Study of the Star-chain Cluster Anomaly

Very sorry for that. Hopefully this thread is listed again.
No secrets here :grinning:
Not sure what I did wrong but it should be fixed now.

1 Like

Just to clarify.
I’ve not forwarded details of this location to anyone and I apologise to anyone who feels I’ve handled myself badly by exploring options and by messing up while fixing my posts.
Thanks for your tolerance.
I have a pilgrimage to return to and a portal address to somewhere potentially good for ETARC.
Let me know when you make a decision.
You are all fantastic and passionate. That’s a good thing and I know the end results, whatever they may be, will be the right ones for ETARC.

4 Likes

I apologize if my comment was overly critical, but I stand by it. The phenomenon is sitting right at the 700k range, so it’s in a busy area and at risk of external discovery. I understand people are excited to explore this. It seems the phenomenon is within the range people want the Hub to be. I will put up a poll to see if this is an acceptable location.

1 Like

It makes sense to wait until the vote is in and a plan of investigation/ exploration is in place.

My first inclination was to investigate where it is pointing…maybe extrapolating the path deeper into the galaxy.

1 Like

This is PS4 right?

Anyone making progress for PC in Euclid?

1 Like

Here are a few pictures of other star chains I’ve encountered. None are quite as large as the one described above but as you can see they are not super rare…They still they catch your attention.

These were taken in the Alpha quadrant.
Some are more spectacular than others but it’s always interesting.
The pictures are all taken from either a position straight looking down or from a position looking straight up (apart from the last photo which is a typical example of what they look like from the side).
I have never located a horizontal one.
They are always where a column of stars forms but due to an unknown graphics quirk, they sometimes line up like this,

9 Likes

Interesting.

So, my thought for following the direction that points closer to the galactic center wouldn’t apply. Following the line would take us to the top or bottom of the galaxy and not anywhere near the center.

I am in the beta quadrant. I will take a look around later today to see if I see the same vertical line formations. If the lines are still only seen in the alpha quadrant, there may still be value iinvestigating what they are pointing out.

1 Like

Simply go in the map and tip your view vertically upwards and scoot upwards following a star column and then just keep on going… Sliding sideways a bit as you go is useful if you don’t find anything.
Might take a few goes but you should get something, even if it’s small. Post back your findings here. Be interesting to know what Beta gives you. I would suspect it would be the same likelyhood across the entire galaxy.
I believe the galaxy structure must use cubed or grid lined type graphic modules stacked like a Rubix Cube. At times the meeting edges of these cubes causes lines. A bit like how there is often side-by-side duplication of identicle features (like knowledge stones and crates) when on terrain… Just a theory.
Be interesting to try and workout how big a cube might be…

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. I assume it has to do with the Hex system they use. This is a great idea for a study, who knows how common these are. There might even be bigger ones out there.

2 Likes

I took about 20 minutes last night to investigate the star formations vertically in my neighborhood.

I did see a few, possibly coincidental, star strings of 6-8 stars long. The most impressive was one that was that long but ~2 stars wide. None came close to the one in the pictures above.

2 Likes

I have found many, typically only one region long and always consisting of yellow stars. They can be in single line or helix spiral.
Alpha seems to more prevalent for the long strands and sometimes one leads to another a few regions away.
If you study the stars for ages floating around in the galactic map you begin to spot all sorts of repeated patterns. Lots of grid lines either vertical or angled, with stars sequentially located at a few variable distances apart but random enough to camouflage the lines unless you are hunting for them. Often there are coincidental line ups but others are too mathematically perfect to be coincidental.
So far zero horizontal patterns at all.
The angled ones are incredibly hard to find and appear like ‘sheets’ of stars that line up from a specific point. Unless you are at a specific point you cannot see the pattern. As you move sideways the pattern repeats about four times until the sequence disappears. I have only one decent photo of these.
The whole galaxy is really impressive.

2 Likes

Sorry to interrupt. Have you guys seen this?

8 Likes

Yes, I have seen it, but its been awhile. I usually picked the unseen point. I forgot it talked of an alignment of stars (even describes the impossible alignment).

My immediate thoughts went to the string of stars pointing out the red giant star when @Mad-Hatter first posted the picture. Perhaps, I was subconsciously remembering this monolith event? The explorer in me wants check anyway. :male_detective:

3 Likes

Doesn’t a red sun get frequently mentioned during the Traveler quest, or am I misremembering?

2 Likes

Yes. A giant red star is mentioned a few times. I would say its mentioned almost as many times as the world of glass.

The lore in the abandoned buildings mentions it as having been the spot of a great cataclysm. I took this in hindsight of the story added with update 1.3 as to something that happened in a past simulation, which is akin to describing the probable future. As a side note there is also at least 1 mention of a world with green skies and an obsidian moon.

5 Likes

This is really interesting. I want to check this out. Do you have a link to a video?

1 Like

I’ll have a look and see if the main one lines up with a red star at all.

All I have found are the normal red stars you find and none seem to truly line up.
Nothing remarkable.
EDIT.
Admittedly these lines of stars are pretty common. Perhaps we should be looking for a dual version of this feature with 2 lines of stars. I’ve not seen that yet.

1 Like

I too, have made a discovery and it’s right on my doorstep.

The Chain in all it’s glory

This shows it off the best. You can see the huge cluster of stars at the top of the picture, then through pure empty space, the Chain which links the to the smaller lower cluster. It’s very distinctive!

The bubble of stars at the lower end of the Chain (Highlighted)

I’m currently one jump away and I am happy to share coords (and therefore Glyphs) to my current location if anyone wishes to explore further. You can get a rough idea for where it is by looking at the map in the top left.

Approximate location in relation to the Centre and Pilgrim Star.

5 Likes

That’s excellent. Good to see others finding these things too.
Next time you’re on can you have look and see if it fits the trend of being made of all yellow stars. I’m yet to find one that is made up of other coloured stars (except when using the race filter)

3 Likes