V1.38 Bug reporting

Delivery missions. If you have multiple you only need to do one to clear them all and qualify for rewards, and any surplus goods remain in your inventory.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? When I returned to my base it was gone. I can teleport to it but itā€™s bugged.

From the screenshot, it looks like the base is underground. This happened quite a lot with the Atlas Rises expansion. The patch notes for the upcoming 1.33 patch claim to fix it though, so if you are on steam you could try the experimental build if you donā€™t want to wait for the patch itself to go live.
The relevant line from the patch notes is as follows:

Fixed issue where upgrading from a previous save would cause player bases to be floating or underground

So while this is indeed a bug, it is being worked on, and if youā€™re using steam, you can also work around it by using the experimental branch. (Or of course relocate the base, but not everyone considers that acceptable.)

Iā€™m on PS4. I donā€™t plan on staying frozen so Iā€™ll just move it. Maybe just teleport around the problem for now. Good to hear theyā€™re working on it though.

If itā€™s at the same speed as the previous patch, you can expect this one in ~1 week. So if youā€™re good with just using the teleporter, thatā€™s ok. Alternately, you could try to use the terrain manipulator when standing on top of your base to uncover it.

1.3.2 PC/Steam: Game crashed to desktop on entering the portal to return to my base. First time that happened to me. Kinda scared to log back in, nowā€¦ lol

It had been a week since I played on normal mode, but today I logged in and found that my bugged farmer was working. I spent a number of happy hours fixing him up with plants and generally driving around my now toxic radioactive planet. I did a save before I went through to the station, but did not save before I tried to return to habitat.

Sold stuff while there, beads, korvax cubes, daggers, grav balls (from pre-1.3 farm plants) and purchased a sigma fauna upgrade. Stepped into the swirly vortex andā€¦ desktop.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have not restarted. this is the updated old save pre-1.3

Usually, there is nothing much to be scared of after a crash, except ofc losing the last progress you made since saving (in your case, likely selling stuff).
As for the version, I assume you are referring to 1.32 (the current version on steam).

That being said, be sure also report it here: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new as crashes like this really need to be rooted out. (Though they might be quite tricky to find.)

1 Like

Yes. As I said above. You are correct. Thanks for the link.

EDIT:
@Shota Sorry, I didnā€™t understand that you were pointing out a consistent typo. It took me days to realise it. lol Thanks for pointing it out. :blush: Fixed now.

1 Like

How much cave marrow does the scientist need to give me the blueprint? I have over 200 but I keep getting dismissed. Probably a bug but I thought it was fixed. Maybe not yet on PS4?

Nevermind, itā€™s not a bug. I didnā€™t realize that you have to have the proper task/mission selected. I wouldnā€™t think it would be necessary.

2 Likes

Have they fixed the question mark problem on the check points, they donā€™t go away once you do a save, you end up going around circles doing the say thing over again, thatā€™s one bug that really pissed me off with this game.

What Toddumptious said. I had maxed Phase/lasers on my scout ship and got so little in return it was easier and more effective to land, mine, then take off again. Seems Platinum pops more regularly than before (at least on Normal) that the cost to take off is easier, and less expensive in terms of resources, than using my ship armaments from the air.

That hasnā€™t fixed it for me yet, Iā€™m getting a little bit desperate now :anguished:

As far as I know this is still within the game and maybe even worse than it was between 1.0 and 1.2. I find best thing to do in those situations where youā€™re been sent to the same place is boost up into atmos, fly to another quadrant of the planet and start over again.

My biggest pet peeve right now is the buggy marking system. Ya know those white markers that pop up when you scan a location? They donā€™t disappear and sometimes thigns just start randomly marking themselves for no good reason as you fly around leaving you with a navigation bar full of big white dots covering up monolith markings etc you may have gotten elsewhere.

Do remember that this is just for reporting and discussing bugs within ETARC, though Iā€™m sure HG do read these posts from time to time, your best bet is to leave a detailed report on the bug at their zendesk

https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

4 Likes

On the scanning issue, my ships seems to have terrible scanning after the 1.3, 1.31, and 1.32 upgrades. I get things showing up 1/4 way round the planet, but nothing close by and by the time I get to the area where I think the ? was, itā€™s gone, and now items show up 40 minutes away again.

I thought maybe my ships needed scan technology upgrades, but even the new ones Iā€™ve traded up to post 1.32 upgrade donā€™t have any crafting options in the ship ā€œinstall technologyā€ scan section.

Anyone else having this issue, is there a fix Iā€™m not aware of?

2 Likes

My housemate has this issue too, I get it from time to time as well. Whereas getting out and walking will have dozens pop up within 1min 2min walking distance. Fortunately with low flight its easy to zip around and notice things now, but scanning for Qā€™s from your ship doesnt seem feasible with this present. However I canā€™t seem to tell whether it is a bug, or its just happening on planets with low planet density and the ship only scans for specific things now?

Some other tricks for finding things like trading posts and shelters, follow the ship trails from space to where they lead to on a planet, always leads to a trading post, or if you see some ships flying overhead on a planet, following them can lead you to a shelter with landing pad/shop etc.

It seems as though the ships scanning for locations in atmos is behaving like youā€™re scanning in low orbit and marking them thusly.

1 Like

I thought this might be a new feature as I find it easier to find buildings

Yes I find this annoying too!!

2 Likes

The markers that are ~40 min off from your current location all appear to be trading posts, which makes sense, coz the density of those is quite low. Iā€™ve traced an odd 3 so far, so technically itā€™s not enough for complete proof, but Iā€™ll still bet theyā€™re all trading posts. :slight_smile:

But indeed, it seems like the ā€œnearbyā€ question marks are not showing up in flight mode for whatever reason.

4 Likes

Has anyone experienced a bug with the zoology milestone? Iā€™ve cleared 4 planets and havenā€™t been granted credit for them.