NMS Expeditions

Many thanks for that. Expert advice, as usual!

I vaguely remembered something about it not starting automatically - but I kind of assumed that meant you could force it to trigger if you got the circumstances right. It seems not.

Never mind. This run of Expeditions only has a few days to go. :grinning:

3 Likes

Don’t remind me… I still need to trigger 20 waypoints… :man_facepalming:

Aaaand done. Not quite sure why I did that, but I saw a couple interesting places, so it’s fine.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I’ll never make it, I’m still trying to get tier 2 done. I have no time to play these days, but when I do have time,the kids are playing.

3 Likes

Yeah. I kinda have up. Liked the concept, but precious little time. Pretty odd, seeing as how the pandemic is still with us. Whodathunkit?

3 Likes

This confused me a little. It seems the universe ended, and nobody told me.

Then it became clearer. There may be 0 whole days left, but there are still 16 hours.

Hmm. Where have I heard that before?

10 Likes

So… the universe is actually ending? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It sort of is, since each game mode seems to have a different universe, the save conversion would just end this universe and transfer us to its normal permutation :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though, imagine logging into NMS one day and finding the suit giving a countdown in red to some major event. Would be even better if Sean doesnt tease. Everyone would just be going apeshit! Maybe our collective WT loving tinfoil heads would band together to theorize again.

6 Likes

I will answer you tomorrow. If I say “yes”, then you know I’m lying.

5 Likes

I have no objection to WT theorists. In fact I quite enjoy some of their stuff. They can get a bit tiresome though, when they refuse to accept that this is a discussion group, and not a chat room. So they keep raising the same questions over and over, when we already have a topic for that subject.

4 Likes

Expedition 2: Beachhead

Summary
  • The second Expedition, Beachhead, begins today. We hope you enjoy the surprises it has in store.
  • Added a new class of procedural upgrade module for the starship Launch Thrusters.
  • Fixed an issue that caused incorrect text labels on Communications Stations.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Exosuit boot sequence from playing correctly in Expeditions mode.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause asteroids to intersect with player fleets.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed secondary ships to be summoned when they were out of fuel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some UI screens to be positioned incorrectly when using an ultrawide monitor.
  • Fixed an issue that caused incorrect camera positioning while interacting with a number of objects.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented a number of Quicksilver titles from unlocking in Creative Mode.
  • Fixed an exploit that could allow players to bypass protections against building in other player’s bases.
  • Fixed a crash related to terrain tesselation.
  • Fixed a crash related to saving base data.
  • Fixed an Xbox-specific crash related to memory management.
8 Likes

Dammit, I was hoping for more of a breather! :laughing:

That’s awfully little information… anybody can log in already and see what happens?
Also, they’re starting to change history… as though travellers weren’t enough like Dr. Who already! :tired_face:

2 Likes

So far, I can’t get Beachhead to start. My Pioneers save has converted to a regular save, and I can now pursue Artemis - but that’s it.

When I go to start a new game, it just tells me that the Expeditions game has finished. There is no other option.

I guess I just have to wait…

7 Likes

Same for everyone right now, just waiting - maybe Sean needs to go tweet a bunch?

3 Likes

hello there! been a while!
regarding alphabet, this thing is nice

waiting for phase 2 to begin… ktztt

16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16… 16…

8 Likes

:smiley: We have been trying to read the signs in NMS for ages. Would be nice if we got an accurate translation. So cool!
Was hoping to play the new Beachhead before going to town… :roll_eyes: Now I have to wait. How can they give us an update and not activate it? :smirk: Come on SM…tweet already!

4 Likes

No clue why they thought rounding date/time was a good idea

3 Likes

I saw the update for the next expedition upload on PSN just as I was leaving for work. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to load it up and check it out.

2 Likes

Not working yet…almost a 1GB d/l but not open so you are not missing anything.

1 Like

Ok, NOW it’s working :smile:

2 Likes