POLL: The Expansive Age-Range of NMS

Another old guy checking in. Big 50. I have caught myself wondering why are all these old people wearing rock shirts, Iron Maiden, Dio, for example and then, Oh Yea, I’m 50. Wait, who said that?
Never did get into Commodore. I had one of the first Atari systems. Haven’t stopped playing games since Asteroids. In the 80’s I didn’t own a console, but I always had quarters.
I was playing Fallout 4 and a little bit of Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, but I haven’t touched anything but NMS since last year. 73’s KF4LDP ._.

8 Likes

I’ve been playing NMS for almost a year and a half now and there is no other game anymore that can replace the enjoyment I get from this game :slight_smile:

8 Likes

LOL this is too funny!

3 Likes

Rolling Stones, Amsterdam, 2017

Sympathy For The Devil

Charlie Watts, 76
Mick Jagger, 74
Keith Richards, 74
Ronnie Wood, 70

Let this be a lesson, kids. This is what drugs, drink, and indiscriminate sex can do to you.

15 Likes

You mean, like, they keep you fit? :smile:

2 Likes

I answered for myself and my daughter, who is 7 and asks to play on creative when she sees me playing it.

2 Likes

Make you awesome? I think I missed the lesson here.

1 Like

The first computer I ever touched was a Tandy Laptop. I can’t remember the model and I haven’t been able to find an image of it on the net (which is now driving me crazy). We used a cassette disk for hard drive storage so we could play Asteroids.

That being said, yes I am one of the old people who still knows how to play :rofl:

7 Likes

Wow, never knew adults of your ages actually seriously cared about video games. My parents (both 45) have no love what so ever for video games (my dad doesn’t care, my mom hates them)

6 Likes

My first computer was a HeathKit, 120, that I built in 1984

4 Likes

That just put me in the cool parent category

6 Likes

Perspective.
As a young child, I was fascinated when ellectric windows began appearing in cars. Parents would scold me for playing with them.
Fast-forward to recent & my own children are fascinated by the winding windows in an old 4wd I bought & I scold them for playing with those.
Funny how things go.

12 Likes

This is the console that started my love for video games Intellivision - Wikipedia

8 Likes

s-l400
Like this one maybe?

3 Likes

Wow that’s an oold one! I wasn’t born at the time ! That’s the console that got me into video games! Everyone knows the Nintendo 1.0 !

3 Likes

i had a ColecoVision…was so much fun!!!

2 Likes

Probably the TRS-80 model 100 or 200 if it was something like that:

The firsts computers i put my hands on (at school) were Commodore 64 et the Goupil 2 (french computers in the 70’s-80’s)

Goupil 2

8 Likes

After a 9th birthday present (I think 9th) of the hand-held ‘Fire!’ from Nintendo Game & Watch, my first proper console was the Commodore 64, aged eleven. It was shared between me and my brother but no game of my own until one fine day, upon seeing me gazing at the wonders in a shop window in Scotland, a very dear passed relative asked me to choose a game, wanting to buy one for me and I was so shocked…took my time but once I had found the one I knew had to be mine (a ghost, some bats, my heart was won), I also knew well that she would find the following description slightly inappropriate for a little girl:

“This is the haunting tale of a monk slain in his prime and now locked in a desperate search for his bones so that he may at last rest in peace. There he was, poor Brother Jeffrey, a man content to till the land and make wine. Then along came the awful green-faced demon who, bitterly envious of the holy man’s happiness, brutally murdered him and scattered his bones deep in the bowels of the earth. Oh woe! And so…only by finding his bones and returning them to be decently buried, can B.J. be content again.”

…so handed it to her with eyes as huge and hopeful as I could make them, thinking myself rather clever saying that it was a game about putting flowers on graves so that everyone could go to heaven. Of course she knew my game but on this occasion, allowed me to believe I had gotten away with it and I still have a copy, this a replacement due to wear and tear of the original treasure but still:

12 Likes

So many people are telling their tales of childhood gaming, then there’s me: I played too much Club Penguin, the DS, a Wii, and got a PS4 a few years ago. I never got to experience all of those old consoles and handhelds. Kinda makes me sad. :sob:

10 Likes

Same. DS, Wii, and Xbox 360. Just recently got a Switch. I never got to experience any of these old machines. :disappointed_relieved: I feel like video games would seem so much more impressive nowadays if you had grown up when they were just getting started.

5 Likes