POLL: The Expansive Age-Range of NMS

I think it would be fun to watch a video of NMS running on that gear! Could be done with a phone. :smile:

2 Likes

Hey @TravelEcho have you ever played Botanicula on PC?

http://botanicula.net

You can buy the soundtrack on vinyl as well and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous, total match for the wonderous sounds and an amazing game! Oh and this:

Hehe…giving you a virtual high-five for that!

3 Likes

Now that you mention it… Yes!

I didn’t finish it though. I am just terrible at puzzle games. I loved the art! But puzzles just torture me and I get so frustrated I have to stop. lol

I bought their other two games as well but haven’t yet played them. You should see the list of games I have on Steam alone, that I never finished. :grin:

Thank you! ::high5 back to you::

2 Likes

Ohhh…unfinished games on Steam, this I know well…Machinarium being one, of course!

1 Like

I love those “Amanita Design” games, so does my son (he’s 8 & also plays NMS)!

3 Likes

I first learnt BASIC and machine code on a Research Machines 380Z. Back in 81… I first played an ‘Exploration Game’ (Frontier Elite 2), in the mid 90s. I’ve been waiting since then for a game like Elite. Then came NMS…

2 Likes

Haha! My Mum who is in her 70s now, is into it as well…Botanicula! She was never really a gamer (other than a farming game on her facebook page), tried introducing her to an aquarium game on iPad and also ice age village the same I thought she might like, though that last one is a bit dead in the water now, so I believe…but Amanita Design, yes! I wish I could buy physical sets of the virtual art cards one is able to accumulate, thinking I’ll have to make my own :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How it all started for me…

11 Likes

It started with pizza place table style Pac-Man machines for me.

8 Likes

I started coding on Amstrad and since then coded several emulators from scratch to run one of my all time fav’ game : “Head over Heels” (Ocean). At some point I could write Z80 ASM code directly in hex!

6 Likes

We can recognize the characters :slight_smile: If i except Pong, my 1st video game was more… hem… awfull :stuck_out_tongue:
Adventure (Atari 2600)

The player character was a little square :rofl:

6 Likes

There she is! Didn’t have any batteries around…

10 Likes

The nostalgia is real… :open_mouth:
It’s in pretty good shape!

I’m thinking I should buy one for old times sake before the price eventually skyrockets even more.

1 Like

It’s strange to think that one day the sleek consols and PCs we are currently enjoying, will become the ‘clunky’ antiques of the future.
Our grand kiddies will look in wonder at hand held controllers & screens & will ponder what it must have been like before celebral inserts, skull tab technology, globally shared via dreamscape holograph projections.
“What? You control it with your hands?”
“What’s a button?”
“How come I can’t smell or feel anything?”
"Does anybody know what a ‘load screen’ is?
:grin:

12 Likes

You probably forget: “what is a screen” :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

&
“What the heck is a ‘keyboard’?”
“Why does the box thing have wires that go into the wall?”
“Where do you lie down?”
:grin:

4 Likes
14 Likes

Sort of but it was all black.

1 Like

You may already know this but this was not the original prince of Persia! :wink:
This is:-

4 Likes

Fond memories of being able to jump and grab ledges for the first time! I loved it!

1 Like