PS4 1.3 Update and First Play... your impressions

Wait, there Rocket Launchers! :rocket:

Anyone aware of what rusted metal is used for?

Apparently my base planet reached the ice age.

1 Like

Holy Cow!
First few hours of NMS 2.0, and it’s pretty awesome. SO much new stuff, items, crafts, trades, race, story, ships, inventory! I’ve literally been like a kid in a candy shop running all around to look at things. Even found my first transmission from Artemis and had a talk with pirates! (32k to not destroy me? How much for me not to destroy YOU?!) The new textures and graphics are just out f*cking standing. Kudos to Hello Games for there hard work on that!

Some changes I’ve noticed:

• My planet went from a paradise island planet with Viridium out my backdoor to a Extreme radioactive with hostile sentinels. I’ll be moving soon.

• I fly worse than a newborn walks. I like the controls, but I got to get used to them. My first dogfight lasted embarrassingly long for three pirates. And I seem to enjoy hitting cliffs and trees. Hovering is cool.

• Still not sure about all the ‘extra’ stuff, like scraping rust off boxes seems annoying, but the extra stuff to unlock crashed ships adds to the experience. Best to keep more Heridium on hand! Having to scrape the vines off the abandoned terminals to use them added to it.

• I seem to have lost my languages? I have a lot of Vy’Keen words, but the rest have gone, and I had a lot of language before, so now I can’t read the Korvax or Gek messages. Maybe it will come back after I visit their systems?

• Nighttime is DARK! I love seeing stars in a more black sky, but it does make it dark at night. Like not seeing the landscape dark. Add that to landing in the dark and having to use the flashlight to make it to an abandoned building, really upped the creepiness.

• Some random names have changed. Fervium is now apparently Solar Weed? >shrug<

• I love being able to see who owns the systems from the galactic overview, and seeing the planets rotate around the star is pretty cool too.

• All my ships were class A ships, and they still are, but they are all rated as class C for extra inventory, so they have none. That sucks.

• It appears that the Nada/Polo tasks are still the same, I was in the middle of one, and finished it up after the update, and I still got the Atlas V3 pass.

• Next up, I got to find out how to get extra slots in my inventory, and get hyperdrive in my freighters, and find a new home base.

Advice: Scan the new help page. We’re apparently supposed to find travellers graves in caves to get a valid glyph combination. It also says to go to a Monolith to find the portals, and Monoliths show up as a scanner option now, but I’ve not made it that far.

Ok, I have to go do adulting, then back tonight for more fun!!

5 Likes

Anyone else got the bug that when you upgrade a high capacity inventory slot at a escape pod, it won’t get activated?

My base planet has had a very major ecological disaster…when I left it was green with red giant trees and life everywhere but now it is a lifeless desert and someone racked off with my Jawa Tarago and the tracker is telling me that it is 4 hours walk away! It’s quieter now though and there’s no more spadmium weeds in the garden…

1 Like

I’ve got the gamer’s dilemma, I’m shattered but also want to play all night!

1 Like

Honestly, while the game feels more like what was originally promised, I fired it up and felt no motivation to do anything from where I’d left off. More Atlas anomaly visits? Really? Tyats how you decide to deliver your new, deep story? At this stage I’ve had enough.

I also find it a bit suspect that an update that adds so much “content” (a lot of it is refreshing planets and some new menus) they didn’t bother to add any new trophies on PS4!

I think I’m done with NMS. This ARG just feels like another big buildup that leads to a damp squib.

In the options I just sellected to explore instead of the Atlas.
I am playing from my old save. Got my gear. Lost my know how. Must have bumped my head when my Paradise turned in an icey wasteland.
A few more hours will help me settle.

1 Like

Got about 8 more hours to let it download…or so it says. Can’t wait!!! In the meantime I’ve been reading about your experiences to help pass the time! Looking forward to all the new challenges…sorry to hear my beautiful planet might be a wasteland!

Not with that attitude!

Forgive me for not being excited to see my home planet eradicated of all life, some new flavour text, the most basic of multiplayer and a UI update.

I expected something with a bit more substance for all the fanfare gone into the buildup.

Maybe give it more than like 5 minutes chance? Or maybe just go to reddit.

1 Like

hmm yea, I’ve already found quite a bit of new lore, and I didn’t visit any atlas stations…
Also, the new graphics, ships, etc they added, that’s certainly earning them points in my book.

Wow! My beautiful jungle world is now a toxic, wet world filled with precious fungal mould…I feel my allergies flaring up! Gonna explore it a bit before moving on.

1 Like

Yeah I have like 20 minutes left before I can find out what happened to my forest paradise. I’m worried. The galaxy is going to have a shortage of moving vans. :smile:

2 Likes

For some reason all of my stairs disappeared and like some others, my ship also materialized IN my base after using the portal from the station…it was pretty funny…like a lot of the the new features! Will take a while to figure out. :wink:

I’m thinking about starting over despite all of the work I’ve done. Has anyone else started over and regretted it? My home base is now a toxic wasteland and I’m thinking I’d enjoy this much more starting from scratch than spending so much time relocating.

@SeanMurray @oldgods would be nice if we can rename wrongly named planets due to terrain changes. Having a planet with lush in the name while it’s a wasteland is somewhat silly. But maybe the player who named it should possibly agree or something.

@oldgods as this is supposed to be the official CSD forum, is there any HG staff we can call in here? I’m hoping Sean Murray is indeed him, can we get confirmation?

I had a ramp in my base pre-1.3 that I had to rebuild all the time, it just never wanted to stay