Mission A055

I’m afraid that A&S has taken the position of “With Any Advancement, There Has To Be Sacrifices” when it concerns the Dreamers. An older saying, which results with the same outcome, is “To Make An Omelette, You Have To Break A Few Eggs”.

It seems that if our collective attempts the engage the Dreamers into “remembering” goes astray too many times, the Dreamer “is corrupted-dies”. That is why I am hesitant to just interact with the Dreamers in a willy-nilly manner. Unless I have a good idea what subjects/information to discuss to trigger a positive outcome, I don’t want to be responsible of losing a Dreamer.

TQQdles™

4 Likes

If its another psychological test, here is my end answer:

I, Citizen Scientist xxxxxxxxxx, and as many other who think the same, will do my best to save ALL the dreamers , whatever their ages, health or state of mind. I answered yes to question No 2 because after talking with all the possible dreamers, they all deserve to be saved.
None left behind.

4 Likes

That’s a troll…everyone besides Tariq is still alive.

2 Likes

Your reality will catch up to ours soon.

See you on July 20th.

1 Like

Oh no…a troll who can phototoshop…so impressive…not.

2 Likes

Maybe learn to line up the pixels next time at a bare minimum.

So, all the chats are repeats? I’m confused.
I took the survey. I think ‘they’ have definitely been following our discussions on here.

Edit: I haven’t recieved an Old Gods e-mail. I will say that this challenge saddens me. :weary:

9 Likes

Yeah, I think the idea was to reinvigorate the chats so everyone could refresh their memory and approach the survey with a fresh mindset on each of the dreamers. I posted (right up near the top) a transcript of the email I recieved. The links are not active but the links in Emily’s post at the begining are.

5 Likes

Which is odd because they say they will unlock the last dreamer soon…well now is the time…if they want to do a community event for him/her, then this weekend is the time to unlock…which presumably they do want because we have a full 7 days to go before extraction…it would get terribly quiet around here if there was nothing to do but wait in the event the last dreamer is all corrupted too and only has like a conversation attached. They kind of need this last one to not be corrupted and do a full three conversations and community event to take up the week.

Soooo, nothing else happening today. I’m afraid I probably won’t participate tomorrow, since I’m on vacation, which paradoxically means that I don’t get any free time at all during the day. Oh well. Please don’t kill everybody while I’m trying not to yell at my kids. Too much.

10 Likes

I don’t think their survey had the desired effect of creating much conversation because based on their three examples it’s pretty straight forward who gets left behind…Toby is 5, Eun Ha is certainly far from old, and Alexander is 86 and in poor health. Tariq is already dead so that deflates the topic a lot too…like one of the others would have to turn out to be like a serial killer or extremely dangerous or something for people to not prioritize them over Alexander.

1 Like

That post misses the point entirely…you can scream nobody left behind all day but the reality is we will be working on time restraints and saving everyone may simply not be possible and will be far from certain at the very best case…we WILL need to decide who we do first and who we do last so that if we run out of time we know who dies.

There’s also the matter of corruption…someone who is terribly corrupted may be incredibly difficult and time consuming to save if it’s possible at all while someone who is not corrupted may be significantly easier to save.

The survey was probably to get an idea of how we as a group will react to successes and failures as we extract dreamers.

I’m predicting there to be some sort of interactive event where group choices gradually extract individuals but there will be some sort of catch;
IE; each step lessens the dreamers health or they are interlinked or something so unpleasant choices have to be decided.
Eg: Alexander decreases X amount as he is gradually extracted but he is interlinked to say Toby, who plummets worse with each step.
This is then forcing us to pick the most likely survivor, balanced against ethics. I bet there will be a chain of who should go last with the possibilties ranging from 100% success to complete failure.

3 Likes

Please watch this video and hear my very strong thoughts and feelings about this recent development in the ARG.

6 Likes

If they interlink dreamers that’s something else but I seriously doubt they will…we don’t even have concrete evidence that Toby is actually related to Alexander in any way and even if they were there’s no reason that what happens to one would affect another since they can’t communicate and aren’t aware of each other in the simulation. I don’t think that’s the point of this at all…the point is us prioritizing people based on our knowledge of them and their corruption, which will likely make things very difficult. Here’s my 1st draft on priority regarding getting them out:

1. Toby(uncorrpted, 4 nodes complete, 5yo, no known health issues)
  2. Claire(uncorrpted, 4 nodes complete, young, no known health issues)
  3. Simon(uncorrpted, 4 nodes complete, young, no known health issues)
  4. Eun Ha(uncorrpted, 4 nodes complete, adult, not old, no known health issues)
  5. Phillip(Corrupted, 3 nodes complete, adult, not old, no known health issues)
  6. Nina(Corrupted, 2 nodes complete, young, no known health issues)
  7. Isabella(Corrupted, 1 node complete, young, no known health issues)
  8. Mike(Corrupted, 1 node complete, adult, not old, no known health issues)
  9. Alexander(uncorrupted, 4 nodes complete, 86yo, very poor health)
  10. #231187661T(Corrupted, 0 nodes complete, nothing known about this individual)
1 Like

Actually by interlinking I was more thinking along the lines of mechanically linked as in:
What we do to one affects another, meaning we can’t just start hauling them out.
This looks to me to be a puzzle in the making and that there may be a specific order to getting everyone out.

If it’s just a ‘strongest survives’ rescue then its kind of brutal and ethically cruel. Given past complexities in WT, I do hope there’s more to it than just picking one over another based on stats.

2 Likes

I don’t see a reason for that but obviously if Alexander were tied to Toby to where either both live or both die then Alexander would get a huge boost up that list and they’d be first ones out…no corruption should make them less difficult to extract and Toby has to be the priority…if one person must not die in this simulation, it’s Toby.

1 Like

I was just using random names as an example. My point is; I’m expecting it to be complex and hopefully not a mob vote on who deserves to live…but you may very well be right.
This may just boil down to another twitch spam-voting, free-for-all.

2 Likes

I think the chats last week were the trial run of the extraction event, I don’t think Twitter voting will be involved.

Well I’m pretty sure it will be a community vote…they specifically said we will have hard choices to make and it’s not going to be just one person deciding.

In terms of complexities…they did mention attitude and lies…attitude is mostly a non issue for me except in extreme cases but lies could be a huge sticking topic…if one of those people is secretly a WARE staff member that complicates things…if they then show to be ruthless and not even remotely repentant about having killed people that would probably drop them even bellow #231187661T.