PS4 1.3 Update and First Play... your impressions

I started over and not one regret…I had a nice base, freighter…Just a different experience starting now and what a way to be introduced to the new things…

2 Likes

I’m digging the changes. Dig deeper mate.

---- Labreya wrote ----

[https://avatars.discourse.org/v2/letter/l/ee59a6/45.png] Labreyahttps://forums.etarc.org/u/labreya
August 11

Forgive me for not being excited to see my home planet eradicated of all life, some new flavour text, the most basic of multiplayer and a UI update.

I expected something with a bit more substance for all the fanfare gone into the buildup.

Agree. Need to be able to rename already named systems now the galaxy is a reboot. (Apocalypse)
Agreed. All my ramps/stairs vanished too.
Only had a couple of 2 hour goes in my old save and have decided to persevere. Using the idea of “refugee status with only what I have” untill i learn the tech. Chin up as they say :smile:
LOG menu to ensure you do each task for each administrator is annoying.
Loving it anyway.
Looks like hanging onto an old save doesn’t stop you enjoying the new lore. Its a new part to the original tale.

My home planet went from a gorgeous ocean world with green grass and tropical trees, to an airless hellhole with no life or water of any kind!

To add insult to injury, my 100% completed base is stuck halfway into the side of a cliff, and portions of it are either completely missing, or floating in the air.

Needless to say…When I saw all that horror, I logged out without saving and went over to my PC version of the game that I also bought on pre-order but have only played for about 3 hours.

On the PC, the condition of my starter planet was also 180 degrees from what it was before, but I don’t care since I am not planning to stick around there anyway.

I really feel sorry for those who invested as much time into their bases as I have, and basically lost everything in this update! :frowning:

At this point, I am not entirely sure if I am ever going to come back to the PS4 version. I have a Pro and I am still not able to get a locked 60fps out of the game. Even my high end gaming PC appears to be really huffing and puffing after the 1.3 update, and this is with an overclocked 1080ti and i7 6700k!

Still… I think a locked 60fps 99% of the time on my gaming PC is preferable to the totally uneven framerates I get on the PS4 Pro in the Unlocked mode. I really hoped they would have optimized the frame rates in this update, but they actually seem to have gotten worse! (Didn’t know what was even possible)

The new content in 1.3 is welcome, and kudos to HG for sticking with the game! But for those with hundreds of hours invested already, I am not sure if what we lost today in the process was worth it.

Too bad we can’t migrate saves from one platform to the other, ala GTA5 back in the day!

YES! I have not been able to add any slots to this new section either. (PC version is the same way as well)

One of my old lush planets remains that way, name didn’t change either. Better color scheme too. Might have to move

My vibrant and lush paradise planet was changed to an extreme fiery world with ragnox generating across the surface…

I was reminded of Khan’s situation in Star Trek II.

1 Like

Haven’t been back to my home planet yet, too scared at what I will find (I loved that planet). Finally found a portal. Got insta-killed by a pirate in my S class. Saw one of the new ships, pretty, but was only 13 slots. I can’t build a lot of my equipment because I can’t craft voltaic batteries. All of the named planets in the hub and the ones I did are now bad. I went to sleep after having naming a system with Geks, (woke up down loaded and started) woke to a system of Korvax living in a system claiming Geks lived there. At this point I’m 50/50.

First impression is WOW.
Huge graphics improvement, lots of new receipts, absolutely somptuous exotic ships!
The difficulty of space dog fighting has been notably and totally increased, aswell as flying over the surface got much more difficult.
Being able to call the spaceship via the exosuit is really handy when you walk around.
All the menus display has changed making it look much more finished.
Anyways, to be clear, I no longer feel i’m playing the same game. It’s just like a rebirth…

“This is just the beggining”…

so THRILLED

4 Likes

When I landed on the planet I had discovered at the start of July, it showed as undiscovered, so I didnt realise I had been there before… It looks totally different, and I had named the planet “Planet 001-g” after it being the first planet in the system, and it having agressive sentinels because of Gravino balls. Now there are just agressive sentinels, but no more gravino balls. And it looks amazing now:

