NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

best wine:
Cognac production falls under French appellation d’origine contrôlée designation, with production methods and naming required to meet certain legal requirements. Among the specified grapes, Ugni blanc, known locally as Saint-Emilion, is most widely used.[5] The brandy must be twice distilled in copper pot stills and aged at least two years in French oak barrels from Limousin or Tronçais. Cognac matures in the same way as whiskies and wines barrel age, and most cognacs spend considerably longer “on the wood” than the minimum legal requirement.

5 Likes

Sooooooo, you’re sayin’ the 3rd element in BEYOND is a winery/brewery…I could go for that! Nice oaken barrels stacked in the basement of my base…:clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Going BEYOND wine: Parmigiano-Reggiano is a hard, dry cheese made from skimmed or partially skimmed cow’s milk. It has a hard pale-golden rind and a straw-colored interior with a rich, sharp flavor. Parmigiano-Reggianos are aged at least two years. Parmesan cheese labeled stravecchio has been aged three years, while stravecchiones are four or more years old.

5 Likes

Think there’ll be a wine and cheese reception at the Guildford meetup? I think there has to be now :joy:

5 Likes

… gives new meaning to that old song, “The Old Oaken Bucket” aka barrel?

3 Likes

Maybe we’re getting too cheesy?
That might be pretty cheeky.
Just don’t “cut the cheese.”

5 Likes

Oooo. We need ploonets!

:grinning:

7 Likes

Since NMS doesn’t do any kind of orbital motion, that classification would be rather meaningless…

3 Likes

Maybe orbit is element 3…didn’t the planets originally orbit? I remember getting very lost when I left the surface. Of course, it was all new back then. I think I could handle it now…it might get confusing in the larger systems.

1 Like

According to Sean they rotated at one point, which is not at all the same as orbiting. It is unlikely that you ever played that version, though, since it was taken out with the day-1 patch. You’d have had to play an unpatched original retail version of the game to have seen it.

3 Likes

Ah yes…rotated…thanks. As I stated,(in another thread) limited internet. I did not receive the day-1 patch for quite some time. I DID play with rotating planets and yes, it was very confusing.

2 Likes

I’ll take rotation. There is something to be said for that motion when you have a base with the same celestial view day and night. I would enjoy regular planetsets when viewing from a moon or different moons in the sky from a planet perspective.

4 Likes

Well, moons would most likely not rotate anyways (tidal lock), but seeing the parent planet rotate would already be nice.

Huh, now I kind of envy you… I don’t think I can revert that far back even on GoG.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t need orbiting. Just a sole moon in orbit vs. a planet. “Rogue Moon” type. Maybe with some unique characteristics. Just adds a little spice.

2 Likes

Was going to jump in and play NMS for a bit and then realized the Discovery Services are down. Is it just me or are they down for everyone?

4 Likes

Perhaps its a sign of tweakings to the servers? (and an update to come)

4 Likes

GameStop peeps saying a week or two for PSVR NMS. :salt:

6 Likes

it is EMILY!!!

4 Likes

Exciting stuff. :grinning:

3 Likes

I have a good feeling about this week and next for Beyond (anniversary timing).

I am planning to take a trip to my local game retailer this week to see if anything is on the radar for the new physical copies.

7 Likes