Games and Game-Related old and new

In fact, many source of inspiration.

The game seems to take a lot of influence from French cartoonist Moebius. Is that accurate? What else defined the look of the game?

GK: Definitely. There were loads of inspirations. It’s really funny because the actual very first inspiration kind of came from Star Wars: The Force Awakens . Like, the beginning where Rey is being raised on Jakku. What if she never left? What would that be like? And it’s all circular. Like Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli was a huge inspiration for me, personally. Jodorowsky’s Dune —Moebius was involved in that film project, and that was a big influence.

My background was that I studied architecture. So I’m always thinking about and looking at architectural stuff. We took a road trip when we did our first trailer reveal in 2018. We went from San Francisco to Arizona to Vegas. We went to Arcosanti to research these desert settlements, or like experimental explorations into how you could live sustainably in a desert environment.

6 Likes

No time for all those good games. Too busy with ACNH.

3 Likes

A free “game” to see if you have a good ear for foreign languages

2 Likes

I missed 2 on my first run through, :grinning:

In regular, hard ? Omiglot is totally crazy with language as nahuatl (aztec) or african dialects. Even in regular that’s not easy to make the difference between cantonese and mandarin.

1 Like

Regular. Will try hard later. :smiley:
I have always been able to recognize people by their voice before their face. I am terrible with faces. But I can recognize someone I have not seen in years, by their voice.

1 Like

Auditory memory is often better than visual memory. probably because it’s easier to see something which “looks like” than sounds like.

1 Like

I See many of you building great bases so maybe you’d like to try an old game (still in progress) where you can build everything you want, in total freedom, alone or in coop.

You want to build a cabin ? A big modern house ? A village or a big town ? It only depends of your creativity and… time :sweat_smile:
You can see what a talented norwegian built:

3 Likes

Does anyone have a clue how to report a bug to Nintendo? Do I actually have to text or phone? I found a bug in ACNH DLC .

Maybe using their chat on their NA support site ?

1 Like

Hey! It worked! I bug reported an issue no one else had found. Thanks!

3 Likes

I must know what the bug was. Lol.

1 Like

The game-show stand piece. When you are decorating for islanders for paradise planning, you can freely customize the pieces. The customizer allows me to change the color of the stand, but it is not changing the sign on the front of the stand. It is supposed to have a number of options, correct answers, incorrect answers and a ? because the contestant did not know the answer. It does not change. It is stuck on the first image which represents the game show title.
I was told it was reported to the technicians for a future patch.
I have to say, it was really nice to chat with an actual person and have them search the files and come back and inform me that the bug had not been reported yet. I chose the live chat contact option. You can also text or phone.

3 Likes

Syberia: The World Before

Had been looking forward to play these wintery days … :disappointed:

1 Like

Starfield release date announced.

Skyrim in space! Oh Yes, Oh Yes, Oh Yes!!!

5 Likes

Ahhh. So now we know why you built a new PC. :wink: No specs released yet? I read the dev PC for that trailer had RTX 2080 series

2 Likes

All I’ve seen so far is third party speculation. I can’t find anything official from Bethesda as yet. That’s understandable - launch is still 10 months away, and that time could allow a lot of development and optimisation.

However, it appears to be launching simultaneously on PC and Xbox. I’d take the Xbox specs as a guide.

3 Likes

It’s a Bethesda RPG and visually exactly what I like, I’ll be definitely following the news here. :slightly_smiling_face: Whenever they release it in the end :wink: (By now I expect all games to be delayed…)

Is there anything more than the trailer about the gameplay or story already? On their Discord (channel inside the Bethesda Discord) people are assuming the “map” will be the closest starfield to our solar system, the 130 stars nearest us. But now I’m curious how humanity travels there, is one planet = one playthrough, or one star system, or “130” locations/planets/star systems released over time…? Does the story have a main quest with a beginning and end, with a million side quests? (That’s what I kinda hope for.) Is the setting inside spaceships, or on planetary surfaces, or in bases…? The trailer doesn’t really say…

2 Likes

Wiki
Starfield is set in an area that extends outward from the Solar System for approximately 50 light years called The Settled Systems.[4] Around the year 2310, the two largest factions in the game, the United Colonies and Freestar Collective engaged in the bloody Colony War. The game takes place 20 years after the events of the Colony War in which the major factions enjoy an uneasy peace. The player will assume the role of a customisable character who is a member of Constellation, an organization of space explorers.[5] The game can be played in either first- or third-person perspectives.[6]
Twitter

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield

4 Likes

Not tracking starfield yet. There’s nothing but concept art and a bit of trailer footage out there, no info yet what the gameplay will be like…

1 Like