Weekend Event

This panel with symbols on it is near only one landing pad. It rotates too. Amd roght next to it is one of those symbols from the scrap machines that can be mined from the ground.

And roght next to that on the wall off the side of the landing pad is an animated image of what appears to resemble the landing pads with only one red. The red one seems to resemble the one that has the decorative piece. Is this new? Or have i just never noticed it?

6 Likes

Landing pad photo.

7 Likes

The 2 Nanite givers have been there. The panels with the unknown markings are now glitching. This may or may not be related to the new story we are uncovering.

6 Likes

Hmmm :thinking:
I didn’t notice these…
Interesting… :male_detective:

4 Likes

This is the glitching panel that some have noticed. I am not sure it wasn’t already that way. However, I have noticed these spills showing up. I know the larger one was already there but, I am unsure of when it appeared.

The panel already had the little drone spinning around it so it makes sense that it is under repair and so may have been glitchy all along.

6 Likes

I got a strange loop trying the first weekend community mission. After travelling through the first portal it shows destination for a sec, then back to travelling through the portal and its a continious loop.

5 Likes

I think I got that briefly as well. I went back through the portal then realized I shouldn’t have. After going through, you are looking for an underwater waypoint.
Steps for weekend event:

Visit 3 knowledge stones.
Go through the portal.
Travel to underwater waypoint.
Interact with distress beacon.
Gather 12 Living Pearls.
Interact with distress beacon.
Travel,back through portal.

Did I miss anything?
I was a bit confused when instructed to give items to another traveller. There were several others there, but I did not need to give anyone anything. (although I did, to help one person out)

5 Likes

In Permadeath Mode (or maybe randomly) you can be attacked by biological horrors after going through the portal. It is possible for there to be a roaming abyssal horror (angler fish) at the sunken freighter (I encountered this in normal mode).

4 Likes

The discovery of this easter egg makes me feel like we are playing an ARG again, with clues hiding in plain sight.

6 Likes

Hmm, Ill have to try again. Glad you blur the spoiler. “No, don’t tell me, let it be a surprise.”

2 Likes

6 Likes

Ok. We can lay this theory to rest. Still, the unknown glyphs and the red flashing light on the panel and on the calcishrooms is very interesting. How do they tie together?

6 Likes

My guess would be innocent texture re-use… :smile:

5 Likes

Ah. So it had been there the entire time. Guess I just never looked at that particular corner of the Nexus. Interesting touch though.

3 Likes

Quite possible but still, they could use it to their advantage. I keep hoping.

5 Likes

Summary of First Weekend Event.
:warning: Caution: Spoilers.

Summary

There were a few variations in the text from the knowledge stones. Here’s some samples.

Portal and Wrecksite.

Conclusion:

8 Likes

KnightAlese and I encountered the phenomenon that @MacForADay described with multiplayer in Permadeath mode.

We played in other modes and even multiplayer in permadeath again with our secondary accounts and could not get this to happen again, which leads me to believe it is random or a bug with the mission series for things to come. :thinking:

A more detailed description:

As soon as we exited the portal , but before the signal to the aquatic freighter wreck appeared, we had to achieve a kill count (24 if I remember correctly) against biological horrors. They erupted around both of us immediately, which I found to be a very tense (permadeath) and enjoyable surprise.

7 Likes

Weekend Event 2 is LIVE :smiley:

9 Likes

I wonder if I will get jumped by horrors again…

4 Likes

I was hoping to, no such luck

3 Likes