SPOILER:Special encounters puzzles

Wow! You are having an eventful day. Cool stuff.
I found one too.

4 Likes

TravelEcho, I assume for you the Planetary Escape Vehicle didn’t load properly?

3 Likes

Can’t tell by the screenshots, how big are these things? Are they space station sized or significantly smaller?

3 Likes

5 Likes

About the size of the Anomaly

7 Likes

Meh. I guess they may be bigger on the inside too…

4 Likes

Here is a better look at it. I would assume the population is in the round part. It makes me wonder if these are more like the simulation we can put Artemis in rather than an actual spaceship.

8 Likes

An upload evacuation? That would actually be a compelling argument… But as far as I’m aware, only the korvax actually have the tech for that, and even they don’t have engeneration except for themselves. And even they seem to have severe limitations with that, but I’m not sure if that’s just because they’re limited by the number of bodies. Are there any hints in the lore as to if echoes are able to re-engenerate?

Wow, that train of thought left the topic on a hard left…

5 Likes

Just noticed that I can spot traders in the area by pushing right on my D-pad. (location indicated by the blue arrow) When I caught up with the trader, I tried to communicate but got this message:

8 Likes

In the source files these encounters are referred to as ‘prisons’.

7 Likes

Fleeing from conflict. Trying to reach safety. Locked up for ‘protection’. Sounds familiar.

4 Likes

Yeah, they can only hail us. I think the trader encounters completely random encounters, not reusing ships that are already on the map (i.e. they are probably some special instances. Has anybody ever observed what happens to them after you finish?) That would be consistent with the KISS approach that HG is generally taking towards these things.

4 Likes

My experience is that they immediately despawn. “poof!” but no poof so to speak. Haven’t had one wave goodbye and fly off into the sunset, yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

Another messenger of the Atlas

Did not have the translation in this save

Numbers Station

Stellar Intelligence

13 Likes

Out of curiosity, has anyone scanned and discovered everything in a particular system and them pulsed around and checked to see if anything different occurs? Or are the encounters coded to just be random?

5 Likes

I wondered that…
I was also wondering if the type of ship you fly influences what you find, (like the egg modules).
I’m also curious as to some of the ‘agressive’ attitudes of the anomolous finds. Makes me wonder what this other entity is.

8 Likes

Asteroid Larvae.

10 Likes

Unnamed structure. Big enough to fly through & around).

Another Messenger of the Atlas.

Plasmic Accident.
This pic sort of turned out like a painting reminding me of the old sci fi book covers that inspired NMS design way back.

12 Likes