Weekly updates

So I have a question.

Do you think these weekly events will require co-op I mean speaking as someone who doesn’t play Co-op I’m just curious?

2 Likes

I think there is a distinct possibility.

There are several players here that would be glad to help you with co-op given your platform and mode.

1 Like

Not sure if they are going to run solo and co-op events or just co-op.

If Co-op I would finally have to turn on my network mode :wink:

XDragon

2 Likes

Hopefully you can do them solo or at least some of them solo I need whatever rewards comes with them in the future.

1 Like

PS4 says there is an event going on right now. My daughter just went in and signed up for it…is this the live event or something else?

2 Likes

That event was started and has been going on since the NEXT update, if it is the same one on my PS4.

1 Like

@Sith921: I have added the category ‘No Man’s Sky’ to your topic.

The “weekly updates” are going to need to be bug patches for the forseeable future. Over 1000 comments on the weekly bug report megathread on Reddit, 300+ comments on the experimental thread on Steam forum, and tons on here. Frankly, I would be fine if they just squash all the bugs for awhile, because I’ve had quite a few myself.

3 Likes

Yea i can wait on the weekly event some of these bugs are really annoying dont get me wrong im still having fun just cant go much further because of bugs

4 Likes

Same here but the patch today did help me some.

2 Likes

I concur. My main save file is unplayable until the bugs are fixed, and I would like to play the weekly material with that account as well as my new save.

1 Like

I’m not sure…I looked at some of the so called multiplayer missions so far on the freighter bridge…not sure if they’re playable solo as i haven’t tried but some of them look insanely easy…like killing 10 monstrosities…that’s cake…I can kill 100 monstrosities by myself without breaking a sweat or being in any danger…they’re very easy to dodge and die very easily.

I can’t see any good reason why that wouldn’t be allowed to be played in single player.

1 Like

I agree Darth, I think the missions of the weekly events will have a difficulty that will make it better to do with other players, but they aren’t going to “require” us to be playling multiplayer. Meaning it won’t say “You didn’t do this with other players, no reward for you.”

3 Likes

I just went to my freighter and tested it…the multiplayer mission terminal was happy with me accepting, completing, and giving me the rewards all with network play disabled in the game options so not only was I alone but I could not possibly be joined by others. I went and took out three sentinel walkers for ~340 nanite clusters.

2 Likes

I’ll be happy to wait for the weekly community events if it means they can spend more time patching and fixing things.

This next patch on console seems to fix a majority of the progression issues for legacy saves and I can see that landing before the Weekend.

Looking forward to base building with my main save.

I’ve been using friends who know frigate fuel to send it to me so I can do frigate missions on my main save, and I’ve been joining their games with my new save to place objects they can’t learn due to lack of blueprint analyser.

It’s been kinda fun actually, the bugs have given us professions.

I’ll barter some base parts for your finest frigate fuel, good sir.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about having someone trade for the freighter fuel. Once someone maade a base computer for me , but I couldn’t place it even though it was in my inventory.

Where can I read more about the next patch?

Patch notes can be found here.

1 Like

They said the first weekly update and mission would come out about a week after NEXT.

Well, we’re a little over a week right now, but we have had, what, 2 or 3 patches in that period?

I wonder if they are putting those plans on hold until the bugs are mostly squashed, or if well be seeing an update in a day or two that begins the weekly cycle…

Or preferable maybe we’ll see it in a minute or two. :grin:

1 Like

Not Sure on timing,

But I can’t wait to see what the weekly missions are :wink:

XDragon

I was thinking, I’ve yet to see anyone mention how you change exocraft colour like we seen in trailer. Perhaps they will be some of the thinfs included in the weekly rewards for taking part, new colour skins for exocraft etc. I imagine the rewards we spend quicksilver on to be greatly cosmetic.

Id reckon they wanna make sure everyone has a super stable game before continuing with community events. Those things take time to arrange, plan and implement and id be much happier they spend that time on getting legacy saves up to par with new saves

1 Like