Lab319 Investigation

Both very good hypotheses! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Another thing to bear in mind is that ARGs attract legions of coders, hackers, and cryptographers. Its possible someoneā€™s hacked the picture into an otherwise legitimate business site. There are people who think that kind of thingā€™s funny.

3 Likes

Pic is gone from site now.

Yea was probably them just messing with us becouse everyone was contacting them someone should send Emily after them for such a cruel joke

You guys are probably right. The Atlas pass picture on the side is far too obvious!

But than what about the link that leads to that weird deco site?
Would be Lab319 site just a bridge leading to another WT related site?

1 Like

I agree there is something weird about that site and why the space shooter game it feel so out of place

well that all seems to have gone now. Itā€™s back to being a very capable website for a company.
The hunt continues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently the iframe with the second site disappeared as well. And on that site somebody is playing with blender as I canā€™t get the other pages anymore http://lab319.000webhostapp.com

The unity game is still there though

1 Like

Just to clarify, many were using the live messaging embedded on the site. Discord user ZYONMGMT had been doing the same and sent them his image of the received Atlas Pass among other things. The owners of the site then decided to put the image of the Atlas pass on the website as a joke. This likely caused more unwanted traffic than they had expected, so they now removed the image again.
Confirmed%20Joke%20Lab319

4 Likes

Hello! I went inactive when Waking Titan ended, and trying to catch up since receiving an Atlas Pass. Lab 319 could simply be the next location. I know most on site events have been in US based, but some google-fuing lead me to a UK based science lab: MAL 319:
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/roombookings/rooms/malet-street/mal-319-science-lab

Not suggesting that leads to anything, just wondering if it could be a physical place. I wouldnā€™t rule out a hands-on science experiment as a project. Maybe thereā€™s a room 319 out there wanting to run sleep experiments. O_O

My favorite thing about being a citizen scientist is coming up with wild and absurd ideas.

4 Likes

Ok now it all makes sense. I knew it was too improbable that the owners of the site stumbled onto the Waking Titan ARG in less than a week of it mentioning ā€œLab 319ā€.

It makes so much more sense that fans of the ARG reached out to the website which prompted them to then put the picture up. Still surprised they went to all that trouble though.

2 Likes

I believe those sites are home editable. Easily maintained/tweaked by the owner.

I was refering more to the Atlas constelation animation that was playling on their website. That, at least to me, seems a bit more tedious to re-create.

4 Likes

Just a pre-made video used as a background, most likely part of a template. You will find this same background used on many other sites. Setting up a website is easy with all the available templates and plugins to choose from.

The Atlas website also makes use of templates and readily available plugins. They initially used a Galactic template. Now they have a background that uses a ā€˜snowfall pluginā€™', a somewhat different template, and they make use of Swiper. All of this is easy and quick to setup, nothing special.

2 Likes

Yeah, I couldnā€™t help but notice that none of that links at the bottom of the page (facebook, twitter, etc.) lead to Lab319. It all sent you to something called ā€œwix.comā€, which seems to be a do-it-yourself web design service.

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™ve come across it before.
Red herring :blowfish: or wild goose :duck: ā€¦ Doesnt matter really; it looks like we are still waiting for genuine WT hints to appear.

2 Likes

Lab319 ā€¦ L8b319 ā€¦ Loob319 ā€¦ Loop319 ā€¦ Loop1(9-3) = Loop16

5 Likes

It could also be related to The Lab,
which would imply the inclusion of VR in the upcoming update

1 Like

Loop#319 = Infinity Loop - A logic game that consists of creating intricate loops patterns, or simply in the application of a simple concept: ā€œconnect several thingsā€ and have fun with it

2 Likes

So the atlas pass on this website is mine. I was one of the crazy players that tried to make contact. I uploaded an image of my pass and the next day it was up on the site. After that many in the NMS Discord continued to press only to claim it was just a stunt on their part. I felt really dumb and continue to every time it comes up. That said, I have had a nagging feeling since then, like we are all just missing an obvious clue. Now Entropy.

5 Likes