June 14th-June 19th - Uplink App Update In Progress

I thought I heard “identify the dreamer memory banks… good luck”

Edit: after a few listens, it does indeed sound like there’s another layer in the middle of something else.

5 Likes

I swear I hear “Identify the dreamer memory… mainframe. Good luck.”

2 Likes

Agreed. It appears to be final part of the message “identify the dreamer memory block in the simulation mainframe. Good Luck.”, reversed, and pasted onto the beginning.

2 Likes

Someone needs to mention the colour pink which we all chose!! She will like that :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Has someone asked Emily when she’ll come to us on the ETARC site? Or does she just wanna stay on Reddit?

1 Like

Reddit has a bigger crowd :wink:

It’s probably due to site ownership. ETARC used to belong to Alice & Smith, and they could use it however they wanted. At the end of the first phase, ownership was transferred to Hello Games, and ETARC became a social forum, rather than a game component.

It probably suits Alice & Smith to use Reddit as neutral ground. Which is a shame, since I, and many others, will never join Reddit.

14 Likes

If we’re required to pinpoint specific emotions, it’s quite possible we’re going to need this:

11 Likes

Is that a super shape I see? One of the ones used in the game to render shapes and in our old gods emails :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, it might be a supershape - but it’s the Plutchik Emotion Wheel. It was used in the first phase of the ARG.

It supposedly lists all the emotions you can have, and their relationships to each other. Personally, I think it’s deeply flawed. I can think of lots of important emotional states it doesn’t mention.

For instance, humour is probably one of our most important emotional strategies. Plutchik doesn’t think it exists.

But I digress. The reason I’ve put it here is because we know Alice and Smith like it. They’ve used it before.

If you’re interested, there’s a whole Wikipedia article on it:

5 Likes

Oh absolutely, that’s what I meant by the old gods email, though I always saw it as a little nod to NMSs use of supershapes to render complex models from simple maths formulas.

Yeah strange no mention of humor, which leads me to think he might be of German decent as they are not known for their comedy (I’m joking of course! Ive met some gas germans [that is not a holocaust pun, just unfortunate that the Irish slang for funnyo r comedic is ‘Gas’ ])

7 Likes

And green is a very calming color, not one I would ever associate with terror and fear. The olive greens are my favorite green shades. I use them all over my house. And I associate the reds and purples with love and passion. I do not agree with this inept emotional color wheel at all. But, for the sake of the game…I will deal with it. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Ooh. New avatar. I didn’t recognise you.

3 Likes

Funnily enough the colour purple is my favourite and I am awful for the oul self loathing XD

I think the only colours that match up are red for anger and then blues for serenity etc as these colours are shown to have an adverse effect on our mood and state of mind.

Most streets have those sorta Amber/orange/red lights to brighten them up at night, studies have shown there to be more visitors lent incidents occurring around streets heavily basked in that orange red glow.

In Japan I believe (paraphrasing an article I read a decade ago) they changed the lights on some streets to a blue colour and crime and reported incidents dropped significantly from the get go.

Blue also has a waking effect, e.g the blue glow from screens on desktops or phones etc can disrupt your sleep cycle when being used late at night.

I thought it was @LilLadyD76 for a moment :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I just rearranged furniture and did a thorough cleaning. I change things around a lot…prolly means something. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

yes and no because it has been proven that red is a more “peacefull” color than blue for our mood and internal clock

4 Likes

Emily’s intervention on Reddit are named:
loop16 seq 21, 25, 29, 49 (but the video is seq 46 ?) and 60.

Is it important ? What happened to all missing sequences ?

6 Likes

That is odd that two studies got different results for the effects the colour red has. I wonder if nature, nurture and cultural environments play into how people are effected by colours? That could explain it.

Just rechecked my info, since it was something I read once ten years ago, according to snopes it’s still unproven, so it could even be possible that this red light nightlight is just anecdotal stuff too.

I also have to question the study done on hamsters, they don’t see light the same way we do so what is calming for them could be completely adverse for us. Unless there’s some study I’m not aware of that says we basically get the same effect from light and colour as hamsters?

In short, I have no idea what I’m talking about and I’ve no idea if any of that research is solid or someone who accidentally ended up with a lot of red light bulbs due to an ordering error :joy:

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s not accidental @kerdorin

Oh and happy Cake day @toddumptious !

1 Like

This is a major problem in medical, particularly toxicological, studies.

It’s no longer ethically acceptable to test things on humans (although it used to go on a lot, one way or another). Consequently, many toxicological studies are based solely on animal tests. Mice are favourite - they’re small, cheap, and most people don’t get too upset about them.

The trouble is, mouse physiology and metabolism are enormously different from those of humans. Just because mice don’t obviously suffer from exposure to something, doesn’t mean it’s safe for people. And, vice-versa, the label on your can of paint saying “may cause cancer in mice” means absolutely nothing when applied to humans.

4 Likes