Starships 🚀

We always need a place for ship screenshots, have at it!

This is a continuation of the topic below:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Landed at my settlement

7 Likes

(SingularGleam’s piccie of a studly Fighter)

Now that’s a rare sight, a starship that actually LOOKS like a starship. Painted the way you expect a Starship to look. I get so tired of wading through all the pinks and purples and lime yellows and all the weird paisley pastel color schemes that look like they were created by some six year old. I’ve passed up a number of Fighters because the colors were either kyoote or garish. Or downright nauseating.

I have the same reaction to so many planets, with florescent skies and plantlife, or waters for that matter, that practically blind me, and get me to leave after just a few minutes. I’m hoping that space is finally beginning to look a little freaking BLACK now. I’m still in the thick of painting, apparently making the same mistakes I gessoed over a couple of days ago, and have yet to dive in to this crazy world. Which seems to still be sorting itself out a little… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So nothing to share yet. Though a couple of pics might be showing up in my fic in a chapter or so…

5 Likes

Red squid with a purple fade on the Anomaly

7 Likes

Oh I like this thread!!!

I agree with Stryker by the way about the garish color schemes. My real preference is red. Sometimes I consider just keeping the Radioactive Pillbox (renamed for mockery purposes) because it does look like the sturdy little fighting craft that it is. But I never do.

Current play these are my prizes:

The Demon S32 5

The Hopper A30 8

The Hopper is beefed up to a 602 LY jump range and I am pretty sure I am just gonna mass up in nanites and upgrade her rather than look for an S class.

10 Likes

Love that snubnose with the angled wings. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@stryker99

I hang my head in shame!

In my defense, it’s a new playthrough and I always make a point of trading off the Radiating Pillbox before I reach the anomoly. I was running out of time and I didn’t have a lot of cash to work with. I will be shed of this abomination at the earliest opportunity.

8 Likes

That’s the engine design I love

2 Likes

That’s also the engine design I love

1 Like

Now we’re talkin’!!!

Only a class A but I love the look. When I inevitably die at least i will have arrived in a cool ship.

Also has maybe the best glass of any fighter body I have had.

8 Likes

So desperate in my Permadeath save that I spent most of my time today trading out ships and scrapping one huge hauler that I would have kept but for all the repairs. :weary: I finally settled on being practical and ended up with this.

24 slots and 6 for tech. Not bad and at a decent price.
Then this landed at the Space Station but way out of my range

and then this landed on my Freighter and I almost passed out.

9 Likes

Yes that fighter is a beauty and I am familiar with that “I can’t afford it now and will never find it later when I can” pain. To ease that a bit though…I promise you that ship has absolutely the worst glass. That body style may look great but you cannot see anything that isn’t straight in front of you or distinctly above you. I am confident that when the funds are in you will find something much much better.

3 Likes

@sheralmyst would you mind giving me your Portal coordinates / glyphs? I think I’d like to swap Scimitar for one of those. In my case, I’ve found those round canopies to provide a very nice view outside of the ship.

2 Likes

The canopy is fine. It’s those sidebar things on the fuselage. It is a great looking ship though.

1 Like

Ok. Will get that next time I am in the sim.

2 Likes

6 Likes

By the way, I forgot to mention - my two favorite words lately are “I forgot” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - that I have a coordinate to glyph converter webpage bookmarked. So all I need are the numbered (4:4:4:4 ) codes you can get using the signal booster. But I appreciate the glyphs. I also keep forgetting that a screenshot has the glyphs.

By the way again, did you manage to buy one of those monsters?

1 Like

Cannot afford much of anything right now since this is a new game.
Also, I tried converting the coordinates to glyphs since Frontiers landed and the glyphs I got sent me to the wrong place. Has anyone else tried this lately?

1 Like

Oh jeepers… I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t ask for those coordinates.

Is there anyway to share anything between players in person, like donations of money or resources? I’m a billionaire, with thousands of spare units of resources and dozens of a few select tech items.

2 Likes