What are you doing to prepare for the NEXT chapter?

I’m making money, as much as i can selling Fusion Ignitors. (little bit over a billion now)
Storing as much gases as i can using the Atmosphere Harvester glitch.

I’m pretty sure there will be need of money after NEXT, i’m really hoping there will be new stuff we could buy.

3 Likes
  • Bump that @Matt33111 !
  • With you on point no.6 @ChewyWeAreNotHome ! (no.3 is all sorted over here :wink: )
  • You remind me of the all-too-common cheeky Gek request for units @sheralmyst :wink:
  • Great list @TravelEcho - Putting down exo-pads this early may lead to lost resources …? Had no idea coinage limit was 4.5bills - 1.8 will do me for now I guess. Point No.6 is my No.1! No.10 is a pleasant reminder, thanks - sometimes I wish i’d stayed in Euclid :confused:
  • Nicely styled ‘bunker base’ @Mad-Hatter + new name-badge looks dope!

As for me,

1. feeling like Mr.T over here with all m’gold medallions (guild/race quests), just need to hunt down that elusive ‘S class Freighter’ to become a big-ass-intergalactic-FOOL! Thanos Rises! lol
  2. Could do with swapping my 2x A/H/48’s for 2x S/H/48s but being so g’damn fussy I don’t see it happening very soon. Would be nice to have the 5x S/H/48’s (basically mobile base/farm builders!) alongside my 1x Squid/20.

I swear I’ve been waiting for NEXT my entire life - HYPE! lol - hope it doesn’t dissapoint…

4 Likes

ikr?! >.>

Also I never seem to worry about resources since I’m always out exploring and gathering. I often worry about what I should do with them rather than simply hoarding them.

But I expect there will be another huge upheaval when the game is updated, so therefore much will be lost regardless. Hahaha.

2 Likes

I have 4.3 billion on my main character and 5 other characters with good earning bases if all the plants were devalued i could turn them to newer configurations pretty quick

2 Likes

Joined The Spacing Guild this week for some good info and banter

1 Like

My main save of about 1000 hours corrupted last night so, lol, went from having every in game metric maxxed to having everything to do again…or not. maybe. ;/

2 Likes

I have PS plus that keeps backups thankfully. I have been rescued by that on a couple of occasions.

3 Likes

I have ps plus also, but not for that psn. Im really not sure how it works for other psn’s on my system, If the others upload along with it?

Anyways, not the end of the world, its just annoying.

I made a psn as a buddy account for nms, Its only a little behind my main one. got all the toys and s class ships and with a couple hundred words to collect to be done. :slight_smile:

Ive liked your post but wish there was an empathy button… That is my worst nightmare and for me would be soul destroying… Perhaps NEXT will offer the motivation to go for it once again!

2 Likes

Thats ok :slight_smile: I’ll wait to see if next straightens out that save before i get rid of it as the game just wont load on that psn at all.

Anyways, sorry for derailing the thread…carry on!

Not much…nothing I can do to be more prepared…I have all tech blueprints, all product recipes, 1.4 billion units saved up, a ship collection of all the best possible ships in their classes(except shuttle, those are trash)…S class ships with max slots and stats for their class including a 20+6 slot exotic with +64% hyperdrive, +49% damage, and +59% shields. The only thing that is less than absolute perfection is my explorer which is S class 38+12 slots but only +61% hyperdrive rather than the best possible +64%. My suit is maxed out and my multitool is an alien S class 24 slot with some of the best stats in the game. My freighter is pre Atlas Rises 48 slot freighter, and while it can’t warp I’m not planning to replace it as freighters will likely undergo more drastic changes and my 48 slot carries more trade-in value. Other than that I don’t really have a planetary base right now…as least nothing built up planetside…but that’s fine. I don’t plan to stay in the galaxy I am in now and I don’t need to farm any units.

6 Likes

Oh no! That is my nightmare scenario! Did you have a backup? I save a backup after every play session. Good Luck!

1 Like

I wish that I could build this well. My preparation base is four square bases stacked on each other with these corridors sticking out from the sides. Evokes memories of cacti…

As soon as we get a firm release date we can start booking time off work!

1 Like

Well, if it is gonna cause a problem…:dizzy_face:

That’s so misleading and untrue…there can be no such thing as “government” when nobody can have any real power…it’s not even PVP in any way shape or form so it’s not like a group can gang up on those they don’t like in their space. And it’s not like resources are actually shared or limited in any capacity…me mining a gold vein won’t prevent it being there for the dude that comes for it 10 seconds later. Hell people can enable base sharing and put a base on your planet and like it or not there’s nothing you can do about it. A handful of people can try to call themselves whatever ruler or some such but it’s meaningless…some can choose to play along but it still doesn’t do anything. Nobody owns any of the territory or the space…it’s kind of in the title.

I wasn’t trying to cause problems but I don’t think those sorts of articles help…they can create expectations for features that aren’t there which is what caused so many problems at launch. Drawing comparisons between NMS and EVE isn’t all that great.

Not a problem. :sweat_smile: I just liked the idea behind the article. When the Etarc Hub was being set up there was a lot of voting as things were worked out and decisions were made. In essence, there really is a kind of ‘government’ of sorts. I thought the article was good. I can re-post it but it is also in another thread. I just don’t want to be responsible for making people angry. :disappointed_relieved: The article was retweeted by HG as well.

If you claim a base in a planetary system, you destroy the original owner’s base.

Organised groups have caught on to this idea. They have wiped out a whole community.

Malicious people will find any way they can to cause unpleasantness. And they do.

3 Likes

Which is why I think the ‘reset’ was quite interesting. It is like the whole lore where the Atlas is constantly resetting and trying to find the Creator and in the meantime, civilizations are living and dying and going to war, unaware that they are really in a simulation. If we go into the WARE system, will we be able to take our knowledge into the dream world and evade being stuck in endless loops, or will we be trapped there forever, never remembering the real world outside? :scream: or are we already there and just don’t know it yet…

2 Likes