Help a fellow Traveller

Ok, so what we have found in the Galactic Hub, fairly recently, is that previous bases are still on the server after being abandoned. Also, sometimes people can get stuck seeing one iteration of a base, if they see it when it’s under construction.

The best way to avoid this is to disable base sharing when building a base, and then enable it again after construction is complete. This stops any incomplete iterations of the base from being stored on the server, and so only the completed base can ever be seen by other players.

7 Likes

Can anyone tell me if they’ve ever had this message appear after entering a a system?

2 Likes

Yes. It is part of the Artemis/ Portals storyline.

3 Likes

I think it’s actually the Purge, as far as I remember. That’s linked to the end of the Artemis quest line.

3 Likes

The Purge. It appears in each warp as the 16 warps count down and a (non-portal) glyph appears briefly. I believe it keeps appearing each warp until you complete the next point in The Purge mission.

2 Likes

Ok that’s cool, thanks just seemed really odd lol but that makes sense :+1:

2 Likes

Do be careful with your choice at the end of the storyline.

Spoiler if you want it:

There is a choice for the next galaxy restart. You can refuse the Atlas and walk away to stay in your current galaxy. You only get the choice once.

2 Likes

Thanks yeah I’m aware of the options at the end, I’ve seen the YouTube vid of someone choosing the different galaxy options, I haven’t done much more in the purge for ages so when I saw this message it threw me a bit what with the ARG kicking off again lol

2 Likes

HEY! tis a bug in the game
it eats planets and spits them out to something else!
land on a dusty planet went through the portal and came back.
Entered my ship and saved game. Exit.
When I came back into the game, the planet was oceans, ship under water, was able to enter ship and flew to the portal and the planet is not Gama Intensive.
Has this happened to anyone?

3 Likes

No never had a planet change while my back was turned… That’s a new on!

I have had my ships swap while I was away through a portal: park my explorer, go for a wander through a portal, come back and find something different from my fleet parked and waiting.
Have also had my ship change colour.

2 Likes

I have had some things change after being very far away from my base. I originally had a set of buildings across from my portal and then there was a jagged strange area like someone had blasted the buildings away. Very strange. I thought maybe I had been gone so long I forgot what was there but, no, there was definitely a building with a Gek in it right across from my portal. Nothing away from the portal seemed to change.

2 Likes

I’ve had my ship refuse to summon on long adventures on extreme planets.
Behaves like I’m through-a-portal with no icon to call my ship.

Bit scary when you are miles from your ship, half cooked, the local sentinels are kicking your a** & just as you decide to bail out, the ship icon goes bye byes & you are left scurrying from hidey hole to hidey hole all the way back.
Not very amusing.

3 Likes

Came to work at midnight, no heat, got the boilers working manually, now stuck at work until the boilers are repaired, temp out side -12F/-24C wind chill -35F/-37C

4 Likes

Think you found an extreme work place :joy:

3 Likes

You know, Zsigi, the more I hear about your home town, the more I think you’re actually living in a survival mode game. :grinning:

11 Likes

Gets out of car and hears, Extreme Cold Planet.

9 Likes

He gets the boilers working and hears:
TEMPERATURE STABILISING

7 Likes

The guy has been working on them for several hours with no problems so far, he has other things to repair at this time due to the system freezing. But all is well and WARM!!! :beers:

6 Likes

Night all … office is fixed headed to bed to get up and to it all again in 9 hours, be safe and when I wake up I EXPECT it all to be solved … muhahahahahahahahah … peace

9 Likes

Real life is Permadeath lol…

1 Like