SPOILER:Special encounters puzzles

Ahh dang, I did the exact same thing with the Relic Gate I encountered! Next time…

5 Likes

10 Likes

Hurry, shoot the eye before it has a chance to hypnotize you!

7 Likes

Visiting space stations and entering the atmosphere of a planets causes these new discoveries to vanish.
On the other hand, you can destroy traders and they will still trade with you… :thinking:

5 Likes

I decided to see what would happen if I fired upon this menacing-looking space thingy. It shattered in a couple of shots and I got an S-class Ship Shield for the non-living ships.

(don’t tell my favourite ship I said it was non-living–I haven’t had the heart to break the news to it.) :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

I ran into an Anomalous Numbers Station last night.
…699…913…466…774…614…
Has anyone been able to make any progress on this yet?

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ShadowWarriorJB!
As far as we know, noone has made a connection, yet.

2 Likes

Better than my luck… I fired on a Dyson Lens and got a bunch of sentinels after me!

3 Likes

The only number similar to these is on my Level 4 Atlas Pass. Yes, I’m still hoping for a real use for it in the future :blush:

8 Likes

We keep on hoping! :smiley:

5 Likes

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SPOILER: Starbirth (Melody of the Egg arc)

Ok guys, what if these numbers aren’t the correct ones, and we have to read between the lines.
Imagine this XXX-XXX-XXX-X5X-XXX
Here, 5 would be wrong. It could be 0,1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9, unless another clue like
XXX-XXX-XXX-X8X-XXX
Now it could only be 0,1,2,3,4,6,7,9…
Am i making any sense, or should i go back to sleep??

Yet what to do from that 15-long number?

4 Likes

I don’t have much brain-space for math, but is it possible that these are strings of Prime Numbers from waaay down the line?

2 Likes

7 Likes

I have to comment on the image of your living ship on the cockpit screen. It looks to me just like a dog with a ring around its neck and antenna sprouting from its forhead. Anyone else see that?

3 Likes

I thought more along the lines of a flea or louse.

3 Likes

No. This is the first test you do when encountering suspected prime number sequences (that anybody can perform, no matter how gifted they are at math): If it contains any even numbers, or any numbers divisible by 5 (i.e. any numbers of which the final digit is 5) it’s not a sequence of prime numbers (ruling out the numbers 2 and 5 themsleves of course, which are prime). If it doesn’t, you can apply further tests, but these sequences already fail that, so no need to go on.

Now that you mention it, yes, definitely… :laughing:

4 Likes

I encountered another Relic Gate today, and have some follow-up info. This time I was in a system at the very center of Euclid. The gate warped me back out to the “spawn ring” region, around 700k from the center. As before, I saw another Relic Gate icon in the destination system again, so this time I flew straight for it. Well, I never saw another actual gate, and the icon vanished when I reached it. So, looks like that’s just a glitch! One minor mystery solved.

8 Likes

Hey there, just thought I’d drop this here as well for record keeping sake. Hopefully we figure this thing out.

9 Likes