We’re like children in a sandbox xD

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I’m only about 5 hours into the new update and I was blown away by what was added to this game, the thing that first stood out to me was how good the space combat is now to me this little detail was a big step and one I really enjoy , also the story (I wont give any spoilers) has been great so far and I love it , now I have run into some bugs and one bug had me inside my ship trapped inside a freighter but other then that its been unreal this game has new life and the future is looking good , the mission system is really fun as well hopefully it doesn’t become to much the same after awhile but for now its a great feature , so yeah I’m having a blast with the new update and everything to do in it so hopefully it remains fun and by the looks of it i can tell you i will be spending my whole weekend in the sim , thanks for reading and enjoy and also to the person who named one of there planets Noodles727 yeah that was just weird

3 Likes

Yep, my forest paradise got nuked, all my crew are gone and there’s grass growing in my base (and not the NipNip kind). Time to pack up and search for greener pastures! Everything I’ve seen so far has been a blasted hellscape. Beautiful blasted hellscapes, but hellscapes nonetheless. :smile:

1 Like

just had my first multiplayer experience at a portal, you can make a monument to commemorate the meeting lol

2 Likes

I awake on a familiar space station. I have been here before, but it seems… different now. It feels as though I just woke-up the morning after some wicked headache, where the world seems to have a bit more depth and clarity then it did when I last remembered it.

In search of some familiar ground, I head to the back-left of the station to jump back to my home world and oasis in the cosmos. There is a new face near the jump port, I think he is offering me jobs in a broken language I once understood clearly (must have been a really wicked headache). There is more new information then I can absorb in my current haze of new clarity, so I decline as politely as possible, and hop in the portal to relax at home.

I materialize in my base, greeted by my banner and happy potted plants, but something is different. Something very big is very different… I round the corner to see the world beyond and am left breathless (both figuratively and literally. Some unknown planetary cataclysm has stripped my oasis of its atmosphere, taking its flora and fauna with it. Nights are freezing cold, days are blazing hot, and the sentinels that remain to police this wasteland seem none to pleased about anything- espeially me.

Taking to space to grasp the totality of the disaster, I receive a strange and unexpected message. It feels like I know this voice from somewhere long ago. Some forgotten past that binds us, a purpose that we were both trying to fulfill… or escape, I can’t seem to recall.

At once I forget the plight of my “home” world, and remember that I was a Traveler, one who had merely settled here not long ago. My true home, like my purpose in this vastness, is something that remains to be discovered. There is a new path before me, and like any epic journey, the first step does not come easily.

Disassembling my meticulously created home base was bitter-sweet. Memories from the lazy days of its creation, of the lush planet this once was, coming flooding back. I look to the stars, now much more visible without an atmosphere, and feel them calling me once again. Where will they lead me? Only one way to find out…

Onward!

10 Likes

Lovely read. Encapsulates the Second Great Reality Shift perfectly. I’m going to do the same. Time to move on through the stars.

1 Like

Fantastic. Always enjoy a bit home made lore.
Did something similar a few weeks back.

1 Like

The times (and space) are a-changin’, and we travelers have to change with it. But I’ve found so far that this new universe is a pretty neat place. That urge to uncover the galaxy’s secrets has returned in a way I haven’t felt since launch. I left my base abandoned for now, there’s exploring to do.

And @chelofellow, I enjoyed that little tale. Go talk to that fellow in the space station, he’ll help you earn some decent side units while you explore the galaxy.

1 Like

I agree completely. Having wandered toward the core for so long, being forced to stick around one planet is great. I’m discovering creatures I didn’t think could exist. And while its sad I lost my old base, I found an even better planet already! I can’t wait to explore more! Doing the storyline is slow going on survival, leaving me plenty of time to wander. Can’t wait for the new Hub :grin:

1 Like

https://forums.etarc.org/t/after-the-cataclysm-an-old-travellers-telling/2896?u=mad-hatter

1 Like