THREAD DERAILED BY HUMPHREY DUNPHY O̶L̶D̶ ̶G̶O̶D̶S̶ ̶-̶ ̶C̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶N̶O̶W̶!̶

NOW. DO IT. JUST DO IT.

So sad! But happy. You’ll see why.

NEXT STEP

FULL TRANSCRIPT:

Hello, Citizen Scientist ,

Thank you for your contributions to Waking Titan. The developments that took place during Phase 3 were somewhat concerning, but together we have set in motion truly world-shaping events. We will continue to inform the Citizen Science Division of privileged information or any need for collaborators on a new project.

But we do have a few loose ends to tie up with you before we move on, so let’s proceed.

First, we’re pleased to announce that all 10,000 Level 4 Atlas Passes are in production. Note that due to transit times for mail, some may take several weeks to be delivered.

Next, our CEO Elizabeth Leighton has asked us to include a personal note of gratitude:

"Thank you for all your diligent efforts, Citizen Scientists. It’s been an amazing journey for all of us. I’ve watched you thrive and achieve from those first Phase 1 radio ads all the way through the intensity of Phase 3. I’ve been impressed at every turn by how brilliant you’ve been, how voracious, how kind, how thoughtful.

It’s been an honor and a privilege. On behalf of the Atlas Foundation, and on behalf of the world, thank you."

The Mercury subroutine has concluded successfully, and a new memo from SM about this process is coming in the next 24 hours. We hope it will answer a few key questions you have about our program, and about what comes next.

9 Likes

There’s still a lot more to go!

1 Like

Waking titan is …Over

Hello, Citizen Scientist [ ],

Thank you for your contributions to Waking Titan. The developments that took place during Phase 3 were somewhat concerning, but together we have set in motion truly world-shaping events. We will continue to inform the Citizen Science Division of privileged information or any need for collaborators on a new project.

But we do have a few loose ends to tie up with you before we move on, so let’s proceed.

First, we’re pleased to announce that all 10,000 Level 4 Atlas Passes are in production. Note that due to transit times for mail, some may take several weeks to be delivered.

Next, our CEO Elizabeth Leighton has asked us to include a personal note of gratitude:

"Thank you for all your diligent efforts, Citizen Scientists. It’s been an amazing journey for all of us. I’ve watched you thrive and achieve from those first Phase 1 radio ads all the way through the intensity of Phase 3. I’ve been impressed at every turn by how brilliant you’ve been, how voracious, how kind, how thoughtful.

It’s been an honor and a privilege. On behalf of the Atlas Foundation, and on behalf of the world, thank you."

The Mercury subroutine has concluded successfully, and a new memo from SM about this process is coming in the next 24 hours. We hope it will answer a few key questions you have about our program, and about what comes next.

2 Likes

“World shaping events”…so exciting!!!

1 Like

One path ends, but the journey continues!

4 Likes

Exciting! Can’t wait to see the details about what’s coming!

Possibly literally? (as in procedural generation of worlds)

1 Like

Oh yeah!!! Let’s hope so… :wink:

The road goes forever on

1 Like

Perhaps the rest of the glyphs and such will be things we find in-game?

That is great :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. The last pdf from JJ Wong to DuBois really felt like the start of a new glyph trail to me, but then it all just ended right then.
@SlowRiot4NuZero thanks for posting the transcript; i read mine and it felt like a ‘your services will no longer be needed’ letter! I guess Im glad everyone got the same email instead of just the ‘slackers’ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe. Me @MacForADay have been discussing the possibility for a while.

1 Like

Looks like you guys were right. They don;t give us enough hearts to share in the day with ll thats going on, so just imagibe you have them

5 Likes

Phase 2 and 3 felt rushed and unorthodox, like two halves of a phase compacted together. For sure SM will announce a phase 4 tomorrow…

1 Like

Oh, man… Watched s03e03 of R&M before going to bed! And I get this! Mindblown!

Can’t wait…

I was DEEP into the Myst series (even learned to read and write D’ni) It was set to be a perpetual game that could be added to for some time to come. It was too far ahead of its time and collapsed. I could see NMS becoming something like that…that would be awesome!

5 Likes

I can’t believe it’s over. This weekend felt like a grand finale to me, sure, but still… it’s really over. At least we’ve still got a memo waiting for us.

If any of our puppet-masters are still hanging around here (even you @oldgods), thank you. This has been a tremendous experience and one that I will never forget. Same goes to all of you ETARC-ians! Live long and prosper, my friends :vulcan_salute:.

9 Likes

it has been a blast but I’m if possible I will keep using this forum until its shut down or something

I just really hope they leave ETARC up for us to use. I love all of you and have really enjoyed talking and theorizing with you.

Emily is still out there; we should never end our vigil for our digital angel!

2 Likes