Myriad Security Diagnostic Testing (Important!)

And now:

3 Likes

Status command update! Servers have been shut down
31442 and 85671

2 Likes

6 Likes

satcom-70ā€¢ 11m
Weā€™ve examined the abnormal behavior exhibited by server 31422 and have concluded itā€™s due to corruption from an external source. To avoid all possible contamination of the other servers, our technical team decided to take extreme measures and will be shutting down this server and its backup (85671) permanently. Continue your good work in decrypting the serversā€™ content and reporting any running services that do not belong to Myriad, Atlas, Satcom, or the CSD.

7 Likes

Sure, this server should have best connection from Europe too if we want a ā€œsymetryā€ in the pairs

Decrypting content and reporting running services. Hmmmm

So thatā€™s not the end of this, thenā€¦damnā€¦had hoped this would be the end of this madness.

Responding to the idea that anyone has 'found' that NMS' Universe does _not_ contain 18 quintillion planets, I borrowed the idea of 'Ambient Occlusion' to bring to bear... but I _meant_ "occlusion culling", still it's irrelevant to the OP; I got carried away. Lol. (Sorry)

ā€œAmbient [edit]I meant Occlusion Culling[/edit]ā€ applied to Procedural Generation ā€“ if youā€™re nowhere close to the region of space, even in ā€œbrowsing the Galaxy mapā€, you wonā€™t see its stars / planets to count themā€¦

Then again, we play 1 galaxy at a time, and itā€™s already been shown that there are (conveniently) 256 of them (Hex 00 - FF = 0 - 255 = 256)

ā€¦ and in EACH one there will be multitudesā€¦
18,000,000,etc in the ā€œentire NMS Universeā€ / 1,000 = 18,000,etc
ā€¦ x4 = 72,000,etc (approximately) per galaxy, say.
(1000 / 4 = 250, so approx 255-256) :wink:

I could just as easily ā€œallowā€ that there may well be 18 quintillion Planets in the game, most of which weā€™ll never seeā€¦ than to let some wet-wipe whiny impatient trigger-happy script-kiddie sh!t on our Universe by claiming that the 18 quint claim is ā€œfakeā€. Who gives a toss, really? :smiley:

1 Like

Heh - Iā€™m checking my FetchData to see if anything has changed

Is this what Bit.ly link says from above?
Edit: cuz I couldnā€™t get it to work.

Also, given the recent info. thereā€™s a main server and a back-up server. So then, this pairing now makes more sense to me.

https://bit.ly/2ZAUZJZ or lower case, isnā€™t working at all for me.
Error page from Bit.Ly

How about a ā€œconvenientā€ link back to the Relevant Reddit Thread page? :slight_smile: :+1:

We donā€™t worry about them - I appreciate all your efforts.

1 Like

the FetchServerList command output:

Servers list:

31422 - Offline
85671 - Offline

Just a confirmation of the WT Status command info.

1 Like

The bit/ly link is just a redirect to the reddit post

Then again, harping on about a potentially non-terrestrial server pair, when it turns out thereā€™s an EAST/WEST SPLIT for North America . . .

Suddenly the (4) 67240 / (8) 40144 pairing ā€œhas a homeā€ā€¦ ++sighs++

LOL

Live, Learn, Laugh :smiley:

Where did the ambient occlusion bit come from? But I donā€™t think theyā€™ll go as far as hiding the solar systemsā€¦probably just their informationā€¦because a) from earth we can see some REALLY distant starsā€¦with the naked eye the most distant star visible is some 16k light yearsā€¦with technology thereā€™s no limit other than the light of those stars not having reached us. plus it will be hard to really limit that much considering how far a kitted out S class freighter can jump in the gameā€¦youā€™ll have to be able to select solar systems further than your freighter can jump.

Thinking, itā€™s past ā€œlate close of businessā€ here in UK (Hello Games), so EMEA representative Servers being ā€œdownā€ kinda ā€œmake a bit of senseā€.

Iā€™d be willing to bet they COULD ā€œfollow the patternā€ of Time Zones and the next to ā€œgo offā€ would then be US E, S.Am., US W, then finally APAC (Oz/NZ).

(On which note, Iā€™m bloody well claiming the switch from UK to EMEA, which has been implemented into the Google Spreadsheet, thankyouverymuch!) LOL

A(n irrelevant, sorry) sidebar discussion re Ambient Occlusion, when what I really meant was "Occlusion Culling"! >__< Pls skip. :D

Ambient Occlusion ((I meant Occlusion Culling!!)), as you know, is re Graphics elements ā€“ what appears and what doesnā€™t.

Iā€™m just brainstorming the potential for this kind of ā€¦ calculation to be applied to planetary appearances, such that anyone looking to spoil the game (or talk negatively about it) would rush to claim that there ā€œarenā€™tā€ 18 quints of em, and that itā€™s ā€œanother Sean Murray lieā€ (or some bollox), when itā€™s probably just that they arenā€™t there yet to be counted.

As for seeing from Earth, why, yes, we can! But we also donā€™t have as much bloody astral dust nor brightly coloured space-gas-clouds obscuring our distant vision here!
LOL :rofl:

:wink: :+1:

In which case ambient occlusion would make zero sense for the galactic mapā€¦we reasonably should know where all the stars in our galaxy areā€¦thatā€™s just a basic fact. So if they donā€™t apply it to the galactic map then where would they apply it to?