S Class Ship Theory (How and where to find them with the least effort)

This is my new ship. It flew in at the perfect time :star_struck:

5 tech slots

Where I found it

Good observation! I noticed the ship rendering on the HUD shows the long ‘arms’ and I wondered why they’re short. In flight they sort of reach for the stars! :smiley:

Hello fellow Travellers!

As I have found two exotic ships now in total I want to contribute what I can to the statistic,
The first exotic ship was found in:

(the planet above the cursor, it was at an outpost, I will check the specifics of it after my bath)

The second was found today :slight_smile:

I will translate the economy stats as they are in german and it would be absolutely egoistic to not do so.
4 Planets - 2 Moons
Mining - Wealthy
Peaceful

Both ships came in in the first 2 minutes of being at said points, after that I can’t tell for sure how long it would take for them to re-appear, as Ihave istantly bought both.

In Honor
Traveller101

I envy all of you who have one of these. Maybe someday I will have a freighter and a place to put my stuff. The detail on them is beautiful. Looks like a cute little duck from the front. :grin:
Korvax sysytem
Prospecting/Sustainable
Trivial conflict level

A cheap freighter has exactly the same parking space as a really expensive one.

Expensive freighters look nice, but functionally they’re not that different from the cheap ones.

Go on, get yourself a freighter!

My S-class freighter was fairly cheap as freighters go.
Warps 1/3 further than my best S class starship without upgrades. Only has 19 slots & doesn’t look like much but it works really well as a warping garage full of useful ships.

Exactly. The only thing I use my freighter for is storing my ship collection, and moving it around.

I have three 48 slot haulers. That’s a lot of storage space. I don’t care how much storage the freighter has.

Thanks so far to everyone that has posted their ship info. Keep up the good work. The list is growing well :slight_smile:

It is ugly, but I got this on my freighter at my home base planet;
Yellow Sun, 1 Planet 0 moons, Vy’keen, Fuel Genertion // Destitute, Untroubled.
Just waited about a few minutes watching ships till one came in and got the 1st one.
What defines a ship as an exotic other than it looking cool AF? Is there any indicator?

I am sorry to announce but this is no exotic ship, it is just a regular science S class ship.

In Honor
Traveller101

Yeah I got that, hence me asking what defines one as Exotic?

It is ‘exotic’ from type and they look unique, they can have 20 slots at most and 6 tech slots max, they are defined in having all 3 skills filled with over 30%

In Honor
Traveller101

Ah now I see, it actually says Exotic, where mine says Explorer, thanks for the info there.

You are welcome! I hope you will find your perfect ship soon!

In Honor
Traveller101

The topic is titled “S Class Ship Theory”. It doesn’t need to be “exotic”.

The thread has been about Exotics but I’m not going to complain if other S class data gets tossed in. Just about everyone eventually wants S class Haulers, Fighters and Explorers. So information to make that easier should be welcome. Plus, once I have enough info to post a detailed report, it will need to include all S class types.

In the end, Exotics are just fluffy bunnies; nice to look at and show off but not really good at any one thing like each of the other ships are.

I want my **FLUFFY BUNNY!!!** 
 -- Annonomous

I really want a squid but it didn’t stack up to mine.

I just love these exotic ships …

If you’re patient, you could catch a glimpse of this beauty (19 slots. 6 tech slots) on Lefridi-Koma system space station.