June 12 New status on WT Elizabeth is gone!

I think Sophie is the evil one and had Elizabeth bumped off, I also think Sophie is in cahoots, or at least is interfering with WARE

5 Likes

Makes perfect sense to me, although I feel that Emily is not necessarily a threat in that sense. With Major Sophia Dubois being military, it makes more sense that Emily is standing in the way of military plans. W/ARE technology would likely be perfect for military use. So who owns those other labs we never heard about until recently?

5 Likes

She was chief of security at Atlas, not military, as far as I understood it. I also got the feeling through season 1 that she was kind of Elizabeths right hand, so her taking over doesn’t surprise me too much.
What did surprise me a little is that she doesn’t appear to be looking for a replacement for Elizabeth, but for her old job. She might have her reasons for that, but I’m not sure she’s the right person for the job…

4 Likes

Oh yes, I agree that she is likely not the right person for the job, but it does make sense to take over for the time being. Just look back at the time where Emily took over the full Myriad network, with JJ Wong going crazy. Sophia would have made different decisions, telling Elizabeth to stop the whole project. We have to thank Elizabeth for making the tough decisions needed.

4 Likes

Sophie Dubois is a member of the Pentagon’s Titanwatch Task Force. She’s employed by the US military, and is currently on attachment to the Atlas Foundation. Supposedly she’s overseeing the Foundation’s use of government funds, but really she’s reporting back to the Pentagon on the security implications of Atlas’ work.

In peacetime, the government can’t just take control of a private company. They’d need to pass laws, or emergency powers, in order to do so.

6 Likes

Huh… if she’s a government employee, then yes, her taking over the company is highly irregular.

3 Likes

whois themis
Major Sophia Dubois,
on assignment with the Atlas Foundation.

So a military in mission. DOD propably financed Atlas for a (big) part, that’s why Elizabeth wasn’t in position to refuse an officer on assigment in Atlas.

3 Likes

It’s all here:

7 Likes

I think there is a distinct possibility of this being coup at the Atlas Foundation and W/ARE may actually be in charge (pulling the strings as a puppet master). There seems to be a lot of new found cooperation mentioned in that memo.

And R.I.P. Elizabeth. You will be missed.

6 Likes

The lyrics to this song do stand out
It’s the terror of knowing what this world is about
Watching some good friends screaming 'Let me out"

This reminds me of the early vids from Elizabeth, all glitchy and asking What if we have tried this before? It also reminds me of the Artemis quest. Will he be happy in the simulation…answer…as long as he does not know he is in a simulation…

So I agree with the idea that the vids of Elizabeth were echoes only she and others there have realized they are not in the real world…?

6 Likes

So the question is "who send mails to us ? " Who is Oldgods in the Atlas foundation ?

5 Likes

You guys make me think we might not actually have woken any Titans yet…

5 Likes

So I noticed that the first explosion occurs immediately after Elizabeth says “From your friend at the DoD? This isn’t under their jurisdiction”. Maybe that’s not what Sophie wanted to hear? Or maybe she’s not talking to Sophie?

Also, am I the only one who thinks Atlas has been suspiciously absent recently? I mean, we’ve been working for WARE for a while now, not Atlas. And why was it a Myriad team that “breached” the WARE site? Why not an Atlas team? They obviously have military support, you would think that would be a simple task. If Emily really is that important to Atlas, why aren’t they taking a more active role in saving her? Is Atlas really putting the fate of Emily in our hands alone?

5 Likes

“All dead?
All of them?
Sophie, this-- this changes everything, this completely changes the game.
Yes.”

She may not be talking to the Sophie, but she’s definitely talking to a Sophie.

6 Likes

Sophie works with the Pentagon and is on assignment with Myriad. Elizabeth was the head of Atlas. Both were working with Myriad and somewhere WARE was brought in. But, we know someone was misusing the WARE tech (according to Mr. Zheng) and now Sophie is in charge of everything. One person in charge is never a good thing. Who is she answering to if not the Pentagon? We have been led to believe that WARE is bad but now Emily says we must save it. WARE has also agreed to free up resources for Emily. We now have the task of integrating the 12 test subjects into the Satcom interface.
I believe this is where we now stand.

I now have a question about what facility actually blew up and why Elizabeth was there. It was obviously not her office since the Atlas Passes were found there.

6 Likes

Oh, please God, no. The American military is in control of Atlas?

We’re all doomed :fearful:

@sheralmyst this is kind of my point. Where is Atlas? They don’t seem to be taking any active role in the whole Myriad/WARE incident. If Emily, a fully self-aware artificial intelligence, really is the “future of mankind” as they so claim, why are they not doing more to secure it? Why are they leaving such an important task to us “kids” at the CSD?

5 Likes

Myriad sublocation XXXXXXX

4 Likes

Normally that wouldn’t scare me that much, since the american military is generally a lot more competent than they’re given credit for, but right now that would mean that Trump controls Atlas. :smile:

9 Likes

Possibly why Emily’s mental powers have all but disappeared.

8 Likes

Well, in the memo found with “whois harry” we can read:

Cpt. James Harry, has been obstructing access to critical Myriad infrastructure. Technicians have repeatedly emailed Cpt. Harry to request access to portions of the satellite network

So it is a Captain, in Myriad, who has been obstructiong access to Myriad infrastructure; But who were the technicians ? We have 2 names:
Sgt Lyel
Sgt Klein
2 Sergents ? Wow, atm is there any civilian in Myriad ? Oh, they have an assault team able to make breach in W/RE lab too. This Atlas foundation branch, normally known for “network and storage solution” looks like a milatary one.

4 Likes