Help a fellow Traveller

I’ve been able to make the following stones, it was a distraction from hunting the fifth portal symbol .
I’m going to jump to the Sixth symbol and come back to the other one, spent a day and a half and got nowhere .

( see picture )

3 Likes

Walked in on my housemate playing his version of the simulation, he had all the seeds in stacks of five “just in case”. I told him he wouldnt need more than one of each, but he said “well, ill keep em anyway… you never know” haha.

I still see those red atlas stones too, not sure if just ghosts in the machine or if they’ll serve a different purpose down the line.

One thing I used to get a lot of when 1.3 first launched, was defence chips (chits?). I used to get them randomly from NPC dialogue or as mission rewards. Now I rarely see them since 1.32, occasionally a trader might have some or a space station/trading terminal.

Was thinking, they need an attack chip/chit (cant remember, is it chip or chit?!) so you can call in pirate reinforcements, would encourage more people to go the freighter attacking piracy route in the game I think, attacking them solo would be intimidating.

While on the subject, now that I think of it. Since freighters were introduced, I’ve noticed that your own freighter has its own stocked valuables on the outside… I’ve always been too afraid to try but what happenes if you attack your own freighters storage compartments?!

3 Likes

you get attacked … lol, i did that clearing asteroids, flew into bay and the attack ended.

3 Likes

Hold on, you can rob your own freighter?

2 Likes

chit
/tʃɪt/
noun
noun: chit; plural noun: chits

a short official note, typically recording a sum owed.
“write out a chit for whatever you take from the drinks cupboard”

3 Likes

I’ve gone through to a new galaxy … again.

TIP:

1. green resources about 500 each
  2. blue resources 1500 each
  3. red & yellow resources 2000 each
  4. specialty items, most is 10 and least is 1
  5. rare exotic resources 50 reach.
  6. 70 to 80 warp cells per-galaxy.

edit add yellow

3 Likes

Cheat(?) chip - call sentinels reinforcement when being attacked by pirates.

2 Likes

To those whom want to know … if you don’t then don’t read.

Galaxy: Zukasizawa took 80 warp cells to get to center.

3 Likes

those of you whom would like to lend a helping hand
come to barrow alaska and help move the snow from the front of my work.

winds at 40 knots and temp is 22F/-6C

Thanks in adavance!!!

5 Likes

I wish I could. I have actually been to Barrow! Enjoyed my short time there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love to help, but my Portal is in the shop for repaired this weekend, the fluid needs replacing and the start button gets stuck.

Be thinking of you, enjoy the work out.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Has anybody had issues with comm-balls disappearing?
I tried 3 times to place a comm and when I walked away it was gone?

4 Likes

The only thing I can suggest is that you can only have one per planet. But that generally means only the last one you placed will survive.

In the past, I have tried leaving a trail of Com Balls - to find that I was left with only the last one.

If that’s not your problem, I can’t help.

4 Likes

I was aware of the one comm per planet deal.
This was just a single comm.
Put it down, record my message, move away, gone…?
Odd.

2 Likes

Ah. It may be that it’s still there - but you can’t see it. It’s not intended for you - it’s for others.

You could try placing a beacon, so you can accurately find the location. Then leaving the planet (possibly the system), and coming back.

I have a Comm Ball at my base that I can’t see. I can see the message, but not the ball. Other people have left balls, and I can see both the balls and the messages.

This conversation is degenerating. “I can’t see my own balls?”

4 Likes

The game doesn’t mark your own comm balls. I noticed this the other day visiting player bases. They are still there.

3 Likes

I am not sure if I want to jump into this conversation or not :sweat_smile: but, my com ball sometimes duplicates itself and positions itself on top of the original one.

2 Likes

I’ve had that one too.
It’s disappearing balls, dual balls, missing balls, stacked balls, sentinels that get angry if you touch their (gravatino) balls, balls in annoying places, confusing balls… it just goes on & on!!
There is so much joke material in there that would surely get me flagged so I’m letting it go.
I’m letting go of the balls :grin:
…discussion.

3 Likes

This appears to be an issue that has been reported even prior to Atlas Rises and still exists. Another bug that needs fixing. Best to place one, create a save and restart the game to make sure it’s there. If it disappeared, place a new one, rinse repeat until it remains visible for you.

3 Likes

Just to try and get this back on track, I think I’ve stuffed up I’m trying to do the portal Glyphs trip and the first 4 easy, the fifth one no chance, can not find a traveller to save myself, so I thought I’d move to the sixth one , bombed out again, I find portals , but not travellers again, I’ve looked in every outhouse, henhouse, shed, bed and walk-in closet I can find, nothing . I’m more frustrated then a one armed wallpaper hanger with crabs.

My two options :-

1/ keep searching like a blind man in a 100 and 1000 factory .

or

2/ do I quit for a few days, go home and make a shipload of living glass / glass and buy a freighter and travel ?

Oh wise men of this group, your wisdom I need.

Ps - once one learns all they need from the guys back at home base do they need to be kept or can I get rid of them.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes