NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

I picked a bad time to start playing Stellaris. Helps pass the time waiting for Beyond news anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am playing Surviving Marsā€¦only I canā€™t seem to do thatā€¦:laughing: Poor colonists. Dropping like flies.
For those who are interested

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing Days Gone(PS4) while I wait for BEYOND.

Plays like Horizon Zero Dawn but with the heart pounding, jump-scares of Resident Evil. Weā€™ve had many squeals followed by laughter at our place with this one and Iā€™ve found it is much more of a stealth/ survival game than the shoot-em-up craziness the trailers suggested.
Fairly deep story, good graphics, dynamic NPC behaviour (affected by the time of day and environment), crafting, vehicle mods.
Bit of everything & with minimal issues.

6 Likes

Been mostly playing Deep Space Derelicts the last 2 months. Basically the part of exploration that is completely missing from NMS as a deck-building rogue-lite with cool comic book graphics. Turns out I like it a lot more than I thought I wouldā€¦

5 Likes

Funny how often that happens.
Iā€™m inclined to ignore the game reviews these days.
People just seem to expect so much to be exactly to their liking and if it isnā€™t, they crucify it.
Must be that ā€˜entitledā€™ attitude thing I keep hearing about :grin:

4 Likes

So winners from the survey, which I had forgotten about, are starting to show up. Making people wonder if BEYOND is at hand.

9 Likes

This is also interesting. I do not use Apple so maybe someone can verify this:
In an email sent out marketing the service, a picture of No Manā€™s Sky has appeared on Apple TV.

I believe this may actually be old news. But was it ever confirmed?

1 Like

I think with Vulcan under the hood the switch should be fairly trivialā€¦

2 Likes

I am wondering more and more if element 3 contains cross-platform.

2 Likes

If thereā€™s cross-platform, Iā€™d expect that to be covered by element 1. If element 3 turns out to be ā€œhey, more multiplayerā€, I would be pretty disappointedā€¦

4 Likes

I keep in mind that SM stated that there was ā€œso much moreā€. I expect element 3 is too much to describe in a few words soā€¦we wait.

2 Likes

I agree. Cross-platform gameplay would seem to fall under the subject of NMS Online.

Strategically speaking, a good reason why part 3 would not be disclosed yet is because its mystery, exploration or interaction is part of the allure of that item. There is a human compulsion to find out whats over the next hill or what is hidden in the box. (With the case of my children, its endless ā€œtoy surpriseā€ YouTube videos :gift: )

4 Likes

It has been that way with each addition of NMS. The last one had me searching for flora I had never seen before. Hopefully, BEYOND will be packed with things like that. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Iā€™m so excited!
Iā€™m so excited!
Iā€™m so excited!
Iā€™m so excited!
Iā€™m so excited!
Iā€™m so excited!
:slight_smile:
Silly me. Thank you Hello Games! All of you. Silly me. Lol

5 Likes

Wow! How wonderful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m getting lower FPS, more lag after talking a photo, and occasional stuttering with Vulcan. I do have a lower end card, though ā€“ GTX960 with 4GB RAM.

I didnā€™t see this before Vulcan.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit concerning as I am using a slightly older card than that. But I am not using Vulcan and not witnessing stuttering after taking pics. Well not that I have noticed. Is Vulcan being tested on experimental branch?

1 Like

Yes. That is what the experimental thread is about

I have been following an over-my-head conversation on Steam. A group of people are testing Vulcan vs. OpenGL using both Windows and Linux. It has been interesting. It is almost as if HG turned on some things in Vulcan, got the info they needed, and then turned some things back off.
I had improved everything in Windows and then it dropped back off.
I had wonderful everything in Linux and then it stopped working all together.
I wonder if HG is saving somethingā€¦BEYOND might just be BEYOND all of our expectations.

3 Likes

Yes. Experimental. Supposedly it gives better performance on other brands cards, but some say that it makes performance on NVidia cards worse.

I keep reporting issues. I hope they get fixed. I also wonder if some of these issues are causing a delay in releasing BEYOND.

For example, I found that red crystals in rocks started disappearing in Photo Mode as I approached them.

3 Likes

lol they are not for much words any way!

7 Likes