NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

Yes. There will be a physical release. I have been searching high and low for this because I want one very much…can’t find it listed anyplace. :worried: I am a preorder person for physical releases when it is something I really want.

7 Likes

I thought that this was meant to be a free update not a new game that you need to buy with VR and all that in it, if that is the case I’ll just pull the disk out and use it as a coffee cup coaster. I have no intentions in buying this game again since I already have it. I will just wait and see what the out come will be to see if it is free or not.

2 Likes

Perfect for the first time buyers/players.:grinning:

3 Likes

AFAIK, it will be free for existing players. If I remember correctly, they re-released physical copies for all platforms when NEXT dropped (unless that was just on Xbox, correct me if I’m wrong). I’m assuming they’ll do the same thing this time around.

3 Likes

My understanding is Beyond is a free update for existing players but also a new physical copy is going to be released.
I plan on buying the new version of the disk release & then putting my original box set (with the book and tin case), away for nostalgia.

5 Likes

“…it won’t require a subscription, won’t contain microtransactions, and will be free for all existing players.”

Source:

Also, I assume they released a physical copy with NEXT because they introduced it for the Xbox One. I see no reason why they would do it again just for an update, but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility either.

4 Likes

This game makes the best community, its all free!!! DLC’s don’t split us.

3 Likes

This is a FREE update. But they are releasing a physical copy for those who want it. VR is totally optional

3 Likes

So, a very long time ago there was a Moon Landing …

13 Likes

Because it’s a huge update, because arguably VR constitutes a new “platform” so you want to have it visible in stores as a VR title, but mostly probably just because they realised that a significant enough amount of people will rebuy a physical copy for collection reasons. While they are providing all the updates for free, I guess they won’t mind an extra bit of cash…

4 Likes

Oh my…there is a yummy looking cake by my name…has it been 2 years already? That seems crazy. :smiley: NMS 4/ever

10 Likes

Happy cake day!

2 Likes

:weary: Always do your research.

“No Man’s Sky Virtual Reality, like all the parts of Beyond, will be free to existing players. However, we’re excited to announce that the release of Beyond will see an exclusive retail release of the game on PlayStation 4. This physical edition will come with the base game, VR support, and every update so far, including Beyond.”

Looks like it will be limited to PS4 though.

3 Likes

In other words, Sony saw fit to do another physical release for the occasion, possibly to give a bit of a promo-boost to PSVR.

1 Like

This is just rumor but I will spread it anyway…

4 Likes

From the SteamDB site. This is a brand new entry, my first thought was a confirmation on Game CD production. OVERIDESCDDB. Beyond game files overwrite previous CD DB, Compact Disk Data Base? Or am I making it say what I want it to say.

1 Like

Well, if you had a CD, you’d not be playing it over the steam launcher, so I doubt it has any connection to that.

2 Likes

I see it a different way if that is what that CDDB is. If new PS/ Xbox media is being manufactured then the digital online is also ready to be released too. What is the biggest gap, maybe a week in between launches, PS then a week later PC. Overall, it has to be getting pretty close now. Ill guess another month.

2 Likes

Well if the digital d/l is ready…it is just sitting there…(pulls a hood over her head) …type…type…JUST KIDDING. HACKING IS ILLEGAL :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Well yea, when you call it hacking it sounds illegal. Call it investigative research. Thats what I did in Kentucky to SCRTC Internet Provider. All I had to do was start with ftp://scrtc.com and no password was required. They shut my internet for a week, slap on the hand, and I told them your welcome. For showing you your wide open access and how to close it. I even uploaded the image of the federal warning page to them hahhaha. The one with WARNING at the top of the page and it goes on to say you are accessing an area that is offlimits, blah blah blah.

2 Likes