PS 4 1.57 patch downloading now 5:11 am Arizona time

For your information. 2.501 gig download.

Good night Travelers.

4 Likes

My 1.57 patch downloaded around 2 hours ago on Eastern time. My legacy save still cannot save progress.

2 Likes

That was 2.5 gigs? Wow…I didn’t see the download until it was already installing after it finished downloading.

1 Like

Did you attach or link your save files in bug reports to Hello Games?

1 Like

For some reason mine appears to have stalled. It’s not moving.
Dang lol I have to go to bed.

How you doing DartTrethon,

While I love starting over and working hard to get money and resources. I would give my right arm to be able to do creative mode in Eissentam lol. I don’t relax anymore because sentinals drive me nuts :smiley: But Eissentam is beautiful.

1 Like

The download started back up, and its only got 4 minutes left. Whew.

1 Like

I’m doing great. Sadly I can’t help bring creative saves to Eissentam…I have like 15 hours total in my creative mode save, I’ve done nothing there except test some base builds before doing them for real in my normal save and I used it to participate in a Waking Titan ARG in-game event that required a Euclid galaxy save. It’s just not fun to me play like that…everything feels empty and pointless to me in creative.

1 Like

Testing out my most common crash issues. Game no longer crashes every time I enter my freighter bridge. Game still crashes every time I move about my big base. So…50% solved and I’m down to only 20 crashes per session :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh that’s ok DarthTrethon,

I’m grateful for your help to bring me to Eissentam. It’s all good :smiley:
You’re right that things are kind of pointless in creative. I’m proud of my accomplishments in Normal mode.
I’m trying hard to make money so that I can get all my exotic ships back, and get frigates. Honestly the only thing I really miss are my s class ships, and building gigantic bases in funky places.
I hope I will be able to do that in normal. I’m enjoying the artemis story and the other stories too. :smiley:
I go around on the planets and collect 30 or more of those buried tech things, and make a crapload of money. I made 7 million tonight. I suck really bad at killing sentinals, and the sentinel dog kills me. I don’t know how it will be possible to ever get a walker brain. I have to get one for one of my ship blueprints. I have to figure out the weapon for that. I think I’m too much of a noob for those sentinals. lol

1 Like

The best way to make money is to focus on factories and manufacturing centers until you have all product recipes and then you can spend several hours accumulating the ingredients and crafting 15.6 mil items…a stack of five is 78 mil…10 are 156 mil, etc.

1 Like

You get recipies from those places? I had no idea. Ive never seen a factory. I have to get stronger because my multi tool takes way too long to try to burn open one of those doors before the dog sentinels klll me lol.
Thanks for the info. My God if I could make that much money, I can get all my ships back! Woot!

On that note, goodnight and have a great morning! I have to get up for work in 5 hours lol
That’s why my spelling sucks right now :smiley:

Good night all!

1 Like

If you see a building you can’t enter without blowing its door up…that’s either a factory or a manufacturing center…you don’t always get a product recipe but you get one about 70% of the time and you can’t find the same recipe twice…once you have it you have it. The sentinels will go hostile…ignore them and just bust down the door and get inside as soon as you can. But you can only get a recipe if you answer a question correctly.

1 Like

Aw ok so that’s what I’m doing wrong. Also so I use my mining beam to take those doors out? Mine is so slow at the moment. Now I’m excited to get these recipes DarthTrethon. Thank you! :smiley:

Now I’m really going to sleep lol

1 Like

Nonononono…NEVER use the mining beam…I suggest either the boltcaster or the plasma launcher…but CAREFUL with the plasma launcher…if you hit anything too close to you and the plasma grenade goes off next you, you die on the spot…VERY powerful and takes down factory doors fast but if not careful will also kill you.

1 Like

Oh dang I don’t even have a plasma launcher. I kept reading on the forums that the best thing to kill sentinels was the mining beam. I figured that was what I need to use for the doors too. No wonder I’m derping so bad.
I named my first base Derp1 and my first ship Derp2.
I have a nicer ship I got free from a crashed ship site, and a nicer multi tool one of the aliens gave me, with 24 slots.
I’ll get a boltcaster and a plasma launcher tonight hopefully.
Thank you again :smiley:
And I’ll try not to stand too close when I take down the doors.

1 Like

Look at the date of those posts…probably outdated info…the mining beam with the right upgrades was all you ever needed for combat and factory doors and everything before 1.5…no more. All the mining beam is good for now is just and ONLY mining. The mining beam is pretty much useless for combat now.

1 Like

Patch is out on the Xbox as well - it’s 5.85gb though! Way bigger than the other platform patches.

1 Like

Suggesting that the Xbox version has a lot more of its resources compiled into the executable for some reason. Might be related to Xbox architecture.

1 Like

@Nightazure: You can easily blow out the doors with your ship. Might feel a bit cheaty, but it works perfectly fine if you wish to not get involved with sentinels. Once the door is gone, circle around the building until the search timer is gone and you can safely land to collect your reward.

Also worth to note is the fact there is a difference in Manufacturing and Factory. Manufacturing has a higher chance on a good product recipe reward compared to a Factory. Manufacturing Facilities are larger, like 3 buildings in an L-shape. I would still suggest to get both though.

Also make sure to not install the ‘Ricochet’ upgrade for your Boltcaster if you wish to blow out the doors yourself. This upgrade is currently bugged when it comes to facility doors, causing it to have no effect at all. Works fine for anything else though.

1 Like

So far so good but sentinel ships still chase me in space endlessly :frowning: also I can buy freighters again, they no longer act like I already own the ship :slight_smile:

2 Likes