Update 1.38 - Live - Bug Reporting/Discussion

Had my first playthrough of 1.37 last night, and finally managed to complete all the base missions.

I was getting stuck on the farmer missions as I already had the crops planted and the game wouldn’t recognise this for some reason.

It was asking me to plant the required crop in a Hydroponics tray and then harvest, (even though I already had them growing in my Biodome.)

I thought to save on resources, I would just build a tray, delete the crop from my biodome, (thus getting full resource back) and plant in the tray. This did not register as meeting the quest requirement strangely.

To get around this I had to grow a new crop in the tray, I could then harvest what was growing in the biodome to complete the mission.

It’s a bit of a weird way round of doing it but it worked and just wanted to share in case someone else had a similar issue with the farmer questline.

3 Likes

Early on there was some discussion regarding base missions not working. Probably would have taken a bit of digging to find…

In the end it was found:

1. That you needed to have the mission hilighted in the log for it to count.
  2. Regardless of your existing stock or plants you MUST follow the technition’s instructions to the letter to get the mission to work.
    ie: Get this. Build that. Plant this. Harvest that. ect.ect. (sometimes you could supliment with existing stock but you still had to do the fetching part for it to count)
    There was probably more but I cant recall.
    Lots of digging in the post 1.3 bug discussions will reveal any possible future pitfalls.
3 Likes

Yeah I thought it was just a matter of selecting the mission but this didn’t work in my example.

I would have thought, deleting current plant in biodome, replanting in tray would have worked though, but it doesn’t.

I have a “Genesis Biodome” in my base which has at least one of each plant type growing so I can seed any farm I want to from just one crop. It came in very handy for doing the farmer missions… again!

On a side note: I earned a Pulse-Spitter blueprint for my Multi-tool last night too, now that appears as a mission! I have no free slots and don’t want to build it anyway!

2 Likes

Yeah. Most new tech comes up as a mission.
Just deselect it in the log.

I had to actually fetch the plant from the wild to get the mission to accept it and move to the next step.

I follow the same ‘Genisis Biodome’ principle too but mine is in storage form.

I noticed I can’t use my junker ship when traveling to the core. I can use my S class Explorer, but I don’t want to rebuild all that tech :persevere: Whats the deal? I’m guessing it has something to do with hyperdrive upgrades, but I don’t know.

“THEY” changed the requirements.
Get cheap ship and put warp up to TAU to jump to core.

1 Like

Hmm. And I could put the upgrades in tech slots so they don’t break. Duh. Thanks for the info.

download

4 Likes

Not 100% sure which question you refer to, so I’ll just randomly answer 2 I’ve seen here. :slight_smile:

1. You indeed cannot share bases between PS and PC. What they did in this patch was make sure the generation on all platforms/modes is the same, so you should be able to find the same planet at the same location regardless of modes/platform. This can be seen as a preparation that enables them to (at some point) make players/bases show up cross platform, but obviously that has not been implemented.

2. NOTICE: PURE SPECULATION AHEAD! The frame drops/crashes when first visiting another base… well, I’ve not done it myself, but I did notice that when the system is really laggy the first time ever you load the game, it takes quite a lot of RAM/CPU as well to load/cache/whatever the shaders. Now it is very well possible that the game does this for a new base as well, somewhere during planetary approach, which is already quite CPU intensive. So that could cause lower FPS. On systems that are low on RAM (less than 8GB, and perhaps in rare cases some more) it may also go out of memory in those situations, especially for large bases. Ideally the game would clean this memory again, but it may have been an overlooked feature initially. Depending on how your system is set up, that could lead to the game crashing (typically without any error message, it would just close). This initial loading/calculating of shaders would also be consistent with the reported behavior of them working more or less OK on future attempts to visit these bases. A way of reducing this effect would be to make slower approaches to the planet, giving your system more time to calculate all the required parts. It should also only happen on older PCs that are close to min specs.

off topic: you need base sharing enabled to share your base, not to visit the base of someone else (provided they did enable sharing).
As for markers not appearing for a base, well, that is an issue we’ve also seen with all kinda locations in the recent patches, so presumably they’re working on that.

