PS4 patch 1.56 at 5:20 am Pacific time

Downloading it now. Can’t find any info on what is in it.

Going to peek at it before I sleep.

Happy Traveling!

2 Likes

Maybe these are the missing fixes that supposedly already came with 1.55. There was a huge list of supposed fixes, but from several user reports, some were not actually present. See the Steam Experimental topic for more details.

3 Likes

Thanks DevilinPixy, will check out your link!

Happy Traveling!

1 Like

I keep hearing the farm times were resolved for ps4 users, back in line with the other platforms now. Anyone confirm?

1 Like

Can confirm, this IS the missing 1.55 stuff that was already listed in the 1.55 patch notes…just loaded up my main save(started Aug 9 2016) and for the first time since the launch of NEXT I have base computer archive missions.

6 Likes

Thanks for confirming @DarthTrethon :heart:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it, thanks Darth. This was all the info I could get on PS4 end of things. So it’s the missing stuff plus… This?

Fingers crossed this animation issue was the one giving people jetpack/melee boost woes.

4 Likes

No idea what the jetpack melee boost issue was as I almost never use it, but just now after reading your post I tried it 10 times and had no issued doing it at all…for someone who never uses the melee jetpack boost you’d think I’d have fluffed it at least a couple of times, especially if there was an issue…but I didn’t notice anything wrong.

2 Likes

I’d seen the complaint come mostly from people playing experimental patches between 1.54 and 1.56.

Maybe @sheralmyst can confirm if they’re still having problems with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you DarthTrethon! I wonder of my save was recovered but its ok because I’ve started over.

Happy Traveling!

1 Like

A friend of mine found the patch notes somehow and I made this video detailing them:

3 Likes

These patch notes are from Hello Games…they were actually listed in the 1.55 patch notes but weren’t actually included in the 1.55 version the PS4 got…they were the patch notes for an update they did to 1.55 while it was in experimental the day before it released on consoles and didn’t actually make it in for release. Here’s the source:

Latest changes on Experimental 09/08:

• Fixed an issue that prevented pre-NEXT saves from accessing the Base Computer Archive missions

• Fixed an issue where some non-existent base parts were showing in the Guide

• Fixed an issue that made melee boost jumping overly hard to do

• Made further adjustments to the farming timers. Note: plant timers have been on real-world rather than in-game time since the launch of NEXT, and these adjustments are in response to that.

2 Likes

Yes. The patch that was supposed to make melee boost easier actually took all the power out of the move. I used to be a melee boost Master. I used it a LOT. It now feels soft and launches me more upward rather than forward. Before this patch, I could sometimes pull of the new super melee boost. It would trigger if I ran towards a ridge, even a small one, instead of jumping at the top of the ridge, I would take one step off the other side into mid-air and then pull the move…it resulted in a fast, long distance jump. It was awesome but difficult to do. Now, melee boost results in a slow upward jump that quickly leaves my legs hanging straight down because the move quickly looses forward momentum…actually it really doesn’t have much forward momentum. I hope they fix it…:sob:

5 Likes

Yeah it must be a glitch resulting from some of these animation fixes and improvements they’ve been doing. I had no problem with animation glitches, I’d much rather have our melee boost back.

Love picking up the old platinum plants and getting a jetpack surge and just flying across the surface.

I’ve been preoccupied with extended family related things so haven’t had the chance to play since Friday but when I’ll do I’ll check the melee boost on console to see if its widespread now that 1.56 has brought us to the actual 1.55 PC users had.

3 Likes

I just checked, and the melee boost seems to have returned to normal.

5 Likes

Really we will get our lost saves back? Well I’m in Eissentam so I don’t want to mess my save there up at all. I want to stay there heh heh.

1 Like

Yeah’ I liked the old melee boost too. It’s clunky now. I hope when I sign on tonight it will be back and like it use to be. I use to fly around all over the place, and was dang good at it.

2 Likes

You guys know you can chain the melee boost right? If not, after your first melee boost, try and time another so that you are using the jet pack just as your feet hit surface - that builds momentum.

3 Likes

I have had no issues with the melee boost (PC) apart from when NEXT was first released. Ever since they fixed the initial insane boost, it has been working perfectly fine. However, I just got myself a new multitool which pretty much ruins the melee boost. There have been many reports of this ‘feature’ being broken with ‘RIFLES’. I should have known to wait for this to be fixed, as my new multitool is of course … a frikkin rifle. Now I am annoyed, because I just can’t do melee boost like I used to anymore :cry:

3 Likes

Weird… I had a rifle for a long time now, never noticed any issues with the melee boost…

1 Like