Stuff is happening (STATUS updates-Myriad-W/ARE-NEXT)

You can hear the Phoenix in the trailer bro! :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to avoid talking completely and just make things people can play, but we knew this was going to leak anyway, and I think it’s news that should make a lot of folks happy. We feel that what we do is so much more important than what we say
So he was listening when everyone was complaining about him keeping silent…:wink:

5 Likes

It’s good to finally have some real news at last. Great news for X Box one owners to be able to play NMS.

4 Likes

Well, I am going back to bed with a big grin on my face. I am excited to see what is coming. :blush:

3 Likes

Who said, that they are skipping 1.4 ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s very curious to only mention 1.5, skipping 1.4 has never really made any sense.

I’m not expecting anything but a small update between now and Next is not impossible.

4 Likes

If the ARG continues until this summer it’s OK for me. ETARCians love to dig :smiley:

6 Likes

Devs will sometimes skip version numbers if they feel like the changes are significant enough, or just because they want to.

The version number is 1.38 right now, and if this is the “biggest update yet,” only increasing the version number by 0.02 to get to 1.4 seems understated.

Besides, 1.5 is a nice, ‘roundish’ number. :grin:

But I guess it is possible they could release 1.4 in between. My guess is that they’ll continue to focus all their resources on making the NEXT update incredible.

3 Likes

Looks like every single game site/mag has been notified by Hello Games.

4 Likes

I was exactly thinking the same, when you type nms next on google, there’s already tons of sites that are aware!

2 Likes

Hey guys, good morning from the east coast USA!

I kinda had a feeling we wouldn’t really be getting an update today, but I AM super stoked at hearing about the NEXT update!

Just one little thing i noticed: Tencent is the platform that recently released the very popular PC/Xbox shooter PUBG for iOS/Android with much success. Does this mean NMS NEXT MOBILE CONFIRMED???

2 Likes

Now that the update has been announced, I’m thinking the ARG will focus more on supporting the indie game companies on the WARE website. The steam key giveaway yesterday was for one of their new games.

I think WARE is basically the “Hello Labs” website.

4 Likes

So much for having fun trying to figure out new stuff.

Looking for Anti-Matter got any?

all who will contribute thanks

2 Likes

Looks like my base is safe for a while longer :smile:

6 Likes

Smells like Universe Reset…

4 Likes

August??? It’s 5 months away so much for April 1 release, fml #overhyped/ let down

3 Likes

Correction 4 months

2 Likes

You see! Already one month less :slight_smile: Time is passing fast.

6 Likes

True if such a big update is planned, a small change in version number doesn’t cut it … so moving straight to 1.5 is logical… especially as we are already at 1.38 as stated… hell it is not uncommon to ‘move the decimal’ on versions to get a greater impact… (e.g. version 1.2 of something becomes version 1.3 but is called 2 instead!)…

Of course, if you are planning such a big jump in the near future, one may need to add some back ground features and lacklustre mods for compatibility… leaves you a version number update to slip under the radar…

3 Likes

Are you in the southern hemisphere? Summer starts in June in the Northern Hemisphere which is where HG is.

3 Likes