Update 1.38 - Live - Bug Reporting/Discussion

Are you aware that they cannot be built inside the limits of your base? You have to walk outside the limit before the option becomes visible in the HUD. Took me a while to get that one. Not sure if it helps.

4 Likes

Also, often when they give you multiple recipes, the game will only show one or two but there’ll be more available. The gas harvesters are not something you build in your inventory but are tech pieces like the beacons and mining units.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Sometimes, in spite of how much I love this game, it drives me CRAZY! (not that it’s a long drive…)

Thank you very much for setting me straight! My current planet is so toxic I rarely get out of my habitat or vehicle, so when I couldn’t even see it in the tech display… Grah!

:blush::blush::blush:

Thank you, too, to @Wickerson for responding as well.

2 Likes

Get the save - game editor, you can manually add to the list of known technologies, subtract them… Add glyphs or anything you can think of.
https://nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-save-editor/

2 Likes

As someone who discovered quite by accident only a few weeks ago, that I can indeed open a page in a new tab after all on the iPad I’ve been using for the last five years, I suppose it’s no surprise that I hadn’t realised about gas harvesters or autonomous mining units either, until just reading this thread! So multiple thanks from me as well.

Small things I noticed tonight: first, the re-appearance of my vehicle showing through the warp rays when teleporting from my homebase, as being on the other side of the wall there, something that was previously fixed. Also I’m guessing tweaks on the planters are in progress, since as of this evening the latest change is that although they now behave uniformly, they remain blue once charge has depleted which a couple of others have had happening for a while. I’ll check it again tomorrow then send a report if it’s the same.

2 Likes

Glad to see you figured out your gas harvesting conundrum. I was gonna suggest you can get gases from flora in the game if you scan it first though that is a very long and roundabout way of doing it, though i’ve yet to build gas harvesters so not sure which method is quicker or if theres any way to know what sort of gas you’re going to be harvesting.

3 Likes

Yes - secondary elements in plants or sometimes you can buy quantities from traders at trading posts. I’ve had to resort to this since Atmosphere Harvesters simply stopped working for me.

2 Likes

So harvesting from plants might still be the way to go after all then, at least until it gets fixed assuming it’s a bug they are aware of. I must just be fortunate on my home planet with the variety of flora, as I haven’t found it a long and roundabout way at all myself, as suggested above. To the contrary when off mining for carbon for its various uses (or just doing that along the way while hunting for T9 and gathering Zinc, a part of the game I’ve always just really liked) I’ve then had to assign container slots for 3 types of gases gathered secondarily while doing so, being more than necessarily needed at the time and has really added up. I’ll try building a harvester later though and see what happens, before submitting report of other things. Info appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks.

Harvesting gases from flora, etc fills up your inventory with the main resource pretty quickly, I have trees (?)/mushrooms here that give Sulpherine along with copious amounts of carbon. Also some cactussy-looking plants that give carbon/coprite.

But the harvester gives a stack of 250 Nitrogen per hour-ish (haven’t timed it). It uses up all of its fuel by then (Isotopes). My planet is fairly thick with clouds of toxicity. Apparently the timing of the yield depends on where on the planet you place it, too. I put mine in a bit of a dip in the ground. I notice that it attracts the local wildlife as well :grin:

Hot/dry planets yield Sulphurine, Radioactive planets yield Radon, and Lush Green, Rainy and/or Toxic (mine) planets yield Nitrogen.

Now all I need is a couple more blueprints so I can make that 18mil u piece of tech to sell.

3 Likes

Ah, thank you! I was looking for that. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Started a new game when 1.3 was first released. Put a lot of hours into that. When 1.37 came out the home base hydroponic tray problem was still there. When I switched back to the experimental build my home disappeared from existence. So with the new save system I figured that was as good enough an excuse to start a new game. I was having a problem with the hydroponic trays in my homebase, they couldn’t be recharged as the game didn’t recognize them as hydroponic trays.

As I no longer have the original home base I don’t know if they’ve fixed this in the current beta (Maybe deleting my base was the fix for it, I don’t know). Figured I’d post this just in case others are still running into this.

2 Likes

This is interesting…my multi-gas planet as while always having been lush and leafy, prior to 1.37 was mostly mild (usually around 7 or so degrees) but with the occasional ‘icy but dryish’ storm thrown in, was never hot. Post 1.37 though those storms are not only slightly more frequent but now also have switched from being cold to instead being heavy toxic rain instead of cold, still just mild in between. I have always though, been gathering both Sulphurine and Nitrogen, both before and after…never occurred to me that maybe that’s an error but who knows, maybe it is… :umbrella:

2 Likes

I’ve often wonder if we the travellers carry a mathematical seed that changes some aspect of worlds we discover. Like the guys that find diplos, I haven’t found one, two galaxies in.

3 Likes

I will retire now to my freighter.
Waiting.
Hoping.
HG will fix issues with the game.
NO balancing, NO realism, NO tweaking.

But I fill I may be retired a long long long time waiting for what may never ever come.
:frowning_face:

3 Likes

New bug. Cross-Mode Monument Crash Causer.

During meet and greet at base, 2 player made a monument possibly too close to a com-station. Also was fairly close to a complex base.
The visiting player was on Survival mode and the base player on Normal.
As soon as the monument was created, the Normal mode players game glitched and could only be played offline or it would crash repeatedly.
Noted that monument yeilded same ‘greeting’ as nearby com-station. Com station was no longer accessible by player. Some sort of cross over glitch…
Other visiting players including a second also on Normal were not effected.
Solution was to abandon base. Returning to within sight of monument caused massive frame drop and likely crash to original base owner. Caution advised.
Reported to HG.

5 Likes

I’d just like to add to madhatters encounter that the normal player (@LordMarkov) was also unable to see the players base, this visit taking place after I (the survival player) gummed up the works!

4 Likes

I just had this screen come up. No idea why. It disappeared with a right mouse click.

3 Likes

Uranium???
When did that arrive???

2 Likes

Not just Uranium. We’ve got Ferdrium, too. I’ve no idea what that’s about.

4 Likes

i think I recall seeing uranium in early build previews of the game, can’t be sure though, I remember early on they were mostly fictional elements. Sean discussed having their own table of elements in an early interview, but we were presented with something different at launch, though each update seems to bring things a little closer to that original concept.

2 Likes