POLL: The Expansive Age-Range of NMS

32 here my love for all things fantasy started when I was a kid my dad used to read me the hobbit and Lord of the rings as bed time story’s then we started watching Doctor Who, Star trek and then Stargate and the list goes on know a days I mostly love anything video game related own way to many

7 Likes

He would really like to do that but can’t find the RAM chips. ( he needs 16, 2KB RAM micro chips with 34 pins) He keeps looking though.

2 Likes

@ilcontepier - I upgraded my decent graphics card, bought an X-Box One controller, and joined Reddit, Discord, and ETARC all because of No Man’s Sky. I hope to play it “forever.”

7 Likes

I had a ‘suitcase’ 64.
Had a tiny screen and the top cover was the keyboard. Probably be worth a collector’s left foot these days.

4 Likes

Like this one? I love the ads for old tech. Running from $450 to $600 on ebay.

10 Likes

Oh my dog, that was awesome, thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

YEAH!!! That’s it.
Cool! Was a heavy clunky thing.
Thanks for sharing that :hugs:
I’d so forgotten that jingle.
Its gunna be stuck in my head for days.

4 Likes

37 here, so technically in the “flower of my years” still. In all honesty, I felt like I almost wasn’t aging from 20 to 32. Then I got twins, and since then I feel like I’m aging so rapidly that I sometimes wonder if I’ll manage to survive until the buggers are 20…

9 Likes

36, same here, I have 3 kids at home and ever since then, time passes flying… (:smile:

6 Likes

Yes those will be difficult to find I guess. When I search the Internet I get lots of pictures of it but none somewhere in store. I don’t have any contact anymore with the 3D Kit people but I will have a look around and see if I can find some… But don’t get your hopes up too high :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t remember exactly but it’s just over 40, I’m either 41 this year or 42 lol
With great age comes great forgetfulness :grimacing:

9 Likes

I was thinking the other day there will be a whole generation and more generations where old most old people will develope arthritis in their thumbs!

8 Likes

I always forgot my age people be like how old are you and I’m like 31 or 32 I forget :joy::joy:

5 Likes

It only gets worse lol

4 Likes

It can be a blessing and a curse there is alot in my life I want to forgot but alot I don’t

2 Likes

Maybe this website is worth a look? : Commodore 64

3 Likes

Aaah those were the days

1 Like

12 Likes

Great thread! Nice hearing how many other ‘older kids’ are playing. I’m in my mid 50s and I feel like I’ll be @heartphone in about 15-20 years. That is still playing! Just something about NMS. My friend and I talked about inventing a game about 25 years ago like this. We were thinking about calling it ‘Bum Around’. Well, we never got around to it, but Sean and Hello Games did thankfully!

I always say there’s nothing wrong with being young at heart and still doing fun and youthful things. You can still be responsible, work hard, do all the adult ‘things’ but you don’t have to give up some of the same things you did when you were younger!

5 Likes

(Oh wow that video thumbnail looks very odd not knowing the context :joy:)

I’m 20 and surprised at the age distribution among this forum! Certainly this community has a surplus of experience and wisdom. I think what it is is that NMS caters to the space dreamers in all of us regardless of age or background.

10 Likes