Weekend Event

Nope… me neither.
:warning: Spoiler Alert

Just the same knowledge stone chat, a portal trip, followed by some box collecting & a tit-bit of interest in the Boundary Failures.
Can’t read much into it, as the previous mission sent us to a wreck & the regular QS missions send you to all sorts of similar things so it might not mean anything…
I do hope we learn more about the Boundary Failures as they’ve intrigued me for ages…

7 Likes

Welp, that was a let down… when I hear “story missions”, I sure don’t expect the same mission over and over just in a different location. I kept hoping that there would at least be some kind of twist at the end, but nah. It’s even the same text. I sure hope they’ll ramp it up soon, because I’m not going to do this mission a third time, much less a fourth…

3 Likes

I am hoping this is leading to something bigger. And what exactly are we sacrificing to? How is that closing the breach?
Like @Mad-Hatter, I am glad to see a boundary ring involved.
I did not get sent to the same place as last week for the weekend event. The community mission sends me to the same places over and over again. I also noticed that the community event progress bar went back to Tier 1…

4 Likes

Just realised that I did a typo up there, of course the place was different than last week. Otherwise I’d just have assumed it was a bug… But other than the locations, it was the exact same mission, even down to the texts. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s always nice to have an excuse to spend some time on an extreme planet riddled with predators searching for something, but they could at least have switched things on the actual target planet around a bit. The most interesting thing of the entire event was a nice base that someone had built (rare enough in GoG survival, so well done Hans Solo).

3 Likes

So, I had it happen again with Permadeath and Survival modes. The kill count to achieve was 7 in each case. It occurred when approaching the boundary failure. (Permadeath with my secondary save did not encounter it.)

There was a member of the spacing guild that mentioned a few players encountering this in normal mode. However, she has yet to encounter it herself.

3 Likes

What did it ask you to kill? It sounds like the monstrosities quest from the QS mission…

3 Likes

Sorry…this was a continuation of what I had described earlier in this thread about monstrosities attacking during the weekend events.

To summarize:

• I have completed 10 weekend community events in total.
  • In 3 of these, there was a point where I had to kill a number of monstrosities before I could continue with the quest objectives.
  • In all 3 cases, I was in a team with KnightAlese. (And one of them had a bystander player that was caught up in the attack that arrived at the boundary failure around the same time as us.)
  • This has occurred twice in permadeath and once in survival.
  • There are rumors that this has also occurred with players in normal mode.
  • All 3 have occurred with my main (day 1) account and not my secondary (NEXT) account.
4 Likes

While it hasn’t happened directly to me, I can confirm witnessing the portal monstrosities. When returning to the portal after last weekend’s quest, I started hearing weapon fire. When I got closer I saw another player finishing off several of those beasties. I’m playing on normal with my Next-started save, and did this weekend’s mission solo (though like I said, I was just a witness).

4 Likes

Bad karma, :grin: Maybe this is a random thing? Or is it a bug? No idea.

3 Likes

Weekend Event No 3 - A Dark Maw
Same as usual. Nice stormy planet with giant shrooms.

5 Likes

Thanks, that’s all I needed to know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ps4 Normal weekend event planet

4 Likes

I noticed today that the event title changed after a few minutes. (I didn’t want a defense chip so I waited for it to change the reward).

First Offer:

Second offer:

I’m wondering if all of these “story” events are interchangeable.

Also it took me a long time to find the items required and became rather tedious. I think I will stick to doing them at noon on Fridays before everything is picked over .:upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I found the pulpy root to be slim pickin’. Flew to another section of the planet to gather.
Interesting that the name changes since we are all sent to the same place.

6 Likes

I had two stacks of three other food plants before I had the 60 (60?!) required pulpy roots.

I assumed that was because they are “shared” (which in programming I am told means that they are not shared: only one player gets to take it) :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

After spending almost 2 hours hunting the community planet for pulpy roots with the first game save, I started precollecting them from lush planets before going through he portal. I just didn’t have another 8 hours I wanted to spend hunting them. Even so, it took around 30 minutes per save with the lush planets to gather enough.

Also, I wanted to report that KnightAlese and I were attacked again while in multiplayer. It again occurred with the same 2 save accounts and modes (Permadeath and Survival Modes). Unfortunately, there was a bug during the survival mode where we were still collecting roots for the common count but we were in different lobbies. I could not transfer the roots I had nor help with the horrors that attacked.

4 Likes

Can the damage to players be turned off in settings?
On PC, I found a comm at the destination point which I found to be hateful. My "Leader " senses kicked in and I wanted to flag it, :smile: but, of course, that is not possible so I covered it with my TM. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Yes. You can turn off damage to other players in your network settings (at least on PS4).

Also if it works the same way across platforms, you should be able to flag comms for moderation by interacting with them and then choosing the “Report” option.

3 Likes

On PC there is no “Report” option for Comms… I started a thread about that in “bugs and issues”.

Perhaps the Report function is only missing during events?

I tried to place my Nutrient Processor at the terminal to get out any pulpy roots in it, and I got the message that I was in a “No Build Zone”, I think it said.

4 Likes

Are you the person who had the issue of getting in a loop in the portal? I had the same issue once and it almost happened again this weekend. Yet this time after travelling through the portal i ended at the back of my ship and not bouncing off of it and returning through the portal. Close, but it didn’t happen again.

3 Likes