Mission A055

Hello again everyone! We’re nearing the extraction window, and in order to prepare for that process the teams at Myriad and Atlas have assigned a new mission to the Citizen Science Division.

Your mission is to complete a conversation with a Dreamer and fill out report A-055 for our crisis management team.

Choose at least one of the Dreamers below and click the Chat Now link. The Uplink app will open and you will be in contact with Emily and the Dreamer. Proceed with a conversation and, once finished, fill out the following A-055 survey.

Thank you for your help. Once you’ve completed the task, you can fill out your report for the Crisis Management Team.

Survey A-055

10 Likes

Hmmm. Interesting.

1 Like

Welllll, some people aren’t making it out :cold_sweat:

Edit: you can also find this message if you get emails from the Old Gods.

We still have another Dreamer to connect for our planned extraction date: July 20th. If you have been unable to participate in any of the activities thus far, don’t let that hold you back: we would still value your involvement with this crucial task.

1 Like

Email for those who do not recieve it.

"Dear Citizen Scientist Division : This incredible 6 month journey is coming to an end, and we are reaching out for your help to complete the final stretch.
The past several weeks have been eventful, but we have one last challenge to address before we can relax. It’s time to gather our strength and prepare, as the Myriad and Atlas teams are hard at work setting up for the extraction process.
We still have another Dreamer to connect for our planned extraction date: July 20th. If you have been unable to participate in any of the activities thus far, don’t let that hold you back: we would still value your involvement with this crucial task.

Before we go into detail about what needs to be done, we would like to share some key data from the SATCOM center with you.
As of July 12th, more than 381,000 sessions were initiated by CSD members, with 1,378,065 commands input into the Uplink system.
Connections to the satellite were registered from a staggering 12,400 unique cities across the world. The scale of the CSD’s response to this crisis has extended far beyond our expectations, and we are extremely grateful!
Twelve people have been trapped in a state of artificial dreaming following a W/ARE experiment. Using the Uplink app and with the help of the Atlas AI loop16 (Emily), you can initiate conversations with individual Dreamers.

Our technical team has advised us that the process to successfully extract a Dreamer is highly complex, and it is likely that not all Dreamers will be safely extracted.
This forces us to make a difficult decision. We’re asking you to perform a simple task to help:

1. Initiate a conversation with a Dreamer via the Myriad Uplink application (instructions are provided below).

2. Complete a basic survey about your experience.

This information will help us in many ways. From a technical point of view, we want to ensure that the Dreamer’s memory block is stable. Initiating multiple conversations helps us in our assessment.
From an ethical standpoint, we need to understand how the global CSD community relates to individual Dreamers, to create a baseline for when we need to make difficult ethical decisions.
Your mission is to complete a conversation with a Dreamer and fill out report A-055 for our crisis management team.

Choose at least one of the Dreamers below and click the Chat Now link. The Uplink app will open and you will be in contact with Emily and the Dreamer. Proceed with a conversation and, once finished, fill out the following A-055 survey.
Alexander Patient Profile >> Chat now >>
Toby Patient Profile >> Chat now >>
Eun Ha Patient Profile >> Chat now >>

If you are on mobile (iOS or Android), open this link and follow the instructions to add the Uplink app to your home screen. After opening the Uplink app, you can initiate these simulations by entering the name of the Dreamer without spaces (Alexander, Toby or EunHa).
Thank you for your help. Once you’ve completed the task, you can fill out your report for the Crisis Management Team.
You can collaborate with other Citizen Scientists using these resources:
Discussion: Reddit NMS
Forums: Atlas CSD
Ressources: Game Detectives
Live Chat: Discord"

5 Likes

Oh dear, we’re going to have to make live or death calls on twitch, won’t we?

For reference, I wrote in the notes that I think in case not all of them can be saved, I’d give parents of non-adult children and kids priority…

2 Likes

But what if it isn’t that easy? Like say to rescue Toby - oops sorry Simon and Nina? Or maybe we can rescue Mike, but that means Alexander’s mind is left to wander for eternity, never knowing death - like Artemis?

