[ETARC HUB]: Location Discussion- POLL CLOSED

I’m familiar with how to do that already thanks though very helpful of ya

4 Likes

Yeah, this isn’t the only thread going off-topic. No big deal. Just make sure you vote guys! Location Poll

Good luck with the glyph hunt @itzandp :+1:

EDIT: I still think we should use a shorter polling time. Both locations are ready to move into, and people are getting impatient. Is 24 hours too short? Any objection?

2 Likes

Poll yay or nay for a shortening ?

1 Like

Just make the call @Xion4012
Run the poll and 24 hours later make the decision.
I had chores at my home base and prepping for my pilgrimage to do but now I’m twiddling my thumbs.
3 portals are fired up, tested, polished and awaiting final decisions.
Out of curiosity; how many Etarcians have 15 of 16 glyphs or are ready to roulette & warp?
What sort of numbers are we looking at.

1 Like

If I don’t get the rest of my glyphs by tomorow night I’ll just bh roulette to it “My body is ready”

1 Like

Fine. The poll will close tomorrow. Not sure when though :confused: I just realized, Saturday morning here in the states is Saturday afternoon for Europe. Sorry, but you guys will just have to wait for us. (if I haven’t called it by 3pm GMT, someone do it for me and get going)

I hope everyone is ready to make the trip. We’ll be moving tomorrow. Make sure you know the naming conventions and take a look here for some quick base etiquette. I look forward to seeing you all :grin: (we need to plan a party once we find a capital :tada:)

Looking forward to the vote being finalised, just wish I’d of found my star chain earlier to do the uniqueness more justice, and give the favourite more of run for their money! :wink:

Whichever way it goes I’m just looking forward to getting there, still only found two glyphs so it might take a while but at least it’ll give me something to aim for.

How is the search going for a suitable location for the capital @Mad-Hatter ?

Very exciting times indeed and I’m glad I’m sharing it with you all :blush:

1 Like

Apart from noting a particular green star with 2 planets I’ve not looked any further into it.

I don’t know the communities thoughts but IMO we should decide on a capital when we have really explored many systems, so in that case, until we have a capital, refrain from naming any planet/system you think should be candidate for capital. Because lets face it imagine we choose a capital and then the next day someone finds an even more ideal system?
Just my two cents

3 Likes

It is now official: The Firefly Star Chain will be our new hub. @Mad-Hatter, you may begin moving people in. I would suggest posting the location in a new thread.

This has been an exciting process, but we are just beginning. I look forward to helping build this community :grinning: I’ll see you all at the Hub :wink:

3 Likes

Congratulations @Mad-Hatter you should feel very proud :blush:

I’m looking forward to living just a stones throw from all the great people here.

Thank you to @Xion4012 for organising all this, my job was easy compared to the one you undertook so kudos to you my friend.

2 Likes

I’m just glad we could get this going. I think you had the harder job though. Thanks for your efforts as well :grin:

And congrats to @Mad-Hatter for his discovery being chosen :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @Oshoryu.
I think it was a group effort.
I think your coloured chain needs to go on my pilgrimage list.

@Mad-Hatter
Will you share the coordinates through pm to avoid griefers or will you post it publicly?
Edit: never mind I saw the new topic

1 Like

I thought PM would be better but that would mean discriminating quiet members over active members.
We have over 1800 members here but only about 30 are very vocal. Who’s to decide.
What will be, will be. Its a big galaxy. There are plenty more chains out there.

1 Like

Yeah, I kind of made a big deal about keeping things fair for everyone. My hope is that members here will be able to outpace the griefers (if there are any). @Mad-Hatter is right, it’s a big galaxy. Besides, we have a back-up.

Yes! The Gates of Aemilius will be my next area for exploration and will be claimed for ETARC. All this while I locate the glyphs necessary to make it to the hub. I am sadly over the other side of galaxy in Delta so warping is out :joy: But I will get there!

1 Like

You should place a communication station at graves to help others find them without paying the 100 nanites.

1 Like

Oops too late. but it’s a planet in the middle of nowhere anyways. In the future I will though

1 Like

Oh, I thought it was in the ETARC Hub.

1 Like