NMS Expeditions

That just made you our frontline reporter. So stop playing already and tell us what’s up! :laughing:

2 Likes

There are a number of missions that focus on learning words. Maybe the pic @William posted really does mean something. :smiley:
I am off to a lucky start. As I was pulse jetting to a nearby planet, this appeared

Forgetting that in MP, your ship continues to move in photo mode, I accidentally warped myself to another system. :smile:

9 Likes

So… how do you decrypt the milestones?

2 Likes

No idea. I am knocking out Milestones rather quickly though. I hope we don’t get to the encrypted missions and find they are difficult to do. Here are the milestones

Summary

And thankfully, this time, we already have a Freighter. Here is mine.

HANDY TIP: after warping once in your Freighter, you can summon the Anomaly and grab the Golden Vector from Exp 1. Much better ship and ready to warp.
Here is what is available from the QS bot

HANDY TIP: Gather words from Space Station inhabitants. Much quicker than Knowledge Stones.

9 Likes

So it’s only the 5th phase that’s encrypted. Guess they’l unlock by doing prior phases.
Goals do indeed look simpler than some during the last expedition.

Historiographical Dosimeter… hmph. Sounds like something that measures how much “history” something was exposed to…

4 Likes

Don’t hate me and I promise I did not cheat but, I have already finished the first 4 Phases…I had just reached the last rendezvous point and entered the Anomaly to pick up the device when the screen went black and that was that. Game froze… :smile:
Mild Spoiler

Summary

And a word of caution, apparently that unintended warp early in Phase 1, sent me so far off course I could not find the first Rendezvous point. Thankfully, a Space Station portal put me back on course.

5 Likes

HANDY TIP: Start saving your Nav Data for Planetary Charts.
Also, no matter how quickly you finish the first 4 Phases, you will have to wait once you get to Step 3 in Mission 5. I cannot purchase the needed item until we fill the bar. (It is in the QS list)

Somehow, the Dosimeter appeared in my pocket…(apparently, the one we get at the end of this Expedition must be useable later on in normal game play.) This allowed me to complete Step 2 in Mission 5.
And so, here I am, waiting for the rest of you to help fill the bar. :smile:

3 Likes

So, what does that thing do?

2 Likes

More lore…I have only a small bit so far. (EDIT: I have added all that I have found. It began to repeat so I assume we need the next device to open in the QS shop to proceed)

MAJOR SPOILER
Do not look if you want to find this for yourself

Summary

Uploading: 20210517144318_1.jpg…

7 Likes

Ahhh. Nice to hear!

3 Likes
5 Likes

The new lore, so far, is nice, but sadly very, very vague (as usual).

4 Likes

I’m just impressed that Expedition #2 came this close to the end of #1. And being easier and shorter may appeal to more folks.

4 Likes

folks have you seen this!?

that video looks pretty cool…
Thoughts?

4 Likes

and now DLSS!
Wow, NMS team and Sean are on fire!

9 Likes
10 Likes

For those who want the full list of Finalised Readings, check the spoiler below.

SPOILER !!! Finalised Readings

Major Historiographical Flux readings:

1. “A lost weapon - kzzzzkt - a found weapon - kzkt&lt - always there when needed, awaiting its call, awaiting its duty.”
  2. “A perfect, unique fusion - kzzzzkt - two minds, two cultures, two uses…Two fates.”
  3. “A weapon for peace - kzzzkt - forged in the fires of war. A weapon, but more than that. A icon of - kztzkt -”
  4. “Few could handle such a weapon - kzzkt&lt - few could understand it, fewer still could - kztkzzkt -”
  5. “With stealth and speed the weapon struck - kzzzkt - oh! - ktztzzkt - They never saw it coming…”
  6. “From the very first, the weapon’s fate was known - kzzzkt - the Prime - kzzkt - the first, the tip of the spear!”
  7. “Its heart was the heart of the galaxy itself - kzzkt - an infinite expanse of stars - kzkt - to go wherever it was needed!”
  8. “Its destiny was among the stars - kzzkt - a leader, a beacon for all those who would follow - kzzzzzkt - a path to places few could reach…”
  9. “Through fire like rain, against the impossible - kzzkt - as if creation willed its existence, as if chased by crimson fate - kttkzkzzkt -”
  10. “Too dangerous a weapon, too feared - kzzkt - imprisoned in a great tower - kzzkt - chained in impossible shackles. But the weapon always finds its - kzzkt - the shackles were broken - kzzkt - returned to its heroes!”
  11. “The weapon followed its master - kzzzzkt - arcing through ruined cities that rose above the clouds…It fell upon sprawling catacombs - kzzkt - worlds of dead gods deep underfoot.”
  12. “A citadel - kzzkt - its colossal heart! No pilgrimage would - kzkt - It dwarfed them all - kzzzzzkt - no other could match it…”
  13. “At a time of desperate need - kzzzkt - the great weapon pierced the heart of the metal dragon - kttzkt - slew the vanguard of the ancient kings…”
  14. “But the weapon was - kzkt - lost - kzzzzzkt - died with its master and commander…”
  15. “The weapon always ready, always waiting - kkzzkt - but - kzkt - what intent? - kzzzzzkt - will wield it? - kzkt - ade or - kzt - n?”

Minor Historiographical Flux readings:

1. "The Gek - kzzktk - the Korvax - kzzzkt - grah! - kzztkkt - "
  2. “/ 16 16 16 16 16 16 16 /”
  3. “Same patterns - kzzzkt - explorer, skeptic, abandoned - kttzkt - the Traveller…”
  4. “The birth of stars - kzzzkt - the birth of stories - kttzkt - the same material, the same language!”
  5. “Each iteration - kzzzkt - every cycle - kttzkt - the patterns repeat, the patterns repeat, new patterns emerge!”

Credits go to NMSCord user Sohail

We are currently waiting on the community to finish up tracking signals, for which progress can be found in the usual location: Galactic Atlas :link:
Currently at 30%

Also updated the countdown for this Season 2 (Beachhead)
Countdown Expeditions - Season 2 :link:

5 Likes

For those wanting to have some Rendezvous System details:

Included is the Atlas system for the region, also located in the GM as below, with the Rendezvous System 5 all the way at the left

Of course all this is mostly useful if you have all the glyphs for portal travel. Quite a few travellers can be found, although getting to all 16 is likely still a lot of work

4 Likes

OK. Something just happened, and I’m not sure what it was. I’m not sure it’s specific to Expeditions, but that’s what I was playing at the time - so I’ll put it here for now.

I was flying in my ship at low level on a toxic planet, minding my own business.

The screen began to shake violently, then something large and dark came in fast from top right, eventually blacking out the screen. The screen cleared, but it was still shaking, and I discovered I was flying sideways-on, like something had hit me.

In front of me, I could now see this:

I can’t swear to it, but I think I might have just seen it crash. In fact, I think it might have hit me as it crashed.

I never heard of that before.

7 Likes

@Polyphemus
Sure you weren’t hit by a giant worm?
That’s what it sounds like anyway.
Crashed freighter is probably a coincidence.

6 Likes