PS4 1.3 Update and First Play... your impressions

For this reason I think I’m gonna dive into this update by starting a new survival save…

I’m experiencing a concerning issue.
As I enter local systems I’ve previously been too the planets are vanishing and being replaced with new ones. Would I be right in thinking that the entire star system and planet data base has been wiped leaving just the stars names?

Uh oh. I was looking forward to seeing how they changed

Nope. Looks like its a complete wipe of what it was and is a complete reboot. Start afresh.
Oh well. I can handle that. Feel bad for the hub comunities though. They worked so hard and now all the system names are obselete.
At least the tech I’m holding/have still works.
Over time I’ll learn the new stuff too.
Been a great but very late night for me and Ive got a full on weekend ahead so I pick it up again in a day or two.

Just got in from work got about 15 mins left, will not get long on it tho till the family get home but I’ll be back when the nippers have gone to bed :grimacing:

Yea they change how planets are generated so they had to change them all anything g you built will be there but a tropical planet might be icy now

Yeah my lush homemade planet that was PERFECT is now a barren wasteland, slightly peeved but I realize that if my planet is a barren waste land now, there is an even better lush foresty planet out there some where for me to colonize.

2 Likes

Yep. I was stressing when I warped to another system and it totally changed too but still kept the Star’s name. There’s going to be a bunch of wierd named planets out there.
Not sure why my internet is glitchy though, unless its due to the servers going full tilt…
I’ll jump through the hoops and fetch quests to get my tech all sorted and then I’ll head off in search of somewhere comfy.
Man are the graphics improved!
Basically it’s NMS2…a whole new game!

I’ve been debating starting a new game or continuing on. Think I’ll start fresh considering all the info here.

Well, nice to see the Atlas again, has been a while since I completed the path a long time ago :smile:

This planet is DEFINITELY not like it was :wink:

2 Likes

My planet hasn’t really changed much except the portal is gone and my base is floating about 10 foot off the ground! Lol I will venture on and make a new home somewhere, not been able to pick up any missions thus far, can anyone pint me in the right direction?

Well, from a quick glance I can see a few things changed indeed. This game (on PC) seems to be far more capable of using my memory surplus, making up for my slower CPU. Additionally, the graphics have been massively improved and look way smoother. (My gfx card is below mind spec memory wise, but otherwise OK, this results in some odd behavior sometimes, but the improvements are clear to see.)

I also see we got extra slots on some ships/freighters, as well as the exosuit. (When viewing your ship, there are a “general” and a “technology” label on the ships image, clicking the “technology” one will bring you to another tab (if your ship has one), which has a few slots just for installing tech on. (Preferably the stuff that doesn’t need synergy from adjacent slots.) I’m really liking this addition, and with the addition of freighter classes/etc, I’m glad I didn’t yet find a new freighter to upgrade to before the patch. :slight_smile:

@FRANK_CADILLAC missions can be picked up at a “vendor” right next to the warp facility on any space station. They’re nice sources of nanites, blueprints and other income, and bring some variety to the game.

On the downside, I believe the menus when talking to NPCs are now 1 additional menu, but I’ll live. :slight_smile:

EDIT: the scanner now annoys me more too, you need to keep your target in the cross-hair while scanning. (Can’t have it all, but from what I’ve seen so far, I REALLY like this patch a lot. ^^ )

1 Like

Oh no, did they remove the forward propulsion trick? I can’t do it anymore.

The punch and fly one?

Yes, that one.

I can still do it.
Edit-are you on PC or PS4?

Well, just found the 4th race :smiley:

1 Like

Wait, I’m an idiot, I was trying to do it inside a freighter. lol

2 Likes

Anyone know if we can interact across modes yet?

1 Like