1 Like

I have a feeling these choices might REALLY hurt afterwards…

2 Likes

I wonder if the ones who are left in become part of #231187661T :thinking:

1 Like

As soon as I seen help us to make an ethical choice and that it would be a baseline for the future, I made my decision. I formally withdraw unless the certainty of the dreamers who are not corrupted and can be saved or if there is a chance that they can be saved as well; I won’t vote for a life in an ARG. ARG is something supposed to be yourself in the world of reality and fiction and speaking for myself. I will not choose a life over another. It says ethical and the ethical response to me, is all for life and not a vote or leaving it to chance. Followingthesource, likely signing off. See ya folks.

4 Likes

Are they setting up a situation like the SciFi shortstory The Cold Equations ? Not enough resources to save them all? Well, I’m not going to be a fan of that story line. The heck with it then. Just draw lots! Short straw dies. :angry:

Please, Can’t save them all? Think this one through A & S.

5 Likes

They have been telegraphing it for awhile and we have already lost one due to our actions.

2 Likes

In terms of the questions in the survey I think that age and health would be quite important to deciding if someone were to have to be left behind…Toby is a small child with a full life ahead of him while Alexander is 86 and with some pretty bad issues. With attitude I said is unimportant, and for the most part I think it’s fine for people to freak out and panic and get angry with us and so on…those are natural human reactions. Unless a dreamer says something insane like they’re going to go on a killing spree or something I don’t see attitude as a huge factor. With lies I did say they would have a impact but it all depends…if it’s a lie about something relatively insignificant then it’s fine, but if they lied about something very serious like being W/ARE staff that were involves in experiments that killed people then they had better have some amazing excuses.

1 Like

I tried a session with Alexander but ended up nowhere. …
It was between Emily and Alexander and in the end Alexander didn’t want to talk to some woman.
I tried to give some replies but they all were not recognized…
So far from me lol for the first time!

2 Likes

The chats will be the same ones we have had - you can just fill out the survey if you want too. But they are a good refresher

1 Like

At the moment they don’t ask us to make a choice. And it can be a sort of test: Do the community will let someone behind ?
I’s say no of course, we have to make our best to save everyone, but with some priorities, like any rescue team would.

2 Likes

Yes if saving the rest is possible, count me in.

1 Like

I fully expect it to not be that easy, that’s why I talk about prioritisation and not about fixed orders. Prioritisation means weighting, and if the choice is between two or one, that should of course be reflected.
However, I’m afraid I’m of the opinion that “maybe romances” don’t get a weight. An actual couple might, especially if they have kids, but we don’t have any, so… Yeah.
There’s enough complexity even without that, because we’re really not sure what the hell is going on with Philips family, i.e. whether it’s even a real thing.

If the process will indeed be handled by twitch voting however, any kind of strategy is completely pointless and it’s going to be really messy. So I really hope they don’t do that.

Also, I kind of have the suspicion that the whole survey only serves the purpose to make the decisions we’re facing as awful as possible. Since they’ll know what criteria we’ll be operating by, it also means that they can screw us over and play them against each other.

3 Likes

I went for ‘No’ on all prioritising. Decided that everyone should get a chance at being extracted regardless of personal circumstance. There is a high likelyhood of not all surviving the process so I figured everyone should be treated equally until circumstances tip the balance. I refuse to choose a life over a life.

11 Likes

In the matter of beliefs, I had one that I think is befitting before I leave.
Sometimes, standing in a split crowd that all votes and sits down and remaining without compromising what you think is right; somtimes it’s the silent one’s that can speak the loudest if only to the beliefs they hold on too.

Not to say this were real but, treating it in such manner, in the choices of life over one or the other; there is always another option. Like the standing in the split and staying silent but showing unwavering belief.

I decline from action and in doing so, this is my action.

5 Likes

I agree. I like the idea of a forum for discussion of such a matter rather than mob decisions. Life or death decisions are sometimes forced on people in real life. As unworthy as I am to make such a decision, I recognize that it happens. A search and rescue helicopter can only rescue one person trapped in the water at a time. They have to decide whom to rescue first, knowing that the other person is at greater risk of dying. Those decisions seem to be some of the hardest a person can be asked to make.

Mobs, on the other hand, often make frenzied emotional decisions that are regretted later. If we have to decide which dreamer to rescue first, let’s at least do it with a clear head.

4 Likes