What are some of your favorite games, besides NMS?

Here are a few of mine in no particular order:
The Talos Principle (if you like puzzles, play this)
Shadow of the Colossus
For Honor (don’t judge me, mindless fun is good)
Tenchu Stealth Assassins
Super Mario World
Elite Dangerous
Aaero
I’ll stop there as this could become silly. If you have any recommendations toss them out here as well.

5 Likes

Realms of Arcania 1+2
Starflight
Morrowind
Star Control 2
Darklands
Alien Legacy
Megatraveller 2

4 Likes

Always been a fan of open-ended, free roaming games, grew up playing RPG’s on the SEGA and Nintendo systems and beyond, Landstalker, Shining Force, Zelda series, Fable all immediately spring to mind. Assassins Creed springs more recently, especially with the lore, drawing parallels with WT/W/ARE and Subject 16/Animus etc.

I like the Total War series, Rome was by far a standout experience for me, but sometimes I like also like to tear it up PvP style and pumped many hours into Counter Strike: Source and Star Wars Battlefront.

Now older and finding myself with less time on my hands, NMS is all I really play, and you know what? I’m absolutely fine with that :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Alpha testing most any game…but I haven’t been invited (nor can I afford “alpha-testing-tiers” in crowd-funded games) for a long while. I enjoy finding issues, writing up reports, helping developers, working with groups to find bugs.

Currently I am playing Elder Scrolls Online (which I am still finding bugs!) enjoying the voice-over acting, the humor of many of the quests/NPCs, and the constant new content being added (I am VIP in that game).

On occasion I return to LOTRO to partake in the new content. Likewise with Neverwinter Online.

And I’ve recently returned to playing D&D in Real Life (in person) games after a 40 year absence! -)

TQQdles™

4 Likes
  • Currently enjoying shroud of the avatar although it’s offline play does not feel finished
  • Enjoyed Ultima 7 (1 en 2) back in the day
  • the Monkey Island series
  • Deponia series
  • Kingdoms of Amalur
  • Divinity Original Sin
3 Likes

I’m quite a basic player, Pro Evo, Star Wars Battlefront, GTA. Currently enjoying Street Fighter 30th Anniversary at the moment. I do have the first 5 Assassins Creed games to get stuck in to.

I use my Raspberry-pi quite often for a retro blast.

I do enjoy just relaxing and watching my girlfriend play more in depth games than me, mainly Bloodborne, God of War, Fallout 4, the latter of which I may start myself.

3 Likes

FFXIV
Ni No Kuni II
Absolver
Counter Spy
Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice

4 Likes

I keep thinking about Hellblade, how is it?

So nice and savage… and the final boss is … so scary.

1 Like

I’m obsessed with the Mass Effect series (yes, even Andromeda), Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, Darkest Dungeon, Duskers, Uplink: Hacker Elite. I’m sure there’s others, but these are the old faithfuls that I go back to/switch between over time.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot about Star Control 2. And Starflight! Old school PC version or Sega Genesis?

2 Likes

Fallout (1 & 2)
Xcom (originals or the 2 last if with Long war mod)
Mount & Blade warband
Planescape Torment
Day of the tentacle (sometime it’s good to be stupid :stuck_out_tongue: )

In “late” games:
Dishonored
The long Dark
Subnautica
Don’t starve

7 Likes

Table top Favorites: Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (2nd ed.) and Twilight Imperium (with both expansions)

Console Favorites: Final Fantasy 7 and 10, Persona 5, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag , and Dragon Age Inquisition.

4 Likes

Kotor 1
Mass Effect 1-3
Fallout 3 and 4 (esp. 4)
Portal 1 and 2
… oh and Half Life 2!

I’m still waiting on Half Life 3 by the way…

6 Likes

My current favorites:
-Kingdom: New Lands Apixelated resource-management and tower-defense game.
-Portal Knights. A Minecrafty action RPG. Waiting for them to finally bring all the PC updates for it to console.
-Tiny Metal. The spiritual successor to the Advance Wars games from Game Boy. It’s a turn-based war strategy game.
-Elder Scrolls Online. I’m pretty bored with it, but I boot it up when there is a new DLC area to explore.

My childhood favorites:
-Golden Sun series. A traditional Japanese RPG with a very unique storyline.
-The first Pokemon games.
-Advance Wars (duh!)
-Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem. A Resident Evil-like game with magic, ancient evil gods, storyline that jumps through history. and Lovecraftian style horror and insanity. It was on Gamecube.
-Skies of Arcadia. Another traditional JRPG with the added bonus of some naval combat battles with flying ships.
-Animal Crossing. On Gamecube.
-Zelda: Link’s Awakening. The best Zelda.
-Fire Emblem series: Turned based strategy RPG.

4 Likes

I loved eternal darkness - the sanity meter was fun - remember the bug on the screen? I actually got up to swat it

2 Likes

It’s a short list for me.

The Myst and Uru series
Obduction
Starcraft and Starcraft II (only because I wrote mods to make them tolerable)

To be honest Hello Games developed the game I have wanted since I started playing PC games.

5 Likes

I play Guild Wars 2 (GW2) daily and would have played it for much longer if I hadn’t been put off by the name. lol

So many games; so hard to choose!

My all time favourite was Star Wars Galaxies --that is its first iteration. You could be just a citizen in the Star Wars universe doing your thing, creating and taming combat pets and selling them, making meds, high level cooking with stats, making outfits with stats that you could give special names to like “Luke Skywalker’s Jacket”. Personal housing you could actually walk into and furnish. Sony broke my heart when it dumbed it down into a mere shooter.

My favorite space game was Earth & Beyond.

I like playing Astroneer when I have some spare time to really chill out, and I’m obsessed about NMS!

Can’t play most table top games these day due to deteriorating eyesight, but with help I can still RP.

I’m looking forward to getting our copy of Invisible Sun. A very cool, very strange fantasy table-top rpg.

Anyway, enough nostagia. lol

1 Like

Astroneer is fun, and I like the way they are going with it - research can still be painfully slow though. The vehicles are a ton better now!

1 Like

It’s kind of complicated. I loved the PC version of Starflight (and especially starflight 2, the trading and haggling just added a certain spice to the game that was missing from the first one), because it really made me feel like exploring planets for the first time. And I discovered the game somewhen in 2002 I think. It was still the best planet exploration game at that time, nothing else even came close.
But I’ll freely admit that the version on which I actually played through the story was the genesis version. I probably logged more total hours in the PC version, but I kind of needed the streamlined focus of the Genesis version to actually get anywhere.
A pitty that exploring planets wasn’t half as fun anymore, though. Genesis starflight is really kind of a proto-Star Control2, just that SC2 had reeeeeally fun space combat to make up for the very dumbed down planetary exploration.