if I would have needed to move my storage containers to my freighter. All good though :grin:

2 Likes

The only thing that was majorly effected in terms of assets were that some just became obsolete or were replaced with a different item.

I can’t remember which but I remember I had a few crafted resources, a type of glass maybe? Stockpiled for building something and after atlas rises it became a defunct item.

I’m definitely getting a lot of that wrong but it was nothing major, can anyone remember? I’ve a head like a siv.

Or maybe it was that they changed the recipe for certain buildings and doors etc so my stockpiles didn’t really make sense anymore… I think I’ve gotten too much sun today my heads melted :joy:

5 Likes

I had the most accomplished in Permadeath on the PC, but a few weeks ago I got out of my ship too quickly, the computer froze and the next time I wanted to load in Permadeath it had changed in normal mode lol
Now I have three Normal modes with exotic ships and one Survival with exotics.
Left one slot open to start completely new again.
Up till now I played offline . Don’t know if I will go online on the PC, guess the choice will still be there…
On the Playstation 4 however I will totally start over, together with my grandkids and we will probably play Creative and start with making a base together…

7 Likes

End of Atlas Rises Era (micro story)

Docked alongside the massive space station sits the Brazen Pioneer II freighter. Her belly is full of a lifetimes collection of starships, materials and components. She is awaiting the end of the era. Soon a wave will blast across the universe, in its wake a change so vast that only spoilers can foresee. Much of what she carries may well soon be useless and preparation is probably futile but it is how it is always done.
It has happened before. A cataclysmic change that altered everything we knew.
Data banks were wiped and whole planets reformed. Entire civilisations were displaced and forced to be reborn. Glitches formed and coagulated… and over it all the crimson eye of the Atlas watched cynically.
Each time the change is more dramatic, more destructive yet ultimately more beautiful.

On the hostile desert world, a small insignificant dwelling sits among a ring of cacti. Evil creatures roam the land under an apocalyptic orange sky, while some miles away, the dark towering mass of the stone portal sits dormant and quiet.
It is here I await the end of what I know. I can see the Brazen Pioneer II and the bulk of the space station far above, nestled among the stars. Outside on a makeshift landing pad, my trusty starship Apostle GT waits, a pillar of pearl white above a black pearl sphere of a body. The golden embellishments gleam in the poor light and the vibrant glow of the slowly turning thrusters casts a shallow pool of light.
I take a final walk around the simple structure that has been my home and reminisce over my time here and my explorations afar to distant worlds.
I wonder at who I am and at who I will become.
I have made my final goodbyes and visited my favourite worlds. The future is an unknown precipice lurking ahead and the wave of change is coming.
Now all I can do is simply wait.

11 Likes

I’m spending my last days here. I really wanted make this place home but it’s in the middle of Firefly and I didn’t want to build anything that interfered with where the capital system was going to be. Also there’s no ocean so I moved on. I never forgot about it though. I’ll be hanging out here watching to storms and the sky.

7 Likes