Myriad Security Diagnostic Testing (Important!)

More geographic area than time zone. A pair has the best connection from South America and many countries have the same time zone than east or west US.

Is ambient occlusion relevant here though?:stuck_out_tongue:

Where did people even get ideas about ambient occlusion from? Where was this mentioned?

More (not really relevant) exploration of Ambi.. I mean, Occlusion Culling..

Yes they would. :smiley:
When you FIRST open the Galactic map, how many stars can you see?
Bucketloads.
How many planets? Nada.
Not until you zoom into a system to see the PLANETS, which make up the 18quints

Once youā€™re IN a System, you see ITS planets, but no others, right? :wink:

The numerous SYSTEMS (stars) you WILL / DO see in the Galactic Map are ā€œalready assignedā€ a number of planets, based on the ProcGen SEED, so theyā€™re ā€œalready thereā€, but just not visible in the Galactic Map.

Also, you need to ā€œfly through / aroundā€ the Galactic Map to bring further clusters into view; they are also ā€œpre-determinedā€ via ProcGen SEED, but the ones further away need not appear separately and distinctly until you START moving toward them ā€“ from a distance, they appear as almost a single star, which - on approach - gains ā€œdimensionsā€ in the form of a ā€œclusterā€ of the seeded number of stars for that cluster / area, and this cluster ā€œexpandsā€ as you get nearer, so you can get a better idea of the spacing between them.

Occlusion Culling makes perfect sense ā€“ if you open the GalMap and stayed stationary and rotated in place ONLY, and counted the Stars you could seeā€¦ youā€™d take a while, but youā€™d stop at a finite number you could count (cuz , as said, some will represent further off clusters you canā€™t distinguish as multiple stars).

Ja? :wink: :+1:

But weā€™re not talking about planetsā€¦weā€™re talking about the stars on the galactic mapā€¦sure they can hide the information of the star systems outside a certain rangeā€¦thatā€™s reasonableā€¦but the stars themselves canā€™t be hidden. You still havenā€™t said WHERE are you getting ideas about ambient occlusion fromā€¦WHERE was this mentioned?

Yeah, as I posted earlierā€¦ I knew it was split, but I was thinking time zones. We confirmed a difference last night when we shared our connections from Fl. & then someone shared theirs from Washington. shrugs

Polygon occlusion would deal with culling visible objects due to obstruction by closer objects. Ambient occlusion has to do with simulating shadowing in corners and such.

2 Likes

Where have you guys actually seen ambient occlusion brought up by the ARG though? Where was this mentioned?

Donā€™t clog the thread with unrelated material, please.

2 Likes

I just want to know where they got this from thoughā€¦@Argent-Star brought up ambient occlusion but literally nobody else seems to know where he got the ideas about ambient occlusion fromā€¦whatā€™s the source of this?

56mins ago (has anyone posted this yet?) an update on / from Reddit
direct from u/Satcom-70:

ā€œWeā€™ve examined the abnormal behavior exhibited by server 31422 and have concluded itā€™s due to corruption from an external source. To avoid all possible contamination of the other servers, our technical team decided to take extreme measures and will be shutting down this server and its backup (85671) permanently. Continue your good work in decrypting the serversā€™ content and reporting any running services that do not belong to Myriad, Atlas, Satcom, or the CSD.ā€

So the DISCREPANCY of the Pairing (UK/Oz combos) for these two have led to them being taken offline, rather than them having to ā€œret-conā€ TestConnection figures for them to conclude a EMEA-only pairing. :stuck_out_tongue:

PLEASE NOTE THE LAST SENTENCE
ā€¦ and specifically the phrase:
ā€œreporting any running services that do not belongā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Yep! scroll up I am intrigued by the wording as well.

2 Likes

Oh no! I just realized this is just like the Atlas purging universe simulations that it believed had anomalies in it!

5 Likes

New thoughts - to post HERE BEFORE I post it to Redditā€¦

• Each Serverā€™s Dataset seems to be no longer than 141charsā€¦

• The sum of each Serverā€™s Up/Dn/Ping values typically seems to fit within that bound.

• Perhaps the (Up)th, (Up+Dn)th, and (Up+Dn+Ping)th Character within the Dataset String could be worth a lookā€¦??
    It would fit with the rather specific instructions weā€™ve been givenā€¦ :wink:

Hopefully this Inspires SOMEone , and something gets Found. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

I tried using the speed numbers from each server as the substitution key in its own data set, and then combining them in some fashion - itā€™s a hot mess that doesnā€™t convert to anything I could find. Not a link to the common sites, nor any sort of message.

We also have an updated form reflecting the recent changes, and including fetch data as well as frequency analysis. This is compiled by multiple people and I donā€™t know them all, so I will just say Discord Users and hope no one gets upset.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15DpRA95K1lok0aN-H7sWC3ZYWz3Q8RxWDDG7WP4MYAE/edit#gid=0

1 Like

OK, then how about trying the U/D/P figures not on its own dataset, but on its PAIR?

Recall that each dataset ā€œcontainedā€ a jumbled version of a Server Numberā€¦
(which happened to be the opposite number for a Pairing)

So how about ā€œmatchingā€ Server TestConnection info with the dataset containing the number of the Server to which the TestConn data refers?

Egads, thatā€™s confuzzling.
Use 91247ā€™s TestConn figures to try and Decipher 73195ā€™s dataset, and vice-versa,
and etcetera across the other 6 servers (remaining).

1 Like

Ugggh the problem with these datasets and anagrams is I can spell anything without a z,q, or j lol. Iā€™m stopping that now.

Using 91247 best overall numbers 31/66/2 with its pair 73195 yields css
Hmmm
Iā€™m gonna be real slow doing this, Iā€™m on a deck chair with my :beer: in hand

1 Like

Can someone post this in the appropriate Eddit thread?

Comparing the data for the pair of ā€œGoodā€ servers for me (California, USA) I note:
Server(67240) data string contains the numbers 0,4,4,4, and 1.
Server(40144) data string conatins the numbers 0,6,4,7, and 2.

Reordering 0,4,4,4,1 get 40144.
Reordering 0,6,4,7,2 gets 67240.

Confirming linked severs!?

3 Likes