Starships 🚀

Hey! At least I have not fallen through my ship in a long time nor found myself seated too low or too far back in my ship. Those were irritating bugs that seem to be gone for good.

2 Likes

I figure ship coloring is coming at some point, but I am personally not looking forward to seeing a million shots of peoples all black, or black and another color ships

4 Likes

OK. At this point, it’s worth considering this gizmo, available in every active space station:

At the moment, this thing can only be used to scrap ships, or add storage. But look at what it does. It breaks your ship up into its component parts.

This thing is based on the tool HG use when designing ship parts. I know, because I saw it at the Design, Play, Disrupt show in London.

Right now, the game will only let you use this tool to take a ship to pieces. But I think I see the direction for this.

12 Likes

Agreed,
I think at some point we will be able to, at a cost, build our own custom ships and maybe even pick colours.

Given the only black ships we ever see are glitched renders upon load in, (I’ve uploaded some images in the Lighter Side thread), I think HG is keen to keep the NMS universe bright & pretty.
I personally would like to see some variety in types of finishes (like shiny coloured chromes, matte, multiple colour choices per component, (not just one colour for the whole ship), and maybe different finishes like for building.
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: as customisation has been a long wished for feature.

7 Likes

I’d also like to see starships visibly age over time. A space station starship merchant would let you pay for a paint job.

Parts could slowly “go bad” over time and require repair.

5 Likes

New copyright infringement detected! :smile:

Also funny, this is a Geck system, and a moment later a hauler landed named “The End of the Korvax”. I made a wide berth around its captain…

8 Likes

No spoiler because it seems to be similar to the one in the living ship trailer. How on Earth! … did these two get a ship so fast. I thought we had to grow these things over hours??? Looks cool though. Amazing really.

I tried not to stand there with my jaw on the floor too conspicuously - fail! :smiley:

10 Likes

Well, there’s savegame editors…

5 Likes

The waiting time is not verified by the server, some just play offline, and change their pc clock to fast-forward. I looked into that because I realised that I did not return the first quest item to the quest location yesterday, so for me the countdown will only start tonight, even though I did the task yesterday… :unamused:

6 Likes

This one was done through a save editor. They changed their exotic to bio. My first time encountering one. They are so awesome up close.

8 Likes

Some of these procedurally generated living starships look very whale-like. Cool!

4 Likes

Blah! Just ran out of hearts! This always happens around a new large update!

Consider yourselves :heart:-ed! :blush:

4 Likes

Daughter ship

11 Likes

Oh wow! It seems to match your personality (at least, what I know of it from your landscape pics) It is a perfect match! You must be so proud. :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m just skimming over these images so I can soak it in for myself when I see one in the flesh…(pun intended).
I remember my joy the first time I encountered an Orb exotic in the wild. Was very cool…and I’d studied images. This time it will be absolutely mind blowing because I’ve barely looked :smile:

5 Likes

My 2 Living Ship; The Missing Diashe (left) and The Missing Iesia (right)
Seeds: 0x91841D508B6C3797and 0xE50266AAFAC4A024 respectively

Diashe on the snow planet in Watcher of the Skies system

Iesia landing on the same snow planet

12 Likes

THICC … :wink: @Hexagonal

The all new ‘Bad Ass’ engines for all your exploring needs!

9 Likes

There is an author, Robin Hobb whose books I’ve been enjoying for many years, starting with Assassins Apprentice.
Separated from her main trilogies but still interlinked in the same world, is a trilogy called the Liveship Traders, which centers around sailing ships made of a mystical timber, which come to life with a living, moving, speaking, figurehead.
I can’t help but be reminded of these Liveships when I see images of these new, living ships, so lovingly grown in the NMS universe.
Beautiful companions for travellers in a beautiful universe.
NMS just keeps getting better :hugs:

6 Likes

It really does, and I am very very happy with it! Though I will still get at least a couple more, I doubt they will please me as much as the looks of that one does

4 Likes

Huh… it reminds me very much of Divinity: Original Sin 2…

4 Likes