TLDR: Fair bug report regarding the massive FPS spikes/crashes, and certainly worth reporting to HG. Be sure to include system specs so they know what kinda systems they’re dealing with, and thus are able to come up with fixes perhaps specific for lower end systems.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the freighter I bought changing colour after closing the game to start playing again a next time. It’s an issue that has been around for quite some time I believe. Truly hope they fix it, as many decide on looks. Not only does it change the colour by the way. I had a Traveller as part of the crew, which got replaced with another Korvax :frowning:

Cheers… Our fountain of knowledge came to the rescue!
My question got addressed on the “off topic” part.

Could that be the reason? They might be part of the procedural “choice”, and their seed being presumably system-based, when despawning it could have “shuffled” the variables…?

I am not sure how it exactly works, but this issue has been around even prior to Atlas Rises. For that reason I find it unlikely for the Traveller to be the cause. Maybe it is due to the freighter battle I had prior to buying it, to get it somewhat cheaper? I have checked the ‘seed’ for both the Freighter and NPCs included, while creating a save and remaining in-game. These seeds do not change at all after restarting the game. I then tried messing with the seeds a bit to see how it affects the results, but have not spend enough time on it to figure it out. So far it seems to not be related to the seed, but something else causing the change. I reported the issue in detail, will hopefully see it fixed in a future update.

2 Likes

There’s a message that flashes sometimes during interaction with portal interfaces. Looks like leftover. (took me forever to catch this)

Also, sometimes my view gets shifted in my ship. (left in this case)

Oh, another thing. When you exit a portal, sometimes you spawn at ground level, partially inside the portal. It has some strange and annoying effects.

I notice that the screen is off by 10 degrees when getting in and out of spaceship.

I get the offset screen bug in shuttles. Briefly swapping ships fixes this but once I had to pilot the ship back into my freighter with most of my view being the floor and consol. Very difficult.
I no longer use shuttles.

@Epitaph
I think this may be related to the problem I’m having. I’ve had to give up playing because it’s just pointless if I can’t use portals or harvest gases from the atmosphere, let alone charge hydroponic trays, clean damaged containers or repair damaged machinery, all of which are affected by this bug.

I’m on a PS4 Pro.

1 Like

I noticed something odd, but I’m not sure it’s a bug or not. When viewing the galaxy map, some stars have a white circle around them? I thought this was an indication that I had been there before. Am I right?

I ask because I noticed there were systems with this indicator in places I had never been. This happened several times when I got close to the core of different galaxies. There would be a single, isolated star I had already discovered. This is a mysterious game, with a plot claiming the walls between dimensions are failing. So I hesitate to call it a bug. Any other nomads out there notice this?

Before you ask, no, I didn’t visit these places through a portal. I don’t mess around with those…things…

That’s what I thought it meant - a system I’d already been to - but if you checked it against your list of discoveries and it wasn’t there then…?

Maybe simply an already discovered system ? By you or someone else ?

NOT a bug, just as usual a less than ideal developer’s interface choice = {{-Not sure when this bug appeared as I only became aware of the existence of gas harvesters a couple days ago.-}}

I have completely finished all the base-building quests a few weeks ago (after numerous glitches in which both the Scientist and the Farmer stopped giving their base-building quests) and have since received from buildings or station npcs, various recipes for items that require gases such as nitrogen. I searched for how to find these gases and found that my Scientist should have given these recipes to me at the beginning.

He’s done with me though. I have uninstalled and reinstalled him five times and he gives me the recipes for Living Glass and Liquid Explosive over and over again, and then he’s done with me again. I am nonplussed as to where to get the gas harvesters if he won’t give me the recipes for them. PC Steam v1.37 and I have no mods installed.

I did not create a new game for Atlas Rising. Not interested in starting over from scratch and I trusted that eventually the bugs would be ironed out.

Is there a way to edit the files so that I can get the harvester recipes? Or am I out of luck since I refuse to start over? :hopefulface: