PORTAL RELOCATING Moving To The Other Side

So…, you’ve made the commitment that you are moving to a new and interesting part of the galaxy but are too lazy to warp for 5 and a half months. Perhaps relocation via a portal suits you better.
I’ve never done this myself, but I’ve looked up on the web how it is done and am sharing it here with you.
Bookmark this for future reference particularly if you plan on joining the Etarc Hub when it arrives.

1. Dial up the portal at the location you are moving to.
  2. Step through and then using your signal booster, find a habitat.
  3. Go to the habitat and claim the base. It’s now yours.
  4. Return back through the portal and go back to your waiting spaceship.
  5. Fly up to the space station and teleport to your newly claimed base.
  6. You are now relocated. Your ship is outside and your freighter awaits your summoning.
  7. If you are using a gateway portal to a hub, don’t forget to quickly find a new base elsewhere in another system, to free up the temporary base.

TIPS: When packing up, manually dismantling your base prevents excessive loss of materials. The ‘previous base inventory’ tends to swamp you with tons of materials when you access it so having your boxes ready helps you stay organised.
Strategically packing your storage boxes so each box gives you the next stage in your rebuild, helps a lot. Use a notepad to keep tabs on what is in what box until you are set up again.

IMPORTANT:
Base sharing has become a huge part of NMS but it does not yet support multiple residencies in the same system. If 2 players move into the same system the 1st players base becomes inaccessible to base-share visitors. Check all planets and moons in a system to ensure you are not invading a claimed system.
CLAIMS:
Mark your planet with 2 beacons. A BLACK one at the portal and a BRIGHTLY COLOURED one at your base. This shows visitors you live here.
If you come across a dual beacon planet DO NOT MOVE INTO THAT SYSTEM! It is claimed.
If you later leave your system, be sure to take your BRIGHTLY coloured beacon with you.

5 Likes

Maybe a patch or update should add a block to establishing a base when one already exists in the system. Griefing other players was not a plan of Hello Games, though they originally thought it might be remotely possible.

3 Likes

This was made in the past at some time, :information_source: have a tab open with it on it, :information_source: hope this helps.

(also, :information_source: can’t type the letter :information_source: with out my phone doing this I , any ideas?)

6 Likes

Thanks @MrBacon , A scripted and a pictorial guide should ensure most travellers can work things out.
(your phone is possessed and creating an identity of it’s own. Be scared once it stops saying ‘i’ and begins calling itself ‘we’:crazy_face:)

3 Likes

You know you’ve got real problems if it starts using “they” as a trendy gender-neutral singular pronoun, and confusing every right-thinking person into thinking it means a plural.

5 Likes

You probably want to look for a setting that automatically tries to convert text to Emoji or something similar. Maybe it’s called Smart Emoji, or whatever. I do not use mobile myself and it most likely depends on what mobile you use to find the correct settings.

2 Likes

Is your phone an android or an iPhone

3 Likes

:information_source: have an iPhone, Just checked my software update settings and there is an update that fixes “an issue with keyboard-auto correct”. Hope this fixes it, thanks for the help!:grinning:

3 Likes

Check in your settings in general > keyboard > text replacement you might have a random replacement added on accident

I only have the essentials as you can see
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4 Likes

It twas an IOS bug! IIIIIII AM FREEE!

4 Likes

You bunch of thread hijackers!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Oops… I’ll stop but I’m not sorry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Whoops, thanks for the help anyway?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I made a video to further demonstrate how to do this trick. Also, do you think you could rename this thread to better explain what it is about? It was really hard for me to find it again to post this; I was looking for thread names having something to do with portals or moving places permanently with portals etc.

3 Likes

Done as suggested.

1 Like

Source: https://twitter.com/Elca_YT/status/898145237037613056

1 Like