Weekend Event

Yes. I did have that happen. A reload was the only way to stop it. I tried all manner of moving slightly to dislodge that cycle.

4 Likes

Yes, there is a no build zone near bases now to keep people from messing them up.

4 Likes

This Weekend’s event

5 Likes

Are the quality of life improvements and polishings included as a part of the weekend event?

2 Likes

These are planned for an upcoming update, which does not come with this weekend’s event but some time soon.

3 Likes

So… Anything new this weekend?

2 Likes
7 Likes

So, on the one hand we have noble goals - liberté, egalité, fraternité. On the other we have the evils of racism, bigotry, and extremism.

But how are we to sway the balance? By acts of kindness and goodwill? No. By reason, justice, and patient persuasion? No, not that, either.

In this case, the way we restore the cosmic balance is by killing cats, and collecting their livers.

Look, nobody said the universe had to make sense

11 Likes

Gah! I went early today and I missed htat!

Thanks for posting. People in the community are just getting so awesome with these building projects! <3 :heart: <3

EDit:
But…
NINETY &*@$@%! Livers!
Outrageous!
(Glad I had some stashed away.)

I hope some folks found the Nutrient Processor I left there helpful.

5 Likes

I have not participated yet. Who built the base? The last 2 times it was the same person.
And whomever it is, they must be able to do this quickly.

6 Likes

It could be they are using that mod plugin for Blender. I was thinking of checking that out myself.

5 Likes

As I understand it, these are featured bases. For a long time now, people have been building and showcasing ever more complex and technically difficult bases.

If the bases have been uploaded, Hello Games are able to copy them to the location of their choice.

That seems to be the way the current quest system works - the game chooses a task, finds a planet with the necessary resources, creates the quest location (a code alteration of an existing feature), then creates a nearby copy of a “featured” base.

So I think the bases are not necessarily built quickly. They’re copies of bases that already exist somewhere else.

6 Likes

Thanks, glad I read this and took from my collection to speed it up.

Plus the quality of player has dropped, on my server (pc), players had purposefully used terrain manipulator to dig out as you exited the portal, and then also dug out under the grave marker making it very difficult to access it.
And all the terrain edits meant alot of falling through the surface.

Don’t think these “community” events are really achieving anything…

6 Likes

PS4 Normal event planet
Upside down base near portal

Base near glyph with helpful teleport

Tier 3 unlocked on ps4

8 Likes

To answer my own question, which I asked above, Yes, all of these bases that appear next to the Weekend Event waypoints, are created by Bizarro. So the same person seems to be building these amazing structures.

8 Likes

She sure makes some great works of art!

6 Likes

That is a great structure again.

This time I decided I’d login with multiplayer to check out the bases and then do it single player with no network to remove the slow fps, but in the end I stayed in multiplayer because non of the bases were performance hindrances. Initially I had low graphics for bases so couldn’t see the statue, but then turned it up to high and watched as the statue slowly drew itself.

I even saw sheralmyst standing around taking the above photos. I’m in VR so no photo mode.

5 Likes

I’m a bit irritated that Hello Games has not implemented some sort of way to lessen the ability to grief others or added punishment for griefers. It really takes away from the game!

7 Likes

Did you watch me searching for like forever looking for predators? I finally had to fly away to a different area. :grin:

4 Likes

I found 3 at once at an outpost. While I was trying to rename it. Which is impossible in VR without flailing around trying to find my keyboard. So I died. I found the best way to get the predators was just to keep walking and exploring and they come to you.

4 Likes