June 14th-June 19th - Uplink App Update In Progress

At my job, we use “The Zones of Regulation”, four colors that have many similar emotions attributed to them: green, yellow, blue and red.

Blue- Sad, tired, bored
Green-Happy, content, calm
Yellow- Nervous, agitated, silly
Red-Angry, confused, afraid

4 Likes

I actually have (what I consider mild) chromesthesia so none of those colours and moods match up to mine when I hear certain sounds or notes/chords anyway :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Your hair is the colour of a tiger’s growl, and your voice tastes green.

8 Likes

Which opens up a whole different but closely related subject. I find my mood affected greatly by sounds and imagery. I surround myself with not only colors that have a positive effects on me but also the music I listen to and the sounds. (I find the constant droning of news reporters agitates me beyond belief. )

4 Likes

…I like the colour black… does that mean anything?

3 Likes

Black is a solid constant color which can ground a room when decorating and it matches most anything when you dress. It does not really mean that a person is ‘dark’ and depressed, however, that could be the effect if used to heavily in a room :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well my room is white. I like dark colours in general but black is my favourite. If i could change my room to a dark red then i would. Buuut i cant.

3 Likes

“Well her clothes are blacker than the blackest cloth and her face is whiter than the snows of Hoth”

Thanks guys, you just reminded me of my favourite song by an Irishman that also has a star wars reference :joy:

I hope Emily doesn’t mind us going so far off topic while we wait for her bits and bobs.

4 Likes

Then you must feel highly agitated in a white room. :disappointed_relieved: Try using your darker colors as highlights. I could totally feel white walls with black and red decor. The hard edge could be softened by adding gray. 48-samples-for-black-white-and-red-bedroom-decorating-ideas-3
Sorry for hijacking the thread. But perhaps a study in color may help us going forward.

4 Likes

It depends. If you’re 17, have a long leather trenchcoat, and unfeasibly large boots, then it’s a lifestyle statement.

If, on the other hand, you find you can only sleep in a coffin containing your own grave-soil, then it’s a bit more serious.

6 Likes

One of my favourite pieces by an Irishman. Yes to cloth and colours, but no Star Wars.

HAD I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

1 Like

Funny enough that’s how the rest of the song goes

“She wears Dr. Martins and a heavy cross,
but on the inside… she’s a happy goth”

Sharpening my stake just in case @Nepilepsy is the latter thing you aludded to.

@sheralmyst

So I guess we change the thread name and forget about the ARG altogether and just start learning colour theory from you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you have a white horse able to fly, a scythe, and if you TALK LIKE THAT, it’s natural to like black too :rofl:

(hope that someone will know the reference or i’ll feel alone ^^)

7 Likes

Of course we do, Binky.

4 Likes

I find color to be a very personal thing. That is why I do not really agree with Mr Plutchik. The emotions triggered by colors as well as sounds is really dependent upon our life experiences. That is also why I never really like the home decorating shows. No one else has the right to determine what color and style is appropriate for you. If a room does not reflect your feelings and tastes, then it may be a really nice room but, you will never feel comfortable in it. Just my 2 cents. :blush:
I figure we will start a new thread when this thing takes off… :wink:

5 Likes

I am easily annoyed so does that show anything?

3 Likes

Yes. You are being aggravated by the white in your room, lol. :rofl: Or it could just be hormones. :scream:

Gotta jet for a bit.

3 Likes

When it comes to colors or science or psychology, I always ask myself “where does this fit in nature?”. I can see how white and blue light can keep you awake as thats often the color of the sky in the middle of the day. And I can see how tones of red and orange can calm people as that is the color of sunsets. I have two lamps in my room, each with different bulbs. One, a bright white LED bulb and the other, a warm yellowish-orange tone that is dim. I use the dim orange light about an hour before bed and that helps me sleep.(also, some nature sounds I play from YouTube. I hate complete silence, it feels unnatural and sends my brain on a non-stop thinking quest) Also, on a full moon, I love to be outside when the moonlight blankets this side of the world. I do feel quite energized and feel like exploring the world at night in that particular lighting.

3 Likes

Well, I have to go and visit my grandchildren for a few hours.

Doubtless it will all kick off while I’m out. My timing is terrible.

I’ll catch you all later.

4 Likes

I like the color black too. All my clothes are black. It means I’m too lazy to go through my wardrobe in the morning and put together a sensible combination. Instead, I just grab the topmost trousers and shirt, job well done :smile:

1 Like