Waking Titan is returning! / Investigation

One of the best cartoons, ever. Log forever.

2 Likes

Its like a fly marrying a bumble beeā€¦

I donā€™t know anything about cartoons. I didnā€™t even know what Danny Phantom was. (My friends all yell at me when they hear that one)

1 Like

Ren and Stimpy is the cartoon we were referencing.

2 Likes

Ren & Stimpy were the forefather cartoon to all the other silliness-overload style cartoons, Spongebob among several others.
It must have been 20-25 years ago that it first arrived. Like all things; the idea caught on & it became a common style but the followers never quite matched up to the original.
Just about the same time, I found myself off adventuring and TV became an occasional thing so I never saw much.

5 Likes

1991/92 ā€¦ I remember it well. Loved that show!

2 Likes

What date was the most recent New York live drop?

January 20th.

3 Likes

I would like to know that too, - cause i would really like ā€œmineā€, and be sure that it is in the post (right now)

Glyph10 SOLVED.

Just read through 300+post, to read up.
Did I miss it, or was it not mentioned here:

REM SLEEP, for glyhp 10

This topic discusses and investigates the return of the ARG in general. For a full run-down and discussion of all the events that started with the STATUS command changes, followed by the Live Drop, and the solution to the 10th glyph, see this topic.

I realized that (all?) portals are called, ā€œ______ Restless Sleepā€ Like this one called, ā€œSmellā€™s Restless Sleepā€

Hereā€™s another one from the nms wiki: Igator's Restless Sleep - No Man's Sky Wiki

At the last livedrop ā€œAfter some cryptic conversation, the contact asked if they were, 'getting enough sleepā€ā€™ stating that being well-rested would be very important.

Could be just a insubstantial reference but can anyone think anything of it?

Apologies if this is old info. : )

Edit: Seems that only some portals have this label. See NMS wiki portal list: Category:Portal - No Man's Sky Wiki

2 Likes

Portals share the same naming convention as Monoliths and Plaques. I believe all portals are actually named accordingly, although I could be wrong.

I will list them all below, although they can be found in the NMS Lore & More topic. To be precise the following two links (look for PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH):

Portal/Monolith/Plaque names (SPOILER!)
File ID Value (text)
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_1 Ashes of the %PROCNAME%
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_2 Legacy of %PROCNAME%
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_3 %PROCNAME% Landmark
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_4 Memories of %PROCNAME%
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_5 Remnants of %PROCNAME%
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_6 The %PROCNAME% Fragment
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_7 Ruins of %PROCNAME%
NMS_LOC1 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_8 Tribute to %PROCNAME%
NMS_UPDATE3 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_9 Visitation of %PROCNAME%
NMS_UPDATE3 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_10 Pillars of %PROCNAME%
NMS_UPDATE3 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_11 %PROCNAME%'s Destination
NMS_UPDATE3 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_12 %PROCNAME%'s Restless Sleep
NMS_UPDATE3 PROC_FLAVOUR_MONOLITH_13 Dreams of %PROCNAME%
5 Likes

So if Iā€™m reading this correctly, the Restless Sleep tag isnā€™t unique to portals?

I added an edit to my first post, judging from the wiki link only a few portals have this tag.

2 Likes

You are correct, the naming convention is not unique to portals.

Also keep in mind, that the images on the Wiki, do not always show this specific naming convention, even though they do have it. Other images do have the naming shown, but in another language than English.

Edit: The following will show the naming:

• Interaction popup for the Portal terminal
  • Portal charging screen (top right)
  • Portal option window after being charged (bottom left)

Some images on the Wiki may be confusing as they show a Communication Station message instead.

5 Likes

I donā€™t mean to sound like I want them to rush or anything but itā€™s been forever since the last ARG thing.

1 Like

Yes, but Iā€™d rather they took their time and got it right. The ARG is ā€œrestingā€ while Hello Games likely takes a bit more time completing the update. The update probably comes out shortly after the ARG finishes, so NMS delay affects ARG timingā€¦

4 Likes

I get it and I donā€™t mean to complain its just I hate waiting :relieved:

4 Likes

Perhaps it should be renamed Waiting Titan :grin:

12 Likes

Funny enough, when I first started to read about this on reddit, I tought that it was called waiting titan, untill someone corrected me on a post XD

5 Likes