June 19th and 21st - New Guidance Protocols + Element 3 Discussion

They’re not though…aside from the idea of leaving your ships just hanging on top of a freighter being rather silly the images I posted above show they’re not and can’t be docking bays.

Yeah I don’t think they are landing pads based off those pics, but I still think it is a new ship for the multiplayers.

Pretty sure freighters will be our means of warping together…we can only have six ships so there’s always guaranteed to be 3 open docking slots in your bay even when you are inside…and we know a team can only be of up to four players…so any of our freighters is always guaranteed to be able to hold four players and their ships. That also neatly answers all other issues…as we can ONLY save on our own freighter and we can never be separated from our ships so no matter what happens people can’t be left behind stranded and nobody is left with a ship they can’t operate alone.

I’m gonna play it safe and say my opinion on what it might be is “new content in next” that way I can’t be wrong :relaxed:

1 Like

lol…it’s definitely new content that’s for sure. I’m putting my guesses down as a submarine exocraft or a new class of ship…not mulitplayer ship, just another class like the others…possibly an exocraft carrying ship. Separating players from their ships by intruducing multiplayer ships would cause too many problems like either completely not allowing any saving to be done while player is separated from ship to them potentially being stranded on foot or leaving a player or two with a ship they can’t fully operate and so on. Too much can go wrong there and our freighters seem to be already perfectly designed for the task.

1 Like

Does anyone have an actual vid with the 3D imager dev kit thingy? :blush:

You mean this one? mercury part3of3 - YouTube

No, she means using the 3D hologram prism with it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so but I’m not sure…if they had sent these to people I figure they’d be out already…I was under the impression everyone who got a dev kit all had the exosuit in it.

1 Like

It looks pretty similar to this thing. Not identical, but perhaps a variant:

1 Like

Maybe it can carry an existing exocraft with it…

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you just said. @sheralmyst is asking, do we have a video of someone using this ship hologram with the prism?

And I said if someone had such a hologram prism they’d likely have shown it already…did anyone who got a dev kit had any other prism hologram other than the exosuit?

The video we got IS the hologram, you play it on your smartphone and place the prism on the screen to display the 3D image.

Yep…that’s what it looks like just about.

@MacForADay is correct. Someone who received a Dev Kit should have the’ plastic cone of 3D imaging’ to use. I think the 3D image would show perhaps, more detail

1 Like

Ah ok…worth a try I guess but I don’t think you’re getting more detail out of it than what we can see now fullscreen on a monitor.

3 Likes

You got a point with how it would look silly for a ship to just be there out in the open… I feel that “something” is going to sit there though… Also, how would you enter it?

Wait, maybe these ships will dock on your freighter and that’s how you enter it? Maybe. Just a thought.

Oh well. It is still fun to look at. :blush:

1 Like

Probably the same way we enter exocrafts and some of the ships…you just sort of pop-in.

1 Like