Glyph combinations

Welcome fellow citizen scientist!

We need your help to collectively find a format and then stick to it in order to share our discoveries/points of interest.
This should allow all of us to clearly see between and trough literally quintillions of destinations.
How about :

[Platform Ps4/PC]
[Galaxy name]
[hexadecimals coordinates]
[Short description]
[Glyph combination]

1 Like

More interesting, could we find a relation between glyph combination and hex coords? coz in that last case we can just skip the hex coords (which always felt a little bit “hackish” to me).

Man I feel like I’m in Stargate ( one of my favorite shows own every episode ) Chevron 1 locked etc lol

2 Likes

To simplify everything, I would do this:

I would assign the first 8 glyphs letters:
A B C D E F G H

And the last 8 glyphs numbers:
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08

It seems better that way than to input glyph descriptions. That way you can give coordinates using a system like this:

A 01 G 08 04 F

4 Likes

We need some one with some photos shop skills to make us a cheat sheet

3 Likes

I have skills but not enough time today!

1 Like

If you’re gonna do something like that, use proper hex code. 0~9 + A~F
Doing some system with assignments like that will only confuse people.

5 Likes

Lol I think we’re all going to be busy for a few days… :grin:

2 Likes

Agreed. Just like the decoder rings.

3 Likes

I have some time, and can whip something together…

I started another thread about the same thing, if yous guys swing on over, I’ll make the glyph descriptor described above and post it there. :blush:

3 Likes

See I was thinking of a completely different system, by simply numbering the gylphs from 1-16 clockwise from the top.

1 Like

What the heck. So much simpler like this. Don’t know why I was trying to make it more complicated than it needs to be hahaha.

Haha yeah man. We should just do it like a rotary phone dial.

1 Like

Here ya go!
Numbering them from 1-16 could create issues with the double digit numbers (ex: this “11 1 12 13” could be misread as - 1 11 12 2 1 3). Much easier to stick with the hexadecimal coordinate system that is already used by the game.

9 Likes

Fair point there…

Aye, hex is just the best way to count to 16. Has been for 30+ years. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just messaged the admins and moderators to suggest adding a set of glyph emoticons to make it a whole lot easier for us to share glyph codes/coordinates. I am sure HG might be willing to provide the images used to be turned into emoticons. Else I bet someone is willing to create them for us.

3 Likes

I’m willing to work on these, if no one else steps up.

3 Likes

When I tried to activate a portal, it showed my a bunch of blank tablets, but would not let me press any buttons on them or enter anything. How do you enter glyphs into portals?

Having the same problem